Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 356

Thread: Court halts Calif. gay marriages pending appeal

  1. #131
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Court halts Calif. gay marriages pending appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    And my age has something to do with this debate how?

    Oh, yeah right, nothing.
    Well, you haven't offered up a legal argument that opposes me, only an emotional one, so what do you expect?

    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  2. #132
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,342
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Court halts Calif. gay marriages pending appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Well, you haven't offered up a legal argument that opposes me, only an emotional one, so what do you expect?

    Tim-
    And you have offered up no data, and no evidence to back your argument. Glass houses and stuff.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #133
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Court halts Calif. gay marriages pending appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Well, you haven't offered up a legal argument that opposes me, only an emotional one, so what do you expect?

    Tim-
    The fact that it violates the 14th amendment, isn't enough for you?
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  4. #134
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Court halts Calif. gay marriages pending appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    We can, based on the evidence I presented presume that ~1/4 of gay couples will already have children, and we can presume, based on the evidence provided, that many more want children, and since almost all people have medical help in having children, it will be just as intrinsic as strait couples.
    but they can't have them in the same way that heterosexuals do. So there is no pressumption. Also, they cannot have them in the same way that heterosexuals are wanting of them, in the "pro" creative axiom. There is no mutual intrinsic "wanting" for them. How could there be?


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  5. #135
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Court halts Calif. gay marriages pending appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    And you have offered up no data, and no evidence to back your argument. Glass houses and stuff.
    That's the beauty. There's no need to "offer-up" data. It is what it is. That's kinda the defintiion of instrinsic.


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  6. #136
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Court halts Calif. gay marriages pending appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    The fact that it violates the 14th amendment, isn't enough for you?
    It doesn't violate the 14th. That's the point. Gays lose no matter what. If marriage isn't fundamental, they lose, if it is, then it has only ever been for one group of people; at least in terms of societies posterity. Something worth protecting, no? Even givning special recognition too?



    Tim-
    Last edited by Hicup; 08-17-10 at 04:03 AM.
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  7. #137
    Student
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    98053
    Last Seen
    04-19-15 @ 03:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    264

    Re: Court halts Calif. gay marriages pending appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Well, you haven't offered up a legal argument that opposes me, only an emotional one, so what do you expect?

    Tim-
    Walker's ruling had plenty of legal argument that is more than adequate to rebut anything that you have posted.

    Still looking for anything in your postings that hint at being based on the law, which, I think, is what defines a legal argument. I found some lenghty posts, but nothing that actually smacked of being legal.

    BTW, I'm in agreement with Star and I bet the average of our ages would meet any standard that you might like to set.

  8. #138
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Court halts Calif. gay marriages pending appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    It doesn't violate the 14th. That's the point. Gays lose no matter what. If marriage isn't fundamental, they lose, if it is, then it has only ever been for one group of people; at least in terms of societies posterity. Something worht protecting, no? Even gvning special recognition too?



    Tim-
    It does, right now LGBT people don't have the same protection under the law, and violates the 14th amendment.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  9. #139
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,342
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Court halts Calif. gay marriages pending appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    but they can't have them in the same way that heterosexuals do. So there is no pressumption. Also, they cannot have them in the same way that heterosexuals are wanting of them, in the "pro" creative axiom. There is no mutual intrinsic "wanting" for them. How could there be?


    Tim-
    This has to be one of the funniest things I have ever read. Gays are not heterosexual. Brilliant!

    "Procreate" means to beget or bring forth offspring(Procreate - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary), which is exactly what gays are, and can do.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #140
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Court halts Calif. gay marriages pending appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by zip98053 View Post
    Walker's ruling had plenty of legal argument that is more than adequate to rebut anything that you have posted.

    Still looking for anything in your postings that hint at being based on the law, which, I think, is what defines a legal argument. I found some lenghty posts, but nothing that actually smacked of being legal.

    BTW, I'm in agreement with Star and I bet the average of our ages would meet any standard that you might like to set.
    Perhaps, but you haven't heard my argument before. Legal precedent is set on the fundamental strenght of the argument. My argument is strong, and I know it. If you wish to dissent, then do so. Don't moan to me about whether it is based on legal precedent. Let's put it this way, there is nil, zero, nadda, legal precedent that opposes my argument.

    How's that wannabe scholar?


    Tim-
    Last edited by Hicup; 08-17-10 at 04:14 AM.
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •