Page 64 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
Results 631 to 640 of 1032

Thread: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

  1. #631
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    You can call it what ever the hell you want but the fact of the matter is that it is a large center that will be holding daily prayer rituals, it's a Mosque.
    So when everybody was praying in the Twin Towers - did they become a church?

  2. #632
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    You're not listening, because I never said he wasn't entitled. I said he should have kept his mouth shut.
    The leader of the free world should have kept his mouth shut? Why, because you say so??

  3. #633
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by rhinefire View Post
    One has to respect the sensitvity of others. Yes our constitution is our platform but anyone would have to question why INSIST on this location? The law does not require you to attend your mothers funeral but you should go anyway should you not?
    Well, your question is certainly off-topic but wth, I'm up against that very scenario. I won't be attending my mother's funeral. And if you want to ask it honestly as opposed to trying to make a point - what if all of her other family is PRAYING I don't show up. Who shall I be sensitive to then?

    Funerals are for the living, and sensitivity has nothing to do with it. A cultural center. Repeat after me, Cultural Center! is being built two. Blocks. Away.

    Just leave them be.

  4. #634
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,306

    Re: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    The leader of the free world should have kept his mouth shut? Why, because you say so??
    Probably because they get so little right these days.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #635
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post

    Jesus christ. Is there no sanity left in this world?
    Yes. Just not in this thread.

  6. #636
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Probably because they get so little right these days.


    j-mac
    And again. Because you say so.

  7. #637
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,306

    Re: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    Well, your question is certainly off-topic but wth, I'm up against that very scenario. I won't be attending my mother's funeral. And if you want to ask it honestly as opposed to trying to make a point - what if all of her other family is PRAYING I don't show up. Who shall I be sensitive to then?

    Funerals are for the living, and sensitivity has nothing to do with it. A cultural center. Repeat after me, Cultural Center! is being built two. Blocks. Away.

    Just leave them be.

    - "No German of goodwill would even think of proposing a German cultural center at, say, Treblinka."

    or

    - "While no one objects to Japanese cultural centers, the idea of putting one up at Pearl Harbor would be offensive."

    - Dr. Charles Krauthammer


    Explain the difference if you can.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #638
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,306

    Re: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    And again. Because you say so.
    No, because it is fact....How many amendments to Barry's statement have been given since Friday? Hmmm? This keystone WH can't shoot straight.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #639
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,298
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I hope they don't build it there, it would be a nightmare, during, and after construction.
    Vandalism and protests would be a massive problem. Protests fine. Vandalism not, I hope we can agree on that.

    Nonsense. As I already pointed out there are over a thousand Mosques nation wide. If we were so afraid then why haven't they been shuttered?
    The problem is an increasing attitude of negativety towards Muslims in general.

    he may have, he may not have. Neither can be proven. But I would lay out there that so far the Imam's actions in this mess have been little more than outright lies.
    I'm sorry when did he lie about anything? I just haven't heard him say anything that he claimed to be right, but wasn't... or can you prove me wrong there?

    And if you're reffering to his inability to call Hammas a terrorist organization... that's not a lie. It's true that Hammas is a terrorist organization, not willing to say so is an error in judgement, not a lie.

    Opinions come from a plethora of different places from different people. I think it is rather presumptuous of you to narrow it down to the neat little offensive box you do.
    "Mosque of Conquest"

    You invented the term to give your argument an emotional appeal. It is not a mosque of Conquest.

    Could I not just as easily label you as complacent to radical Islam through an unwillingness to understand the threat that comes out of radical Islam? I think so.
    I understand perfectly the threat of Radical Islam. I understand what is even more sinister, using that threat to scare us into giving up our rights and freedoms. I.E. Patriot Act, and all similar legislation enacted in the Western World.

    It is 600 feet. Too close.
    Well at least we're not still claiming it's "Towering Over".

    Congratulations. Then you also know that you will not make friends with them by prostrating yourself in front of them, right?
    What are you talking about?

    Yeah? Who's fault is it then? I know, do you?
    So who's fault is it then that nothing has been rebuilt. Or is it just having a giant hole in the ground reminds Americans of why they should continue to be afraid and tow the line.

    Seems as though that is the only thing liberals can say when opinion goes against whatever they propose today? Healthcare takeover? Against 70%, DO IT ANYWAY! Finance Reform current existence? 70% Against, DO IT ANYWAY! NYC mosque? 65% Against, 'well the people are wrong, DO IT ANYWAY!

    How long you libs think this will work with the American people?

    j-mac
    Do we now institute law based on mob rule? Since when did this happen?

    The point is, the people are angry about this, I can't say I blame them... but it is important to understand this is about Freedom of Religion and Private Property Rights. IF the people want to institute an Anti-Islam Clause into those things then I suppose they can do that. But until then, you can protest it all you want, but it's their land.

  10. #640
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    New York Post
    Aug 13, 2010



    President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque - NYPOST.com

    As of today 61% of New Yorkers many of them democrats, are aginst the ground zero mosque. Obama comes out in support. Not a very smart move on his part.
    Well I'd say he's right in this case. Now he wants to show that our commitment to religious tolerance is "unshakable"; that has yet to be seen. That deals with how we respond to the situation, not the government. Hopefully we remain rock solid in our commitment to freedom and liberty. But Muslims do have the same right to practice religion and that does include the ability to build a place to worship and community center on private property. Nothing wrong with what he said. We'll see how tolerant the rest of us are coming up here.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 64 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •