Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 356

Thread: Court halts Calif. gay marriages pending appeal

  1. #111
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Court halts Calif. gay marriages pending appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    So, I want to smoke weed. No I don't really, but it is as ridiculous as your argument. Why would a homosexual who cannot bear children with the one they love want to have kids in the "same-way" a heterosexual couple does. How efficient is it?



    Tim-
    Why not place special recognition for the intrinsic value or the heteroseuxal union?


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  2. #112
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Court halts Calif. gay marriages pending appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by zip98053 View Post
    Can you say non sequitur?

    Who can do what aleady without marriage?

    If the government would simply allows civil unions to any pair that wants to form a civil union, and then gives that pair the same rights and privileges as they currently give to married couples, then we can get the government out of the marriage discussion. The government would not have to condone or prevent marriage. It simply allows these civil unions and then marriage reverts to what it has been historically, a religious ceremony.
    No argument there...



    But the gays don't want that.. They want marriage..



    Tim-
    Last edited by Hicup; 08-17-10 at 03:25 AM.
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  3. #113
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Court halts Calif. gay marriages pending appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    still have yet to hear one good reason against Gay marriage..I can't believe we are still debating this in 2010, lets just legalize it and move on to more important things.
    Then you haven't been paying attention.


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  4. #114
    Student
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    98053
    Last Seen
    04-19-15 @ 03:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    264

    Re: Court halts Calif. gay marriages pending appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    That, Sir, is left up to you to decide. Legally, there us a real identifiable need for it. It is the entire basis of my argument.


    Tim-
    I'm afraid that I've yet to discern any legal argument in your postings. Saying that one is making a legal argument without any citations of precedent does not a legal argument make.

  5. #115
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Court halts Calif. gay marriages pending appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Just because you don't drink and drive doesn't mean it doesn't affect you. When other people drink and drive on the same roads as you, guess what it affects you!

    And it's not a dishonest question, how does it affect you?
    Who are YOU to judge how Gay Marriage would affect me or another person? How did Slavery Affect non-slave holders? How did Blacks not being able to Vote affect whites? How did Women not being able to Vote Affect Males?

    Think about how silly that line of thought is, "How does it affect you? It doesn't so you can't argue against it!" No matter how the person you are attacking replies, you will claim their reasons are NOT VALID and dismiss them. A most dishonest emotional line of thought.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  6. #116
    Student
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    98053
    Last Seen
    04-19-15 @ 03:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    264

    Re: Court halts Calif. gay marriages pending appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    No argument there...



    But the gays don't want that.. They want marriage..



    Tim-
    I don't think so. I think that they want the same standing, under the law, as any other couple. They will make the seperate is inherently not equal argument and I think that I would agree with them.

    My proposition is that the government doesn't say anything about marriage. The government should only do civil unions. Le the pastors do marriage.

  7. #117
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Court halts Calif. gay marriages pending appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by zip98053 View Post
    I'm afraid that I've yet to discern any legal argument in your postings. Saying that one is making a legal argument without any citations of precedent does not a legal argument make.
    What? Why the need for precedent? Where do you think precedent comes from? A hint is the strongest legal argument. The refusal, or offording gay rights to marriage is substantive. You do know what that means, right?


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  8. #118
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Court halts Calif. gay marriages pending appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by zip98053 View Post
    I don't think so. I think that they want the same standing, under the law, as any other couple. They will make the seperate is inherently not equal argument and I think that I would agree with them.

    My proposition is that the government doesn't say anything about marriage. The government should only do civil unions. Le the pastors do marriage.


    They are separate, AND they are unequal.


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  9. #119
    Advisor BCR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Heart of Dixie
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 04:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    598

    Re: Court halts Calif. gay marriages pending appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Then you haven't been paying attention.


    Tim-
    feel free to tell my exactly what I'm missing then.
    I use a lot of satire and sarcasm so keep that in mind when reading my posts.

  10. #120
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Court halts Calif. gay marriages pending appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    They are separate, AND they are unequal.


    Tim-
    And there it is. Atleast you have the balls to say that you think LGBT are unequal.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •