Page 102 of 104 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104 LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1032

Thread: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

  1. #1011
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque


    Hmmm....And it only took them 8 years to come up with it.....good show.....Proves nothing.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #1012
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,287
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Hmmm....And it only took them 8 years to come up with it.....good show.....Proves nothing.


    j-mac
    In a Joint Statement by American Muslim Alliance, American Muslim Council, Association of Muslim Scientists and Engineers, Association of Muslim Social Scientists, Council on American-Islamic Relations, Islamic Medical Association of North America, Islamic Circle of North America, Islamic Society of North America, Ministry of Imam W. Deen Mohammed, Muslim American Society and Muslim Public Affairs Council, stated:[5]

    American Muslims utterly condemn the vicious and cowardly acts of terrorism against innocent civilians. We join with all Americans in calling for the swift apprehension and punishment of the perpetrators. No political cause could ever be assisted by such immoral acts.
    Reactions to the attacks in the Muslim world were mixed. Most Muslim political and religious leaders condemned the attacks. The leaders vehemently denouncing the attacks included the Presidents of Egypt, Jordan, the Palestinian Authority, Libya, Syria, Iran and Pakistan.

    Renowned Muslim scholar Yusuf al-Qaradawi denounced the attacks and the killings of hundreds of civilians as a "heinous crime" and urged Muslims to donate blood to the victims. He did however criticise the United States' "biased policy towards Israel"
    Huge crowds attended candlelit vigils in Iran, and 60,000 spectators observed a minute's silence at Tehran football stadium.

    Why do you keep ignoring this J-Mac? This was just after 9/11.

  3. #1013
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Why do you keep ignoring this J-Mac? This was just after 9/11.

    I am ignoring that because anything that touts as one of its voices an un indicted co conspirator in the holy land foundation trials as a credible voice is promoting lies.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #1014
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,287
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I am ignoring that because anything that touts as one of its voices an un indicted co conspirator in the holy land foundation trials as a credible voice is promoting lies.


    j-mac
    How does this statement remotely make sense.

    So what you're saying is. You're quite happy to make an assumption about 1.2 billion people based on the actions of it's worse, and minority segments, but when evidence is presented of it's good side, that stood with you in their hearts on 9/11 (btw Muslim Americans died on 9/11 to, or does it matter to you that they were muslims? and not Americans?) you still refuse to aknowledge that.

    Just come out and say that you hate all muslims and we can move on. But you're ignoring clear evidence that muslims did speak out against 9/11. It's willful ignorance and it has no place in civilized debate.

    The vast majority of casualties of Islamic terrorism, are muslims themselves. Hate to break it to you. So it's impossible that they all support it.

  5. #1015
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    So what you're saying is. You're quite happy to make an assumption about 1.2 billion people based on the actions of it's worse, and minority segments, but when evidence is presented of it's good side, that stood with you in their hearts on 9/11 (btw Muslim Americans died on 9/11 to, or does it matter to you that they were muslims? and not Americans?) you still refuse to aknowledge that.
    No, I refuse to acknowledge false proclamations from liars. CAIR is duplicitous in their words, and deeds, and have a track record of saying one thing, and doing another.

    I know that Muslim Americans dies on 9/11, I like how on the one hand you chastise me for looking at the problem as a generalization, yet because Muslims were killed on 9/11 you want me to take at face value that ALL muslims are peaceful and loving members of civil action.

    The grand majority of Muslims across the world did hold vigils in support of us on 9/11, but you have to realize the scope of Islam. 1.2 Billion. Now I have seen estimates that upwards of 10% are radicalized, even here in the US, (See Red House VA.) that would be 120 million radicals spread out across the world. Or if you wish, equal to a third of the population of the United States. That is a damned lot of people!

    Just come out and say that you hate all muslims and we can move on. But you're ignoring clear evidence that muslims did speak out against 9/11. It's willful ignorance and it has no place in civilized debate.
    I don't hate all Muslims, that would just be plain silly. But since we are throwing out silly accusations here, why don't you just come out and say that you hate America for what you perceive as wrongs done throughout our history, and that you think, like Imam Rauf, that we are an accomplice to 9/11. That you think we somehow deserved what happened on that day, and that you are willing to dimmi yourself in the hopes that that 10% of radicals will leave us alone.


    The vast majority of casualties of Islamic terrorism, are muslims themselves. Hate to break it to you. So it's impossible that they all support it.
    I am certainly no scholar of Islam, but waring between sects has been a centuries problem. I guess you get that when a religious following starts out with kill all who don't believe like I do. In any case my concern is focused on what their intent is with us, not each other.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #1016
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,287
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No, I refuse to acknowledge false proclamations from liars. CAIR is duplicitous in their words, and deeds, and have a track record of saying one thing, and doing another.
    Glad to see evidence matters not to you.

    I know that Muslim Americans dies on 9/11, I like how on the one hand you chastise me for looking at the problem as a generalization, yet because Muslims were killed on 9/11 you want me to take at face value that ALL muslims are peaceful and loving members of civil action.
    And you're saying that the actions of a few, that you take as face value that ALL muslims are barbaric terrorists in training.

    The grand majority of Muslims across the world did hold vigils in support of us on 9/11, but you have to realize the scope of Islam. 1.2 Billion. Now I have seen estimates that upwards of 10% are radicalized, even here in the US, (See Red House VA.) that would be 120 million radicals spread out across the world. Or if you wish, equal to a third of the population of the United States. That is a damned lot of people!
    Honestly, your definition of radical is probably so wide it encompasses half the US (or anyone Obama nominates ) You've overused the word radical at almost every turn since the great elections debates on Whistlestopper 2 years ago.

    Care to show me proof of that number btw?

    I don't hate all Muslims, that would just be plain silly.
    You know what else is silly? Judging them by the actions of a few.

    But since we are throwing out silly accusations here, why don't you just come out and say that you hate America
    Why would I say that? I love American Football, Baseball, Vegas, Disneyland etc.

    For what you perceive as wrongs done throughout our history
    You know I hate to break it to you. But if you think America has NEVER done anything wrong, you're wrong. I see some parts of America wanna just forget about some of the things that are part of your countries history, such as slavery or Mcarthyism.

    As A South African, I accept the bad and good facets of my history, they are all part of me, and I simply cannot escape that. It's what we choose to do with that history, do we learn from it or not?

    and that you think, like Imam Rauf, that we are an accomplice to 9/11. That you think we somehow deserved what happened on that day, and that you are willing to dimmi yourself in the hopes that that 10% of radicals will leave us alone.
    So defending the guys private property rights makes me all that? Excellent

    I am certainly no scholar of Islam, but waring between sects has been a centuries problem. I guess you get that when a religious following starts out with kill all who don't believe like I do. In any case my concern is focused on what their intent is with us, not each other.

    j-mac
    You know I AM a particular scholar of humanity. And if you're such a peaceful, good, civilized christian society...

    What's with all the wars, bombings, illegal wire-tappings, illegal search and seizures, torture and extra-ordinary rendition...

    Do you actually understand that your country has killed and imprisoned more innocent people since 9/11, then died on 9/11? and no, i'm not implying you're like the terrorists, just something to think about.

    You have locked up citizens of my countries with little or no evidence FOR YEARS. Some have been released, some have not. But they have the right to have their case heard by a jury and evidence presented.
    Last edited by Jetboogieman; 08-18-10 at 11:14 AM.

  7. #1017
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    He said that he wants a Sharia compliant U.S. he supports Sharia law in the U.S., or in his words he does not want our secular laws to conflict with the Koran and the Hadiths. His only complaint is the penal code not Sharia law itself.



    Wanting secular laws not to conflict with the bible is the very definition of a radical Christian. This man is a theocrat not a liberal, he wants Sharia which means he wants to outlaw homosexuality, he wants to outlaw apostasy, he wants premarital sex outlawed, he wants adultery outlawed, he wants discriminatory inheritance laws regarding women, and he wants everything else that Sharia law would entail. His problem with Sharia is not the law but the penal code.



    No they are not you are lying, Glenn Beck never said that the U.S. was an accessory to 9-11, Glenn Beck never called for Sharia, Glenn Beck didn't say that OBL was made in the USA,



    I'm not misrepresenting a ****ing thing, he said and refused to say everything that I have claimed to the letter.



    I'm not misrepresenting anything, he has blamed the U.S. for 9-11, said that OBL was made in the USA, both within less than 3 weeks of the attacks, has refused to condemn Hamas as a terrorist organization, and wants a Sharia compliant U.S., I have provided his direct quotes to attest to these facts, any assertion to the contrary is a proven lie.
    No, you misread him completely. I don't know how to get this across to you as reading it directly doesn't show you your error. All he is doing is suggesting we not fear muslims and is not calling on any additions to US law at all. You simply have it completely wrong.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #1018
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    This is it? This is your big misrepresentation, your chance to once and for all put Am Thinker in its place? The best you can come up with is to bash Christianity and call the premise wrong, and never truly address how?


    FAIL!


    Don't ever again come to me with how the AT is so wrong that you won't even address it, you have shown you have nothing here other than an ideological bent that won't allow you to debate honestly.


    j-mac
    J, you have to start from the beginning and get that down before you can move on. The error bigins with the entire premise of the article. It takes the same type of radical law that Christians have used fro time to time and makes the same generalization with muslims. As no one is calling for any change in law, hence no reason for you to fear anything, the premise is flawed from the start. Until you realize that, we ca't move on. And you will continue to buy into false stereotying and be a tool for magazns like the American (non)Thinker, doing exactly what you accuse Jetboggieman of doing.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #1019
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Glad to see evidence matters not to you.
    That is crap and you know it. You throw out one thing that has at least two different organizations named by Feds in plots to fund terror groups, and you want me to take that seriously? Come on man.


    And you're saying that the actions of a few, that you take as face value that ALL muslims are barbaric terrorists in training.

    Where'd I say that....Show me, or sit down!

    Honestly, your definition of radical is probably so wide it encompasses half the US (or anyone Obama nominates ) You've overused the word radical at almost every turn since the great elections debates on Whistlestopper 2 years ago.
    This isn't about the smack down you received at Whistlestopper, they are dead and gone, where they belong. This is the here and now, and let's try if you can to not make this personal shall we?

    As A South African, I accept the bad and good facets of my history, they are all part of me, and I simply cannot escape that. It's what we choose to do with that history, do we learn from it or not?
    yep, that's right, and I choose not to lay prostrate for my Islamic masters. Maybe you have a different approach, that is fine for you. Good luck with that.

    So defending the guys private property rights makes me all that? Excellent
    No, and give up the strawman will you?

    You know I AM a particular scholar of humanity. And if you're such a peaceful, good, civilized christian society...

    What's with all the wars, bombings, illegal wire-tappings, illegal search and seizures, torture and extra-ordinary rendition...

    Do you actually understand that your country has killed and imprisoned more innocent people since 9/11, then died on 9/11? and no, i'm not implying you're like the terrorists, just something to think about.

    You have locked up citizens of my countries with little or no evidence FOR YEARS. Some have been released, some have not. But they have the right to have their case heard by a jury and evidence presented.

    And there it is....Look if we want to have this tired very old argument, open a thread in the opinion section and we can, yet again. I am sure there is some Code Pink materiel you can dig up to say nuh uh!

    Until then stick to facts:

    The Council on American-Islamic Relations, which brands itself as a mainstream promoter of civil rights, has been named with two other prominent U.S. Islamic groups as an "unindicted co-conspirator" in a plot to fund the terrorist group Hamas.

    Federal prosecutors also cited the Islamic Society of North America and the North American Islamic Trust as participants in a plot with five officials of the defunct Holy Land Foundation for Relief and Development, who go on trial July 16 in Dallas, the New York Sun reported.

    Feds name CAIR in plot to fund Hamas

    so I don't give a holy crap what they have to say, they are liars.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #1020
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: President Obama comes out in support of Ground Zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    J, you have to start from the beginning and get that down before you can move on. The error bigins with the entire premise of the article. It takes the same type of radical law that Christians have used fro time to time and makes the same generalization with muslims. As no one is calling for any change in law, hence no reason for you to fear anything, the premise is flawed from the start. Until you realize that, we ca't move on. And you will continue to buy into false stereotying and be a tool for magazns like the American (non)Thinker, doing exactly what you accuse Jetboggieman of doing.

    That's so full of crap Joe....Face it you can't refute what was posted in American Thinker, and it pisses you off, so you have to lash out at Christianity....That's it, you're done, stick a fork in your argument, you lose this round.




    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •