Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 91

Thread: WikiLeaks Founder Describes Possibility of Casualties as Acceptable Risk

  1. #61
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: WikiLeaks Founder Describes Possibility of Casualties as Acceptable Risk

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Hmm, technically it's not stealing because it's government (ie, owned by you and I) data.
    It's classified sure.

    Don't classify so much material, be truthful and the problem will rarely arise.
    You are playing word games. He released data that was not his to release. When you sign up for the military, you take an oath. Some of us took it seriously. Not taking it seriously is a sign of a lack of...honor maybe, or ethics.

    The problem is he put politics over his oath. He was not qualified to judge whether the documents should have been classified, he released them because of his political beliefs. That is unacceptable. The fault does not lie, in any way, with the government, but with the person who took it upon himself to make a judgment he is not qualified to make.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #62
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: WikiLeaks Founder Describes Possibility of Casualties as Acceptable Risk

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You are playing word games. He released data that was not his to release. When you sign up for the military, you take an oath. Some of us took it seriously. Not taking it seriously is a sign of a lack of...honor maybe, or ethics.
    What about the ethical problems with the political leaders and military officers?
    They aren't without fault on this specific issue.
    They knew stuff, didn't tell us and/or lied.

    They have a duty to serve us in the best capacity and not hide their transgressions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The problem is he put politics over his oath. He was not qualified to judge whether the documents should have been classified, he released them because of his political beliefs. That is unacceptable. The fault does not lie, in any way, with the government, but with the person who took it upon himself to make a judgment he is not qualified to make.
    Some of that material shouldn't have been classified in my eyes.
    A lot of key stone cop **** going on with the military.

    Sorry but they are partially at fault.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  3. #63
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: WikiLeaks Founder Describes Possibility of Casualties as Acceptable Risk

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Hmm, technically it's not stealing because it's government (ie, owned by you and I) data.
    It's classified sure.

    Don't classify so much material, be truthful and the problem will rarely arise.

    Government owned does not necessarily mean that you have any need what so ever to the information being classified. The only reason you want information like this to be privy to the population as a whole is to bitch and moan about what the military does in the execution of the war. It would be far more damaging if everything was known, and no secrets existed. My thought is that we wouldn't exist as a nation right now if that were true.

    You say don't classify so much? Who are you? Why do you need to know?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #64
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: WikiLeaks Founder Describes Possibility of Casualties as Acceptable Risk

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Government owned does not necessarily mean that you have any need what so ever to the information being classified. The only reason you want information like this to be privy to the population as a whole is to bitch and moan about what the military does in the execution of the war. It would be far more damaging if everything was known, and no secrets existed. My thought is that we wouldn't exist as a nation right now if that were true.

    You say don't classify so much? Who are you? Why do you need to know?


    j-mac
    I'm an owner of this place.

    Who are they to withhold the information from me?
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  5. #65
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: WikiLeaks Founder Describes Possibility of Casualties as Acceptable Risk

    This is another of those strange bedfellows threads, where you can't tell by some ones lean what their position probably will be.

    Just thought I would mention that, after seeing that I got thanked by J-Mac.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #66
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: WikiLeaks Founder Describes Possibility of Casualties as Acceptable Risk

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    This is another of those strange bedfellows threads, where you can't tell by some ones lean what their position probably will be.

    Just thought I would mention that, after seeing that I got thanked by J-Mac.

    Still love ya red!


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #67
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: WikiLeaks Founder Describes Possibility of Casualties as Acceptable Risk

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    I'm an owner of this place.

    Who are they to withhold the information from me?
    No, you are 1/300,000,000th owner of this place, and you vote to be represented, giving up your supposed right to screw things up.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #68
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: WikiLeaks Founder Describes Possibility of Casualties as Acceptable Risk

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No, you are 1/300,000,000th owner of this place, and you vote to be represented, giving up your supposed right to screw things up.


    j-mac
    I haven't voted to give up my right to information, that my taxes pay for.
    They are mine too.

    "Screwing things up" is subjective.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  9. #69
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: WikiLeaks Founder Describes Possibility of Casualties as Acceptable Risk

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    I haven't voted to give up my right to information, that my taxes pay for.
    They are mine too.

    "Screwing things up" is subjective.

    Well then follow the rules and apply through FOIA! But don't advocate some gay solider with a chip on his shoulder just releasing information wholesale, when it puts lives in danger, then say Oh well, when it is done....That is just insane.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #70
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: WikiLeaks Founder Describes Possibility of Casualties as Acceptable Risk

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Well then follow the rules and apply through FOIA! But don't advocate some gay solider with a chip on his shoulder just releasing information wholesale, when it puts lives in danger, then say Oh well, when it is done....That is just insane.


    j-mac
    It's irrelevant that he is gay.

    I prefer transparency.
    They could of done it better but I want people to find classified information and I want them to publish it in a reasonable manner.

    I don't care if people break the law, in this regard.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •