Page 68 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
Results 671 to 680 of 1032

Thread: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

  1. #671
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    We can't halt progress because some people might get upset.
    what you call progress, millions and millions of americans see as crass insensitivity

    but what do they matter

    we'll improve relations with em in spite of themselves

  2. #672
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    So now liberals are concerned with religious freedom? Well thank goodness that it isn't a Christian church we are speaking of, the argument would probably be 180 degrees turned around.

    BTW, can you answer why this Mosque is being fast tracked, while St. Nicholas is being stonewalled?


    j-mac
    Not sure what you're referring to.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  3. #673
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    And that is true, which is why the Middle East needs to take Western countries as a perfect example of the benefits and the humanity of secularism. Christianity too, though not as much, is out of touch with liberal society.

    Just because it has conservative views in nature, does not mean they are all bad people and they are all terrorists.
    I never said they were, but that speaks nothing to the status of their ideology.

    They can become secular and as Western as any folk, as Israel and Turkey has proved (Erdogans recent attempts to pervert it aside).

    It is possible to live beside them if we educate them. We fight and spread our values of freedom around the world, not respecting these values at home undermines our legitimacy as Democratic people who respect the freedom of others.
    Agreed.

  4. #674
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    what you call progress, millions and millions of americans see as crass insensitivity
    It's not illegal to be insensitive.
    I can make a lot of insensitive comments, to make everyone feel better, if you want.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    but what do they matter
    They don't.


    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    we'll improve relations with em in spite of themselves
    Maybe, maybe not.

    There's only one way to find out.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  5. #675
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    Not sure what you're referring to.
    Let me know if you find out.

  6. #676
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    So now liberals are concerned with religious freedom? Well thank goodness that it isn't a Christian church we are speaking of, the argument would probably be 180 degrees turned around.

    BTW, can you answer why this Mosque is being fast tracked, while St. Nicholas is being stonewalled?


    j-mac
    Christian churches can be built anywhere they want to as long as they follow zoning laws. Liberals are 100 % consistent on this. Nice spin though.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #677
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronado View Post
    Straw man and straw man.
    Just wondering outloud....Si if it is a straw man argument, do you then concede that if the tables were turned you'd be arguing against the Christian church? Just curious.


    Relevance?
    the relevance is that there is a Greek Orthodox Church that has been established in this area for decades, was damaged by 9/11, and is meeting with flack over getting permits to rebuild, meanwhile the Mosque gets the immediate green light? Why?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #678
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Christian churches can be built anywhere they want to as long as they follow zoning laws. Liberals are 100 % consistent on this. Nice spin though.
    Uh huh...Tell that to those in CA concerning that Cross that had to be taken down. Tell that to the parishioners of St Nicholas church NYC.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #679
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Just wondering outloud....Si if it is a straw man argument, do you then concede that if the tables were turned you'd be arguing against the Christian church? Just curious.
    Do you even know what a straw man is?

    And no, I would not be arguing against a Christian church being built if it were in compliance with all relevant zoning ordinances. Sorry to disappoint you.
    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    the relevance is that there is a Greek Orthodox Church that has been established in this area for decades, was damaged by 9/11, and is meeting with flack over getting permits to rebuild, meanwhile the Mosque gets the immediate green light? Why?
    Hell if I know. Are you alleging some sort of swarthy conspiracy?

  10. #680
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Do you lefties even consider the victims of the families of the people murdered on 9/11? It would be like a kick in the gut to build a mosque at or near thatsite...........
    I thought you were thread banned.

Page 68 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •