Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 356

Thread: Court halts Calif. gay marriages pending appeal

  1. #141
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Court halts Calif. gay marriages pending appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    It does, right now LGBT people don't have the same protection under the law, and violates the 14th amendment.
    They have no right to protection. That's the argument I'm making, YS.


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  2. #142
    Student
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    98053
    Last Seen
    04-19-15 @ 03:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    264

    Re: Court halts Calif. gay marriages pending appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    This has to be one of the funniest things I have ever read. Gays are not heterosexual. Brilliant!
    You obviously have a low threshold of humor. ;-)

    If you think this post was funny, read the whole thread. You'll be in stiches.

  3. #143
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Court halts Calif. gay marriages pending appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    This has to be one of the funniest things I have ever read. Gays are not heterosexual. Brilliant!

    "Procreate" means to beget or bring forth offspring(Procreate - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary), which is exactly what gays are, and can do.
    Not with each other they can't? So why recognize the union of two "homosexuals" if two homosexuals can't reproduce equal to that of heterosexuals? Gays can also marry those of the opposite sex. Are we parsing meanings now. Redress? Is it convientent to do so for you?



    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  4. #144
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,361
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Court halts Calif. gay marriages pending appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Not with each other they can't? So why recognize the union of two "homosexuals" if two homosexuals can't reproduce equal to that of heterosexuals? Gays can also marry those of the opposite sex. Are we parsing meanings now. Redress? Is it convientent to do so for you?



    Tim-
    You where the one to bring up the definition of procreate, not me. I just actually showed what it was. The fact that your arguments entirely forget we are in the 21st century, with all sorts of technology which makes having a child fairly easy is not my problem, it's the problem with your arguments.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #145
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Court halts Calif. gay marriages pending appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    They have no right to protection. That's the argument I'm making, YS.


    Tim-
    Why shouldn't they?
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  6. #146
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Court halts Calif. gay marriages pending appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You where the one to bring up the definition of procreate, not me. I just actually showed what it was. The fact that your arguments entirely forget we are in the 21st century, with all sorts of technology which makes having a child fairly easy is not my problem, it's the problem with your arguments.
    No, there is no "pro" in the procreation of a homosexual union. None at all. Not instrinsically, there isn't, nor is there a pressumption of such.


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  7. #147
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Court halts Calif. gay marriages pending appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Why shouldn't they?
    Please.. Do you think I'm in habit of repeating myself.



    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  8. #148
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Court halts Calif. gay marriages pending appeal

    Ok, so I have to go to bed, it's way past my bedtime.. Have at er.. If someone says something substantive I'll respond in the morning, if not, then the courts will decide.


    Peace!


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  9. #149
    Student
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    98053
    Last Seen
    04-19-15 @ 03:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    264

    Re: Court halts Calif. gay marriages pending appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Perhaps, but you haven't heard my argument before. Legal precedent is set on the fundamental strenght of the argument. My argument is strong, and I know it. If you wish to dessent, then do so. Don't moan to me about whether it is based on legal precedent. Let's put it this way, there is nil, zero, nadda, legal precedent that opposes my argument.

    How's that wannabe scholar?


    Tim-
    And there we have it. Your argument is "strong" because you really belive it. And because you really belive it, it is a "legal" argument. Wow!

    In Walker's ruling there is lots of analysis that is based on legal precedent and it directly contradicts what you have been saying.

    I'm going to have to suggest that you take that Zyprexa and try again tomorrow.

  10. #150
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,361
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Court halts Calif. gay marriages pending appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    No, there is no "pro" in the procreation of a homosexual union. None at all. Not instrinsically, there isn't, nor is there a pressumption of such.


    Tim-
    I suppose that might be true if the "pro" in "procreate" meant something other than it does. Since it doesn't, you are once again wrong.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •