Page 73 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 730 of 1032

Thread: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

  1. #721
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No, the church owns the land, they only sold the parking lot. In any case they did offer to move the church a block away and that was scuttled as well. I just think there is huge hypocrisy going on here.
    Did you miss the rest of my post?

    The church wants to build on land owned by the port authority. That's a lot harder than building on privately owned land.

    BTW, you mention private investors....Who are they?
    Who the **** cares?
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  2. #722
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Says you. Others feel differently.


    j-mac
    And "feelings" always take a back seat to facts, don't they?

  3. #723
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,956

    Re: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Why the flap over the dome then?


    j-mac
    What are you talking about? What dome?
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  4. #724
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:22 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,293
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Says you. Others feel differently.


    j-mac
    But you and they have not documented any evidence to back up that feeling. None. Zero.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #725
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, not a mystery.



    BTW, above you talk about feeling. Is feeling the standard? Just asking.

    I guess only when liberal feelings are at stake, but never when the families of the murdered 9/11 victims come into play....

    Nice.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #726
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I guess only when liberal feelings are at stake, but never when the families of the murdered 9/11 victims come into play....

    Nice.


    j-mac
    Strawman? <G>

  7. #727
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    11-28-17 @ 04:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    11,690

    Re: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    ...now come back and ask me what I am talking about mentioning St Nick's? Amazing!
    With the land swap having fallen through due to financial issues, The New York Times reported of the Port Authority's stance, "The authority now says that St. Nicholas is free to rebuild the church on its own parcel at 155 Cedar Street, just east of West Street."

    Bottom line: The Church can rebuild.

  8. #728
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I guess only when liberal feelings are at stake, but never when the families of the murdered 9/11 victims come into play....

    Nice.


    j-mac
    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    Strawman? <G>
    Appeal to emotion, actually. He's switching the fallacies up on us now. Tricky!

  9. #729
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:22 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,293
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I guess only when liberal feelings are at stake, but never when the families of the murdered 9/11 victims come into play....

    Nice.


    j-mac
    Mindless appeal to emotion.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #730
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    11-28-17 @ 04:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    11,690

    Re: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    What are you talking about? What dome?
    The restriction on the dome was part of a possible land swap deal. No such restrictions were imposed were the Church to rebuild on its original parcel of land. Of course, the size of the original plot likely precluded the large dome that the Church desired.

    From The New York Times:

    In recent negotiations, the authority cut the size of the church slightly and told church officials that its dome could not rise higher than the trade center memorial...

    St. Nicholas officials had hoped to build an impressive structure, with a traditional Greek Orthodox dome, and a nondenominational center for visitors to ground zero. That will not be possible on the church’s original 1,200-square-foot lot...

Page 73 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •