Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 129

Thread: US Muslims prep for Islamic holiday — around 9/11

  1. #71
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    40,001

    Re: US Muslims prep for Islamic holiday — around 9/11

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I agree with Hautey's thoughts on this. At the same time I wonder how much its the fault of Muslims and how much its the fault of the Media. There's actually seemingly a number of muslim moderates that have spoken out against the Mosque at Ground Zero, spoken out strongely against terrorists, spoken out against the treatment of women, etc....however, those never are the focus or the front story. Why that might be I'm sure will create differing opinions on differing sides as to the cause...
    The mosque at ground zero is much ado about nothing too.

    1) The vast majority of Muslims in the World, and especially here in the US, condemn the 911 attacks.

    2) A Christian church at ground zero wouldn't turn a single head, let alone earn the outrage that I am seeing from some over here.

    3) In condemning the building of a mosque there, you are essentially telling them that they are one with the terrorists.

    5) It was terrorists who attacked the US, not Muslims, any more than it was Christians who toasted millions of Jews during WWII, just because Adolf Hitler professed to be a Christian.
    Last edited by danarhea; 08-14-10 at 08:31 PM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  2. #72
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    77,989

    Re: US Muslims prep for Islamic holiday — around 9/11

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    The mosque at ground zero is much ado about nothing too.

    1) The vast majority of Muslims in the World, and especially here in the US, condemn the 911 attacks.

    2) A Christian church at ground zero wouldn't turn a single head, let alone earn the outrage that I am seeing from some over here.

    3) In condemning the building of a mosque there, you are essentially telling them that they are one with the terrorists.

    5) It was terrorists who attacked the US, not Muslims, any more than it was Christians who toasted millions of Jews during WWII, just because Adolf Hitler professed to be a Christian.
    How about a Serbian Orthodox Church in Srebrenica? I bet we'd see some outrage over that.

    5) It was terrorists who attacked the US, not Muslims, any more than it was Christians who toasted millions of Jews during WWII, just because Adolf Hitler professed to be a Christian.
    It was Muslim terrorists, killing people in accordance with their religious beliefs. Hitler, at no time, ever used Christianity--or any other religion--as an excuse for the Holocaust. Hitler wasn't trying to spreac Christianity. However, the Muslims are trying to spread Islam and doing so by force, as they have done for the past 1,400 years.

    BTW, it was Muslims of the SS Handshar Division, who killed nearly a 2 million Serbs, Jews, Yugoslavians and Romas, during WW2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #73
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    40,001

    Re: US Muslims prep for Islamic holiday — around 9/11

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    How about a Serbian Orthodox Church in Srebrenica? I bet we'd see some outrage over that.



    It was Muslim terrorists, killing people in accordance with their religious beliefs. Hitler, at no time, ever used Christianity--or any other religion--as an excuse for the Holocaust. Hitler wasn't trying to spreac Christianity. However, the Muslims are trying to spread Islam and doing so by force, as they have done for the past 1,400 years.

    BTW, it was Muslims of the SS Handshar Division, who killed nearly a 2 million Serbs, Jews, Yugoslavians and Romas, during WW2.
    I would say that there is a congregaton of Muslims in New York, soon to occupy that mosque, who would tell you that you are full of baloney.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  4. #74
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    77,989

    Re: US Muslims prep for Islamic holiday — around 9/11

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    I would say that there is a congregaton of Muslims in New York, soon to occupy that mosque, who would tell you that you are full of baloney.
    Of course they would, but the facts tell a different story; one that is far more believable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #75
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    40,001

    Re: US Muslims prep for Islamic holiday — around 9/11

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Of course they would, but the facts tell a different story; one that is far more believable.
    You mean the facts are YOU regurgitate them? Many millions have been killed in the name of Christianity too, but that does not make the majority of Christians bad either. You say that Muslims want to conquor the whole world? You mean like the song "Onward Christian Soldiers", Manfest Destiny, lynchings in the Old South, and other atrocities? Yea, we have had our share of them too, but most Christians are decent people, just as most Muslims are. And I know many of both religions, who I am proud to call "friend".
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  6. #76
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    77,989

    Re: US Muslims prep for Islamic holiday — around 9/11

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    You mean the facts are YOU regurgitate them? Many millions have been killed in the name of Christianity too, but that does not make the majority of Christians bad either. You say that Muslims want to conquor the whole world? You mean like the song "Onward Christian Soldiers", Manfest Destiny, lynchings in the Old South, and other atrocities? Yea, we have had our share of them too, but most Christians are decent people, just as most Muslims are. And I know many of both religions, who I am proud to call "friend".
    Are you calling me a liar? There weren't any Muslims doing the Nazis work for them during WW2?

    Yer funny, dude.

    Manfest Destiny, lynchings in the Old South, and other atrocities? Yea, we have had our share of them too, but most Christians are decent people, just as most Muslims are. And I know many of both religions, who I am proud to call "friend".
    Yeah, and Christians have been pointing out those mistakes for decades and have been working damn hard to prevent them ever happening again.

    Sadly, the same can't be said for the Muslims.

    You didn't even know that there were Muslim units operating with the Shutzstaffel. You've been tricked by revisionist historians and now it's coming back to bite you in the ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #77
    Guru
    JohnWOlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,594

    Re: US Muslims prep for Islamic holiday — around 9/11

    damn apdst you should start a fort in Waco or something...
    "We’re going to close the unproductive tax loopholes that allow some of the truly wealthy to avoid paying their fair share. In theory, some of those loopholes were understandable, but in practice they sometimes made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing, while a bus driver was paying ten percent of his salary, and that’s crazy." -Reagan

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    12-21-17 @ 04:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,216

    Re: US Muslims prep for Islamic holiday — around 9/11

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It was Muslim terrorists, killing people in accordance with their religious beliefs. Hitler, at no time, ever used Christianity--or any other religion--as an excuse for the Holocaust. Hitler wasn't trying to spreac Christianity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Hitler
    Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Hitler
    "My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison. To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice... And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Hitler
    Thus, Protestantism will always stand up for the advancement of all Germans as such, as long as matters of inner purity or national deepening as well as German freedom are involved, since all these things have a firm foundation in its own being; but it combats with the greatest hostility any attempt to rescue the nation from the embrace of its most mortal enemy, since its attitude toward the Jews just happens to be more or less dogmatically established.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Hitler
    Verily a man cannot serve two masters. And I consider the foundation or destruction of a religion far greater than the foundation or destruction of a state, let alone a party.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Hitler
    Certainly we don't have to discuss these matters with the Jews, the most modern inventors of this cultural perfume. Their whole existence is an embodied protest against the aesthetics of the Lord's image.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Hitler
    The best characterization is provided by the product of this religious education, the Jew himself. His life is only of this world, and his spirit is inwardly as alien to true Christianity as his nature two thousand years previous was to the great founder of the new doctrine. Of course, the latter made no secret of his attitude toward the Jewish people, and when necessary he even took the whip to drive from the temple of the Lord this adversary of all humanity, who then as always saw in religion nothing but an instrument for his business existence. In return, Christ was nailed to the cross, while our present-day party Christians debase themselves to begging for Jewish votes at elections and later try to arrange political swindles with atheistic Jewish parties-- and this against their own nation.
    You are clearly wrong.

  9. #79
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    40,001

    Re: US Muslims prep for Islamic holiday — around 9/11

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Are you calling me a liar? There weren't any Muslims doing the Nazis work for them during WW2?

    Yer funny, dude.



    Yeah, and Christians have been pointing out those mistakes for decades and have been working damn hard to prevent them ever happening again.

    Sadly, the same can't be said for the Muslims.

    You didn't even know that there were Muslim units operating with the Shutzstaffel. You've been tricked by revisionist historians and now it's coming back to bite you in the ass.
    Like I said, facts as YOU regurgitate them. I am sure there were Muslims working for Hitler, and there were Christians working for him too. So what? Oh, that's right, you will only point out the Muslims who worked for Hitler, in order to argue your fallacy.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  10. #80
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: US Muslims prep for Islamic holiday — around 9/11

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    The mosque at ground zero is much ado about nothing too.

    1) The vast majority of Muslims in the World, and especially here in the US, condemn the 911 attacks.
    Source for this? A lot of Muslims celebrated the attacks and many still honor those who committed the atrocities.

    2) A Christian church at ground zero wouldn't turn a single head, let alone earn the outrage that I am seeing from some over here.
    There is a reason it wouldn't turn a head. None of those who were involved in the attack on 9/11 were Christians.

    3) In condemning the building of a mosque there, you are essentially telling them that they are one with the terrorists.
    Not that I am condeming the building of the mosque, but there are real questions about some of the people involved with it.

    5) It was terrorists who attacked the US, not Muslims, any more than it was Christians who toasted millions of Jews during WWII, just because Adolf Hitler professed to be a Christian.
    Terrorists who attacked in the name of Allah. And Hitler was anti-Christian.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •