Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 100

Thread: Judge: State ban on protests at military funerals unconstitutional

  1. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Judge: State ban on protests at military funerals unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Building the Ground Zero mosque is nothing more than an insult to America and the Americans that were murdered on 9/11. This is a monument to victory for the Muslims. That's how it is viewed by many Muslims.
    Good thing they aren't building at ground zero, they are building it too blocks away. But hey don't let facts get in the way of your insane "I hate all Muslims" rant.

  2. #72
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Judge: State ban on protests at military funerals unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    When is the judge's funeral? I would like to attend.......

    With a protest sign. See how HIS family likes it.
    You know what is funny?

    There is actually a group waiting to protest the funeral of the old man who runs WBC.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  3. #73
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,754

    Re: Judge: State ban on protests at military funerals unconstitutional

    Completely banning the WBC protests is, indeed, unconstitutional.

    Personally, I think the result of their recent attempt to protest at ComicCon was the proper response.

    There's a thread on that somewhere in this forum...
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  4. #74
    Student Johnny DooWop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Right
    Last Seen
    11-02-10 @ 02:28 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    290

    Re: Judge: State ban on protests at military funerals unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    This is a monument to victory for the Muslims. That's how it is viewed by many Muslims.
    Any sources on that besides from Stormfront?

  5. #75
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Judge: State ban on protests at military funerals unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Good thing they aren't building at ground zero, they are building it too blocks away. But hey don't let facts get in the way of your insane "I hate all Muslims" rant.
    So, what's a couple of blocks? 80-100 meters, correct? Let's say it's 100 meters. Two blocks would be approximately 650 feet, +/-. Yes? Ya think that when the WTC came down, that there was debris was scattered over 650 feet away?

    So, yes, don't let reality get in your way, sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #76
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Judge: State ban on protests at military funerals unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny DooWop View Post
    Any sources on that besides from Stormfront?
    Are you calling me a Nazi? White supremist? I mean, be honest and tell us all what your point really is. Be a man and own up to that statement, for once in your life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #77
    Student Johnny DooWop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Right
    Last Seen
    11-02-10 @ 02:28 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    290

    Re: Judge: State ban on protests at military funerals unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Are you calling me a Nazi? White supremist? I mean, be honest and tell us all what your point really is. Be a man and own up to that statement, for once in your life.
    "Muslim Victory"? You sound like this is the crusades or something? This is 2010 bro. Just because some wacko Muslims with a death wish flew some planes into some buildings 10 years ago, doesn't mean the entire Muslim world is trying to destroy America and Christianity. Go read the definition of "paranoia". My point was where are your sources to back up that "Most Muslims feel this is a victory", and they better not be those skewed, unreliable statistics from ultra-right wing websites. I mean a real news source that says "Most Muslims" feel this Mosque is a victory over America. Back up your statements with some facts for once in your life.

  8. #78
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Judge: State ban on protests at military funerals unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny DooWop View Post
    "Muslim Victory"? You sound like this is the crusades or something? This is 2010 bro. Just because some wacko Muslims with a death wish flew some planes into some buildings 10 years ago, doesn't mean the entire Muslim world is trying to destroy America and Christianity. Go read the definition of "paranoia". My point was where are your sources to back up that "Most Muslims feel this is a victory", and they better not be those skewed, unreliable statistics from ultra-right wing websites. I mean a real news source that says "Most Muslims" feel this Mosque is a victory over America.
    I would agree with you, except that the imam that wants to build this mosque is a terrorist sympathizer.

    Why would we let an imam, who sympathizes with terrorists, preach in a mosque 600 feet from Ground Zero.

    I'm old enough to remember 9/11. Maybe you can't relate.

    Back up your statements with some facts for once in your life.
    Care to back up your statement accusing me of being a white supremist?
    Last edited by apdst; 08-18-10 at 11:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #79
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Judge: State ban on protests at military funerals unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Building the Ground Zero mosque is nothing more than an insult to America and the Americans that were murdered on 9/11. This is a monument to victory for the Muslims. That's how it is viewed by many Muslims.
    First, they aren't building it at ground zero. That's false to start with. And second, as they are not the radicals who committed that evil, it is no different than a christian church being built a couple of blocks away. Only someone misinformed and perhaps bigotted would be offended.

    So, this is very different.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #80
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Judge: State ban on protests at military funerals unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    First, they aren't building it at ground zero. That's false to start with. And second, as they are not the radicals who committed that evil, it is no different than a christian church being built a couple of blocks away. Only someone misinformed and perhaps bigotted would be offended.

    So, this is very different.
    Oh! This is, "different"?... I should have seen that coming.

    If it's no different than building a Christian church in the same area, why has NYC refused to clear a project to rebuild the Greek Orthodox Church that was destroyed on 9/11? Don't see Bloomberg cutting through the red tape and pontificatting for that cause, like he is for the mosque.

    FOXNews.com - What About the Ground Zero Church? Archdiocese Says Officials Abandoned Project
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •