Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 39

Thread: Judge doubts gay marriage ban's backers can appeal

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Judge doubts gay marriage ban's backers can appeal

    It appears the unbiased gay judge is again showing how he is unbiased.

  2. #22
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,807

    Re: Judge doubts gay marriage ban's backers can appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    It appears the unbiased gay judge is again showing how he is unbiased.
    You just think he is biased because he doesn't agree with you. He has proven himself many times to be impartial. You're just another "activist judge = someone I disagree with" conservative.

    edit: in fact, anyone who thinks this judge should have recused himself is invalidating their own case and doesn't realize it
    Last edited by Deuce; 08-13-10 at 09:04 PM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  3. #23
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Judge doubts gay marriage ban's backers can appeal

    FWIW, it's less that I actually know what the hell I'm talking about and more that I just came across a couple articles about it:

    Dorf on Law: Ballot Initiative Sponsor Standing

    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Judge doubts gay marriage ban's backers can appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    You just think he is biased because he doesn't agree with you. He has proven himself many times to be impartial. You're just another "activist judge = someone I disagree with" conservative.

    edit: in fact, anyone who thinks this judge should have recused himself is invalidating their own case and doesn't realize it
    Nice try but he has nothing here but an opinion stated to promote gay marriage. He is trying to influence th 9th circuit to deny an appeal

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: Judge doubts gay marriage ban's backers can appeal

    I agree with the judge's original decision, but I also agree that if the other levels of court aren't allowed to weigh in then the ruling will not carry much weight as a precedent for decisions outside CA.

  6. #26
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Judge doubts gay marriage ban's backers can appeal

    The appellate court may not grant a stay but they will certainly grant an appeal.

  7. #27
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Judge doubts gay marriage ban's backers can appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Once again, anything that blows your idea out of the water is a strawman.
    No, it would be when you try and put words in people's mouths.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #28
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,807

    Re: Judge doubts gay marriage ban's backers can appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Nice try but he has nothing here but an opinion stated to promote gay marriage. He is trying to influence th 9th circuit to deny an appeal
    Honestly I don't think you understand what "biased" even means.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #29
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Judge doubts gay marriage ban's backers can appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Nice try but he has nothing here but an opinion stated to promote gay marriage. He is trying to influence th 9th circuit to deny an appeal
    I think it's safe to say that the 9th Circuit doesn't care what he thinks about the standing issue.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  10. #30
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Judge doubts gay marriage ban's backers can appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    I think it's safe to say that the 9th Circuit doesn't care what he thinks about the standing issue.
    So true^^^


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •