Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 113

Thread: Inside the Brutal World of America's Kidnapping Capitol

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Inside the Brutal World of America's Kidnapping Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    But of course I'm a conservative, and in your mind that makes me evil.... right? So I had to be hoping for it, right?…. In a gleeful manner, right?
    Not at all. It was your repeated mentioning of this as a reason why the mosque shouldn't be built.

  2. #12
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Inside the Brutal World of America's Kidnapping Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Not at all. It was your repeated mentioning of this as a reason why the mosque shouldn't be built.
    And for that reason it shouldn't be built, and I'm afraid that is just why it will be.
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

  3. #13
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Inside the Brutal World of America's Kidnapping Capitol

    Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming.
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

  4. #14
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Inside the Brutal World of America's Kidnapping Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenAsparagus View Post
    This is why making it so difficult for poor people to immigrate is a bad idea.
    They're not our people and not our problem. This is why sneaking into foreign countries is a bad idea.

    If anything, this story is proof that our efforts to restrict immigration are necessary.
    Last edited by Korimyr the Rat; 08-12-10 at 06:34 PM.

  5. #15
    Devourer of Poor Children
    DrunkenAsparagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    DC
    Last Seen
    01-20-16 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,496

    Re: Inside the Brutal World of America's Kidnapping Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    You're so right, Asparagus. We should throw our borders open to any and all who want to come, and make sure we pay for their hospital stays and educate their children, as well.

    That will totally solve this problem.

    Of course, it will create a hundred million NEW problems, but what the hey?
    Of course I never actually said that Catz. Nice straw man though. I didn't call for totally open borders, simply fewer bureaucratic and cost related restrictions to immigration.
    "Doubleplusungood"

    George Orwell

  6. #16
    Devourer of Poor Children
    DrunkenAsparagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    DC
    Last Seen
    01-20-16 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,496

    Re: Inside the Brutal World of America's Kidnapping Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    They're not our people and not our problem.
    Yet removing most of criminal underworld will save tax dollars and lower violence. Crackdowns on illegals may help somewhat, but a loosening on immigration restrictions is paramount.

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    This is why sneaking into foreign countries is a bad idea.
    Never said it wasn't.

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    If anything, this story is proof that our efforts to restrict immigration are necessary.
    No, it shows the results of our immigration restrictions. These people can afford a coyote, but they probably can't afford the regular process. Uncle Sam giving poor people like them a visa is unlikely. Do they simply shrug and continue living in poverty? No, they sneak in. This has nothing to do with feeling sorry for them, simply understanding the power of incentives,
    "Doubleplusungood"

    George Orwell

  7. #17
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO 81506
    Last Seen
    05-30-11 @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,236

    Re: Inside the Brutal World of America's Kidnapping Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    You're so right, Asparagus. We should throw our borders open to any and all who want to come, and make sure we pay for their hospital stays and educate their children, as well.
    That would be the civilized thing to do...

    ricksfolly

  8. #18
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Inside the Brutal World of America's Kidnapping Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenAsparagus View Post
    Do they simply shrug and continue living in poverty? No, they sneak in.
    They're making the same fundamental error that you seem to be. The reason we won't give them visas is because we don't want them.

  9. #19
    Devourer of Poor Children
    DrunkenAsparagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    DC
    Last Seen
    01-20-16 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,496

    Re: Inside the Brutal World of America's Kidnapping Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    They're making the same fundamental error that you seem to be. The reason we won't give them visas is because we don't want them.
    I know that. Whether you or anyone else wants them is irrelevant to them. They want to come, and they will. By making it easier to come in legally, at least they have a chance of rising up instead of being a burden on taxpayers.
    "Doubleplusungood"

    George Orwell

  10. #20
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Inside the Brutal World of America's Kidnapping Capitol

    Top 10 reasons immigration visas are denied.

    1. Unlawfully present after previous immigration violations – 100% denial
    2. Drug abuser or addict – 100%
    3. Labor certification – 97%
    4. Smugglers – 92%
    5. Ordered removed upon arrival – 84%
    6. Crime involving moral turpitude (CIMT) – 83%
    7. Misrepresentation – 79%
    8. Unlawfully present 365 days or more (10-year bar) – 46%
    9. Application does not comply with provisions of law or regulations – 34.1%
    10. Public charge – 24%
    Top 10 Reasons Why Immigrants Get Visas Denied « Guru Immigration Law Blog

    Works for me..... let's just open up the border for everyone. No Visas, no rules, come one come all.

    [/sarcasm]
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •