Page 47 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 1032

Thread: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

  1. #461
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    We're not supposed to judge the many based on the actions of a few.
    I judge the ideology based on all 5 mainstream sects all believing in the same violent oppressive nonsense. But he clearly said that our negative view of Islamic extremism was a contributing factor to 9-11 as if we were supposed to have a positive view of Islamic extremism.

  2. #462
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post

    Agent,

    Please read my post again only this time don't try so hard to disect it because in this case you come away with the wrong conclusion and espouse the wrong view.
    Maybe that's because when we look carefully you're writing an awful lot to say absolutely nothing.

    Of course America didn't invent Islam. Don't be absord! It is a religon that's been around for thousands of years. You're being very ridiculous here.
    It's called hyperbole.

    I didn't say that our support of Arab/Isreal in and of itslef led to 9/11. I said maybe...maybe some of our foreign policies that led the way for exclusion of Muslim nations from the world stage but fostered inclusion of Arab/Isreal may have led to Muslim extremism that eventually led to 9/11. I also said that history may prove our position to have been correct.
    We support both Arab nations and Israel, if you were correct then why haven't we seen Israeli's conducting terrorist attacks against the U.S.?

    Let me ask you these questions:

    When exactly did Iran become a member of the U.N.?
    10-24-1945

    How many other Muslim nations are also part of this world organization?
    All of them.

    Why are they excluded?
    They aren't.

    What nation primarily has led the way for their exclusion?
    They aren't excluded.

    Why are they set apart from participating in shaping world policies?
    They're not.

    Again, I'm not saying that their exclusion was not justified.
    They weren't excluded.

    I am saying, however, that doing so may have led to the growth of Muslim extremism over the years and how radical Muslim extremist saw fit to project their anger at the U.S. on that faithful day.
    Your premises are not true, your argumentations are invalid, and your conclusions are unsound.
    Last edited by Agent Ferris; 08-15-10 at 07:19 PM.

  3. #463
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,763

    Re: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    If the funding came from terrorists, the mosque should be stopped.

    Period.

    If the funding came from terrorists, the money should be confiscated.

    Period.

    If the funding came from terrorists, the person accepting the funds should have a complete colonoscopy by licensed professional practitioners from the FBI, the CIA, the State Department, and the DHS.
    Well, let's try to atleast provide some room for an honest mistake, shall we? I mean, if it is discovered that a supporter of terrorism or a terrorist organization used some "shadow" entity to funnel money to the Mosque's construction, for example, and the Mosque's owner knew nothing of the contributor's true identity, I think he should be given the chance to do the right thing and either return the money or turn it over along with any information of the contributor's identity and funding network over to the proper authorities. If, however, it is proven that the Mosque's owner/builder had a long standing relationship w/the financier and said individual or entity is a supporter of terrorist, then by all means you raid the place and shut the Mosque down. But you atleast have to give the owner the benefit of the doubt first and trust that he will uphold the law and that his intension of building the Mosque is as he says it is. Until intelligence gathering proves otherwise...
    Last edited by Objective Voice; 08-15-10 at 07:20 PM.

  4. #464
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post


    It's called hyperbole.
    So - the thread you started saying Muslim is not a religion was hyperbolic?

  5. #465
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    So - the thread you started saying Muslim is not a religion was hyperbolic?
    I started a thread stating that Mohammad never existed, in that thread I stated that Jesus and Buddha likewise never existed, given the lack of archaelogical evidence, written accounts from unbiased primary sources, etc I have to come to the conclusion that they are most likely mythical rather than historical figures along the lines of Achilles and King Arthur. So no I was not being hyperbolic in that thread.

  6. #466
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,763

    Re: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    Maybe that's because when we look carefully you're writing an awful lot to say absolutely nothing.

    Your premises are not true, your argumentations are invalid, and your conclusions are unsound.
    I was merely giving my perspective, right or wrong, as to why radical Islam may have such distain for America and our foreign policies. But if you can provide a better, more reasonable rationale as to why they hate us so much other than they're just a bunch of crazy Muslim fanatics, by all means present your assessment here.

    And for the record, for someone who you claim is saying "absolutely nothing" and whose "conclusions are unsound", you sure are following my post very closely.

    Just saying...
    Last edited by Objective Voice; 08-15-10 at 07:45 PM.

  7. #467
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    I was merely giving my perspective, right or wrong, as to why radical Islam may have such distain for America and our foreign policies. But if you can provide a better, more reasonable rationale as to why they hate us so much, by all means present your assessment here.
    Because radical Islamists along the Qutbist line believe in a thing called Jahiliyyah (ignorance of divine guidance), and that the decadence of the west is turning the world (including Muslims) away from the divinely inspired path as transcribed from god herself through the archangel Gabriel through the mythical figure of Mohammad to his supposed disciples, and that the only way to combat this Jahiliyyah is to to destroy all un-Islamic world governments through any means (including offensive Jihad) and to replace them with theocratic systems of governance based on how they believe the societies of the first few generations of Muslims functioned after the death of Mohammad. Or in other words they hate us for our freedoms.

    And for the record, for someone who you claim is saying "absolutely nothing" and whose "conclusions are unsound", you sure are following my post very closely.
    That's because you responded to one of my posts and actually defended this assholes claim that the U.S. was partially responsible for 9-11, so I had to smack down your pathetic line of what I guess in your mind passes for argumentation.
    Last edited by Agent Ferris; 08-15-10 at 07:49 PM.

  8. #468
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,763

    Re: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    Because radical Islamists along the Qutbist line believe in a thing called Jahiliyyah (ignorance of divine guidance), and that the decadence of the west is turning the world (including Muslims) away from the divinely inspired path as transcribed from god herself through the archangel Gabriel through the mythical figure of Mohammad to his supposed disciples, and that the only way to combat this Jahiliyyah is to to destroy all un-Islamic world governments through any means (including offensive Jihad) and to replace them with theocratic systems of governance based on how they believe the societies of the first few generations of Muslims functioned after the death of Mohammad. Or in other words they hate us for our freedoms.
    Thank you! You just proved why it's so important for the President to support the right for this Mosque to be built.

  9. #469
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Thank you! You just proved why it's so important for the President to support the right for this Mosque to be built.
    He can support the right to build it while simultaneously condemning the action of building it but the boy king like always doesn't even address the actual issue at hand which is not whether they should be allowed to build it but rather if they should build it.
    Last edited by Agent Ferris; 08-15-10 at 07:53 PM.

  10. #470
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    He can support the right to build it while simultaneously condemning the action of building it
    No, he really can't, because it's a local hot issue and he doesn't want to add any fuel to the fire. The specifics are not for him to comment on. Judging by how long he held off on saying anything, he knows this needs to be handled and dealt with on the local level.

Page 47 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •