Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 129

Thread: US Muslims prep for Islamic holiday around 9/11

  1. #81
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: US Muslims prep for Islamic holiday around 9/11

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWOlin View Post
    damn apdst you should start a fort in Waco or something...
    Why don't you actually address his points rather than engage in ad hominim attacks...
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  2. #82
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: US Muslims prep for Islamic holiday around 9/11

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Source for this? A lot of Muslims celebrated the attacks and many still honor those who committed the atrocities.
    I've got a better question -- what's your source describing how many "a lot" is when you're talking about 1.5 billion people?

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    There is a reason it wouldn't turn a head. None of those who were involved in the attack on 9/11 were Christians.
    So what, if there were Christians involved suddenly we're going to get pissy about where someone wants to build a Church?

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Not that I am condeming the building of the mosque, but there are real questions about some of the people involved with it.
    The loudest questions I've heard asked about some of the people involved with it essentially boil down to why they didn't do this or that -- why don't they tell us where the money's coming from, why don't they say bad things about those terrorist scum, and so on.

    The answer to those questions essentially boils down to the fact that they don't HAVE to do this or that, and we have no legal (or moral) right to demand that they do.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Terrorists who attacked in the name of Allah. And Hitler was anti-Christian.
    Could everybody just stop talking about frigging Hitler?

    He was full of apparent contradictions and mental instability. Citing Hitler is a lot like citing the Bible.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  3. #83
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: US Muslims prep for Islamic holiday around 9/11

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    I've got a better question -- what's your source describing how many "a lot" is when you're talking about 1.5 billion people?
    I am not the one who made the claim that a majority of Muslims criticized the attacks. Hard to prove that one. Have you seen large numbers of Muslims on TV celebrate those attacks? I have also heard Muslims in rather moderate Islamic countries (particularly Indonesia and Malaysia) where people openly defend terrorists and their actions against the Western World.

    So what, if there were Christians involved suddenly we're going to get pissy about where someone wants to build a Church?
    I am not the one who brought it up. There is no reason to be concerned if any Christian denomination would like to build a Church there. How many Christians were involved in 9/11? How many Christians openly celebrated at its occurance?

    The loudest questions I've heard asked about some of the people involved with it essentially boil down to why they didn't do this or that -- why don't they tell us where the money's coming from, why don't they say bad things about those terrorist scum, and so on.
    I believe there are also questions regarding words that were uttered by the imam regarding the responsibility for 9/11. Something I herd on TV (CNN) and have no link for at this time.

    The answer to those questions essentially boils down to the fact that they don't HAVE to do this or that, and we have no legal (or moral) right to demand that they do.
    Never said that they did. However, perhaps they have a moral responsibility given the tense climate to clear the air of the concerns that others have. Even other Muslims are critical of this idea of putting this center so close to Ground Zero.

    I am not saying I am against it. I quite admittedly have very mixed feelings about it. My feelings would perhaps become less mixed if the group putting this together were more open about themselves and their funding sources.


    Could everybody just stop talking about frigging Hitler?

    He was full of apparent contradictions and mental instability. Citing Hitler is a lot like citing the Bible.
    Again, I didn't bring him up...
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  4. #84
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: US Muslims prep for Islamic holiday around 9/11

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    I am not the one who made the claim that a majority of Muslims criticized the attacks.
    Nope, but you made a claim of your own that I'd like to see you prove. You also need to define what "a lot" of a population of 1.5 billion people is.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Have you seen large numbers of Muslims on TV celebrate those attacks? I have also heard Muslims in rather moderate Islamic countries (particularly Indonesia and Malaysia) where people openly defend terrorists and their actions against the Western World.
    Well, then, it should be easy for you to prove your claim. I await your evidence.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    I am not the one who brought it up. There is no reason to be concerned if any Christian denomination would like to build a Church there. How many Christians were involved in 9/11? How many Christians openly celebrated at its occurance?
    I don't give a damn who brought it up. You implied that a church at that location wouldn't stir anything up since no Christians were involved. I'm asking you if that would be different if there were Christians involved.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    I believe there are also questions regarding words that were uttered by the imam regarding the responsibility for 9/11. Something I herd on TV (CNN) and have no link for at this time.
    Okay, so what?

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Never said that they did. However, perhaps they have a moral responsibility given the tense climate to clear the air of the concerns that others have. Even other Muslims are critical of this idea of putting this center so close to Ground Zero.
    I disagree that they have a moral responsibility. If anybody has a responsibility here, it's the people getting all pissy about it who have a responsibility to act like rational adults.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    I am not saying I am against it. I quite admittedly have very mixed feelings about it. My feelings would perhaps become less mixed if the group putting this together were more open about themselves and their funding sources.
    Well, that's great and all, but I don't think they have any responsibility whatsoever to disclose that information. Furthermore, I think they'd be entirely within their rights to tell anybody who asked to **** off.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Again, I didn't bring him up...
    No, but you continued the silliness, which would be why I quoted you but said everybody.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  5. #85
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,243

    Re: US Muslims prep for Islamic holiday around 9/11

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Like I said, facts as YOU regurgitate them. I am sure there were Muslims working for Hitler, and there were Christians working for him too. So what? Oh, that's right, you will only point out the Muslims who worked for Hitler, in order to argue your fallacy.
    Muslim SS troops were responsible for one-third of the Holocaust deaths and they did it as part of their jihad. No big deal, huh?

    I bet you think that the Crusades were a buncha bigotted racists that simply wanted to kill Muslims and steal their ****, too; that it couldn't anything to do with the Muslim invasions of Spain and eastern Europe.

    The Muslims have been converting people by the sword since day one. It's what they're about and they still haven't grown out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #86
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: US Muslims prep for Islamic holiday around 9/11

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Muslim SS troops were responsible for one-third of the Holocaust deaths and they did it as part of their jihad. No big deal, huh?
    Wait, what?
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  7. #87
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,272
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: US Muslims prep for Islamic holiday around 9/11

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Muslim SS troops were responsible for one-third of the Holocaust deaths and they did it as part of their jihad. No big deal, huh?
    That's a pretty big number, wanna prove that?

    The Muslims have been converting people by the sword since day one. It's what they're about and they still haven't grown out of it.
    But then I have to ask, if every Muslim is as radical as you say... where are the legions of muslims invading Europe with guns and machetes, where are the armies of Allah trying to break down the doors of congress and execute our leaders and convert us all?

  8. #88
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,272
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: US Muslims prep for Islamic holiday around 9/11

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    Wait, what?
    Was thinking the same thing

  9. #89
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: US Muslims prep for Islamic holiday around 9/11

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Was thinking the same thing
    I'd be especially interested to see how the Nazi holocaust fits into the sekret muslim master plan, given that around 100k muslims were killed in the holocaust.

    Although, it was the perfect cover....
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  10. #90
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,243

    Re: US Muslims prep for Islamic holiday around 9/11

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    That's a pretty big number, wanna prove that?



    But then I have to ask, if every Muslim is as radical as you say... where are the legions of muslims invading Europe with guns and machetes, where are the armies of Allah trying to break down the doors of congress and execute our leaders and convert us all?
    It's not my job to educate you. You calim that I'm stupid, anyway, so do your own research. You'll find out that Muslims operated the third largest death camp of the war. Since you're so much smarter than me, you shoudl already know these facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •