Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 91

Thread: WikiLeaks Founder Describes Possibility of Casualties as Acceptable Risk

  1. #81
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: WikiLeaks Founder Describes Possibility of Casualties as Acceptable Risk

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    It is irrelevant.
    Your making this stupid now.

    Not at all, we have to make sure that we screen carefully who is privy to sensitive information.

    Yes.
    No way!


    Then why are you mad about the documents being released?

    You don't recognize sarcasm?


    Who's calling them out?
    You would


    My credentials are, you asking me what I would do.
    IOW, nothing.....

    Well I know one thing for sure, that letting the police vehicles end up in the hands of the Taliban, isn't successful training.
    Yep, not good, I am pretty sure they would have put a halt to that.

    They have killed 2 Reuters journalists.
    Why? Cold blood? Link please.

    That's exactly what I said.
    Wow! you admit it...This then is the exact reason why you will NEVER see classified documents unless other traitors to this country release them.


    I read over it to quickly and my response wasn't accurate.
    Thank you.....Maybe your haste is causing some other outrageous statements by you in this thread?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #82
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:12 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: WikiLeaks Founder Describes Possibility of Casualties as Acceptable Risk

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    On his Facebook account he had made some suggestion that he was upset at this policy, and that they (the military) would pay.


    j-mac
    Actually, that does not seem to be true. The reports you talk about stem from this article: Bradley Manning, suspected source of Wikileaks documents, raged on his Facebook page - Telegraph

    The problem is that the article does not say what you and some other reports are claiming(though they do source the article I just linked).

    From the linked article:

    At the beginning of May, when he was serving at a US military base near Baghdad, he changed his status to: "Bradley Manning is now left with the sinking feeling that he doesn't have anything left."

    Five days later he said he was "livid" after being "lectured by ex-boyfriend", then later the same day said he was "not a piece of equipment" and was "beyond frustrated with people and society at large".

    His tagline on his personal page reads: "Take me for who I am, or face the consequences!"
    That is as close to your claim as it gets, but clearly is not what you and some reports are claiming. His page is down off facebook now, so I can't get complete quotes.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: WikiLeaks Founder Describes Possibility of Casualties as Acceptable Risk

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post

    Whether there is something we can do with the asshole who owns WikiLeaks, I dunno. I hope so, but I doubt it. There is no excuse, none, for releasing the documents unredacted. If any one is killed as a result of his publishing the documents, I hope the US helps the family of them sue the living **** out of him.
    They don't have to be killed, that the organization which published the intelligence acted in such a blatantly reckless manner and that their lives have been so drammatically altered with the release of their names to the public is plenty of reason to sue for damages, the risk posed and the recklessness of the firm are so obvious and blatant that the decision would be a no-brainer. It would be like a newspaper publishing ten boxes of FBI files on the internet that contained the names of undercover FBI agents and confidential informants within the mafia.

    Now if people are killed as a result of this they can be prosecuted for criminal negligence and face jail time.

  4. #84
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:12 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: WikiLeaks Founder Describes Possibility of Casualties as Acceptable Risk

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    They don't have to be killed, that the organization which published the intelligence acted in such a blatantly reckless manner and that their lives have been so drammatically altered with the release of their names to the public is plenty of reason to sue for damages, the risk posed and the recklessness of the firm are so obvious and blatant that the decision would be a no-brainer. It would be like a newspaper publishing ten boxes of FBI files on the internet that contained the names of undercover FBI agents and confidential informants within the mafia.

    Now if people are killed as a result of this they can be prosecuted for criminal negligence and face jail time.
    The guy who owns WikiLeaks does not live in the US, so I doubt it would be possible to do that unfortunately. The one(s) in the US should be prosecuted and put away for the rest of their lives no matter what. I have zero patients for **** like this.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: WikiLeaks Founder Describes Possibility of Casualties as Acceptable Risk

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The guy who owns WikiLeaks does not live in the US, so I doubt it would be possible to do that unfortunately.
    They would just need to sue his ass in the country that he's from. Or if he has assets in the U.S. they could probably sue him here as well.

    The one(s) in the US should be prosecuted and put away for the rest of their lives no matter what. I have zero patients for **** like this.
    [/quote]

    Agreed.

  6. #86
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: WikiLeaks Founder Describes Possibility of Casualties as Acceptable Risk

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    The fundamental conflict is that the secrets act is being abused and its hard to unwind the stuff that should be secrets vs coverups and other shenanagans. Its unfortunate that it has to come to this, but it wouldn't have been an issue if the pentegon and other agencies had been more responsible.
    Be that as it may, it's not the responsibility of a private citizen to determine what should and what should not be released.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #87
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: WikiLeaks Founder Describes Possibility of Casualties as Acceptable Risk

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Not at all, we have to make sure that we screen carefully who is privy to sensitive information.

    No way!

    You don't recognize sarcasm?

    You would

    IOW, nothing.....

    Yep, not good, I am pretty sure they would have put a halt to that.

    Why? Cold blood? Link please.

    Wow! you admit it...This then is the exact reason why you will NEVER see classified documents unless other traitors to this country release them.

    Thank you.....Maybe your haste is causing some other outrageous statements by you in this thread?


    j-mac
    Well, all I can say is that I'm not automatically biased in favor of the military like some of you here are.

    I don't think it's right to play 3 card monte with information, in order to cover up transgressions.
    You obviously have different feelings on the subject.

    Not much I can do to change that
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  8. #88
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: WikiLeaks Founder Describes Possibility of Casualties as Acceptable Risk

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The guy who owns WikiLeaks does not live in the US, so I doubt it would be possible to do that unfortunately. The one(s) in the US should be prosecuted and put away for the rest of their lives no matter what. I have zero patients for **** like this.
    However, it would be very easy to send a couple-a-brothers with a pair of pliars and a blow torch to show this goofball what could possibly happen to a covert operator when some asshole illegally reveals that operator's identity on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #89
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: WikiLeaks Founder Describes Possibility of Casualties as Acceptable Risk

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Well, all I can say is that I'm not automatically biased in favor of the military like some of you here are.

    I don't think it's right to play 3 card monte with information, in order to cover up transgressions.
    You obviously have different feelings on the subject.


    Not much I can do to change that
    I don't think it's right to do that, either. At the same time, not just any Joe Shmoe off the street gets to decide what information needs to be leaked.

    If I had to choose between 3 card monte with the information and an operator (who isn't guilty of any wrong doing) losing his life over an illegal leak, I'll choose the fore, everytime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #90
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: WikiLeaks Founder Describes Possibility of Casualties as Acceptable Risk

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I don't think it's right to do that, either. At the same time, not just any Joe Shmoe off the street gets to decide what information needs to be leaked.

    If I had to choose between 3 card monte with the information and an operator (who isn't guilty of any wrong doing) losing his life over an illegal leak, I'll choose the fore, everytime.
    It doesn't always have to be like that but there are a ton of Joe Schmoes handling that information on a daily basis.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •