Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 356

Thread: Court halts Calif. gay marriages pending appeal

  1. #331
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Court halts Calif. gay marriages pending appeal

    Redress -
    Actually yes, I have read the full article. That is why I know that Dr. Stacey concluded that children raised by gays do just as well as children raised by straits. Further, the article you linked is from 2001, whereas my link was from 2005. Dr. Stacey helped correct some methodology issues in this 2001 article, and has improved the studies done since...remember, my source was from 2005
    Oh I missed this. Are you referring to the WebMD "article". Show me the study. I'm not in the business of having other people form conclusions for me. I think for myself on issue like this. Why don't you? Just ask yourself how in the world a child of gay parents can fair as well as that of heterosexual parents? What criterion are you using? How in the world can they identify with both genders in a single gender home? Unless, (which I am SURE you are in favor of) gender identification isn't important to the psychological, sexual, and spiritual health of a child? You might say this, and in fact many here have already said as much, but it doesn't make it true, and the empirical data trumps any notion that you might have even an inkling of credibility with such a claim.


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  2. #332
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Court halts Calif. gay marriages pending appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Anyone can use a soap box. However, we cannot actually infringe upon the rights and liberties of the individual. Which is where you seem to err.
    Yes we can..

    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  3. #333
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Court halts Calif. gay marriages pending appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Yes we can..

    Tim-
    Not rightfully, no you cannot. Not by the principles which founded this country, no you cannot. Through the use of tryannical government force against the free rights and liberties of the individual; sure. But people endorsing treason and tyranny shouldn't be allowed input.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #334
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Court halts Calif. gay marriages pending appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Yes we can..

    Tim-
    And I will take up arms against tyranny.

  5. #335
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Court halts Calif. gay marriages pending appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Hint: I quoted the lead paragraph of the article, in it's entirety. You quoted an entirely different sentence from further in the article. No trying to hide anything as you imply.

    The study found that they children did better overall, not in every area. I never claimed otherwise. Further, this is in line with other similar studies. You have so far presented exactly nothing to counter these studies. Not one bit of evidence otherwise, despite being asked repeatedly. Wonder why that is....

    Yes, yes, the "article" makes this claim, but without the actual study, I'm not inclined to agree, just because the "article" says so. Think for yourself, Redress.. I have done exactly what you've asked, and what many others have asked. The data in Staceys study says something a lot different than what she concludes overall. You didn't read the 2001 study, I even gave you the specific areas to look at. The data set is also there. You didn't read it at all, you read the conclusion, and thought that this was enough. You also have not provided the 2005 "corrections". I'd like to see them, do you have them?


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  6. #336
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Court halts Calif. gay marriages pending appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Not rightfully, no you cannot. Not by the principles which founded this country, no you cannot. Through the use of tryannical government force against the free rights and liberties of the individual; sure. But people endorsing treason and tyranny shouldn't be allowed input.
    Sure you can.. It's not tyranny. It all rests on what is fundamental. Sheesh you people keep regurgitating the same slop. Is it your hope that if you keep me busy saying the same things over and over that I'll get tired and go away? Not likely sunshine.. Not likely at all.


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  7. #337
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Court halts Calif. gay marriages pending appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    And I will take up arms against tyranny.
    Oooo.. Oooo..


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  8. #338
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:01 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,361
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Court halts Calif. gay marriages pending appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Yes, yes, the "article" makes this claim, but without the actual study, I'm not inclined to agree, just because the "article" says so. Think for yourself, Redress.. I have done exactly what you've asked, and what many others have asked. The data in Staceys study says something a lot different than what she concludes overall. You didn't read the 2001 study, I even gave you the specific areas to look at. The data set is also there. You didn't read it at all, you read the conclusion, and thought that this was enough. You also have not provided the 2005 "corrections". I'd like to see them, do you have them?


    Tim-
    See, this is the typical methodology of some one who has nothing. Evade, avoid, cloud. You have shown no evidence that children raised by gays do less well than those raised by straits. You constantly avoid doing so. You only try and demean anything others actually do bring as evidence. It's the same strategy that Creationists use. Don't prove your point, try and cast doubt on the other view, and hope people mistake that s meaning your view is right.

    So come on, link to and quote some actual evidence.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #339
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Court halts Calif. gay marriages pending appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Sure you can.. It's not tyranny. It all rests on what is fundamental. Sheesh you people keep regurgitating the same slop. Is it your hope that if you keep me busy saying the same things over and over that I'll get tired and go away? Not likely sunshine.. Not likely at all.


    Tim-
    The unjust use of government force against the rights and liberties of the individual is most certainly tyranny. What is fundamental in America is the rights and liberties of the individual. That's why we made this Republic and one of the key factors government was made to protect. If you act against that you act in tyranny against others. Tyranny can and should be violently resisted.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #340
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:01 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,361
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Court halts Calif. gay marriages pending appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Sure you can.. It's not tyranny. It all rests on what is fundamental. Sheesh you people keep regurgitating the same slop. Is it your hope that if you keep me busy saying the same things over and over that I'll get tired and go away? Not likely sunshine.. Not likely at all.


    Tim-
    It's not our fault you keep regurgitating the same flawed arguments time and again. If you stop, we will stop using the same counterarguments.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •