Page 35 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 1032

Thread: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

  1. #341
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    Why is this an issue?
    ask 50% of new york dems (see marist link above)

  2. #342
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by joergan View Post
    Obama is not the mayor of NYC, nor is he the Governor. It is not his place to give an opinion on a VERY combustible local issue. Perhaps he should be next issuing proclamations on how the subway should be run? You are in agreement with his comment, so it is obvious why you are so willing to tolerate his interference in the management of a local issue...
    There are national, first amendment issues. He addressed them and made it a point to point out that it still had to follow local laws. So basically, your whole argument is entirely without any merit.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #343
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by joergan View Post
    Anne Coulter is not a priest, nor does she claim to be an expert on Christianity, nor does she present herself as speaking on behalf of christianity; if asked she would probably claim she is speaking on behalf on the Western democracies than as a religious figure.
    ms coulter is a fierce individualist, the ms coulter i've come to know would say she speaks for herself and no other, i believe

    that said, i appreciate your deep thoughtfulness as demonstrated on this thread, please continue

  4. #344
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So basically, your whole argument is entirely without any merit.
    no one is in any better position than anyone else to declare which arguments do and do not contain merit

    members should be allowed to judge for themselves

    hello

  5. #345
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

    bottom line: if you want to improve relations with your neighbors, you probably shouldn't go about royally pissing em off

    by a plurality of TWENTY SEVEN %

    because to do so would rather defeat your purpose

    ie, it would be really stupid
    Last edited by The Prof; 08-15-10 at 12:23 PM.

  6. #346
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,671

    Re: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    bottom line: if you want to improve relations with your neighbors, you probably shouldn't go about royally pissing em off

    by a plurality of TWENTY SEVEN %

    LOL!
    I have long said that "If you go carrying pictures of Chairman Mao, you ain't gonna make it with anyone, anyhow." I think the GOP and the modern day version of conservatism could learn from your post Prof. It really matters not what thier message might be when they send the offensive assholes (Beck, Limbaugh, O'reilly, Hannity, partisan hack blogsters, etc..) to deliver it.

    But I agree with your post 100%.
    Last edited by Captain America; 08-15-10 at 12:27 PM.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  7. #347
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    bottom line: if you want to improve relations with your neighbors, you probably shouldn't go about royally pissing em off

    by a plurality of TWENTY SEVEN %

    because to do so would rather defeat your purpose

    ie, it would be really stupid
    Hint: New York is not our neighbors, they are us.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #348
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

    absolutely, and they are pissed at the president's position by a plurality of TWENTY SEVEN PERCENT (these kinda numbers do not occur regularly in american politics which, on major issues, is characteristically far more centrist)

    your argument, obviously the product of years of thought, holds great merit!

    LOL!

  9. #349
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,671

    Re: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

    I read this post while surfing the internet. What do you guys make of this? (Other than the guy doesn't use spell check.)

    ""Allah is our objective.



    The Prophet is our leader.



    The Koran is our law.



    Jihad is our way.



    Dying in the way of Allah is our HIGHEST Hope.



    Allahu-Akbar! Allahu-Akbar!"



    This is the code of the Muslim Brotherhood, to which many of those present at the dinner where Obama announced his support for the Mosque being built in Manhattan belong. The mosque is part of dawa, "which happens to be the Islamists' primary method of undermining Western values and American constitutional society". (Andrew C. McCarthy The Grand Jihad: How Islam and the Left Sabotage America) The coinstitution is not a suicide pact."
    Last edited by Captain America; 08-15-10 at 12:44 PM.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  10. #350
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Yeah, I see where it's different from Christianity....
    Explain yourself Redress.

    the very high percentage of muslims who accept and extol terrorism and violence as a means to accomplish political goals

    Where is the evidence that supports this is true with a high percentage of Christians?

    the very high percentage of Christians who seek to subjugate the world under Christianity

    Again, your evidence please.

    the unwillingness of Christians to separate the religious elements of it from the practice of the political

    Evidence please

    the unwillingness of Christians to modernize or reform islam so as to suppress the violent components of their texts from being applied in modern times

    Evidence please

    the consistent intolerance and oppression of non-Christian minorities inside Christian -majority nations, while demanding their "rights" while living in non-Christian majority nations

    Again, evidence please.


    You cannot simply substitute Christianity for Islam and pretend you don't have to explain why. Please do so.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

Page 35 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •