Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 313

Thread: Gregg Gutfeld Says He Plans to Open Gay Bar Next to Mosque

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Gregg Gutfeld Says He Plans to Open Gay Bar Next to Mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    So it isn't a free country. Cities do descriminate on who can put what where.

    We heard so much from the other thread that if they have the money and the property is available they should be able to put a Mosque anywhere they want. Double standard FTW
    Yes, cities do make zoning decisions to group appropriate services and businesses together. Churches are almost always allowed to build almost anywhere, because there is a belief that they are a necessary and vital part of the community whose contributions are extremely positive. As you'll note, there are already several churches in the vicinity of ground zero.

    However, bars and strip clubs are usually limited to specific sections of the community, away from residential areas, Schools, etc., because they are believed to be a more negative and disorderly influence.

    By the way, your reasoning in this thread is pathetic.
    Last edited by Catz Part Deux; 08-11-10 at 04:10 PM.

  2. #22
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Gregg Gutfeld Says He Plans to Open Gay Bar Next to Mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    This:


    does not follow from this:


    Logic FTW!
    That doesn't even make sense. I'll ask it again, how can you claim its a free country and support building the mosque and be against Gutfeld's plan if the property is zoned approperiatly and he wants to put his business next door? Explain yourself.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  3. #23
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Gregg Gutfeld Says He Plans to Open Gay Bar Next to Mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Yes, cities do make zoning decisions to group appropriate services and businesses together. Churches are almost always allowed to build anywhere, but bars and strip clubs are usually limited to specific sections of the community, away from residential areas, schools, etc. As you'll note, there are already several churches in the vicinity of ground zero.

    Pathetic attempt.
    Actually its perfect. You as always do not want to admit the same moral argument is being used for both. Only one gets preferential treatment from people like you.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  4. #24
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,048

    Re: Gregg Gutfeld Says He Plans to Open Gay Bar Next to Mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    haha so its trolling to explore freedom. Got it
    No. It's trolling when you don't understand the comments being made by people so you jump into wave a flag mode. It would take somebody far more connected than a FOX News commentator to get a licquor license and operate next door to a house of worship in any state. That's what my argument was in reference to. When you're ready to discuss my statements, maybe you can come back to your thread?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #25
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Gregg Gutfeld Says He Plans to Open Gay Bar Next to Mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    No. It's trolling when you don't understand the comments being made by people so you jump into wave a flag mode. It would take somebody far more connected than a FOX News commentator to get a licquor license and operate next door to a house of worship in any state. That's what my argument was in reference to. When you're ready to discuss my statements, maybe you can come back to your thread?
    Explain the moral difference between the two. How can one be morally enforced and the other not be?
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Gregg Gutfeld Says He Plans to Open Gay Bar Next to Mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Actually its perfect. You as always do not want to admit the same moral argument is being used for both. Only one gets preferential treatment from people like you.
    What are you talking about? Churches routinely receive preferential zoning in communities around the U.S. because they are viewed in a uniformly positive light. Strip clubs, thanks to our puritanical origins, are viewed as negative influences.

    Your posts are currently attaining unforeseen levels of stupidity.

  7. #27
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Gregg Gutfeld Says He Plans to Open Gay Bar Next to Mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    What are you talking about? Churches routinely receive preferential zoning in communities around the U.S. because they are viewed in a uniformly positive light. Strip clubs, thanks to our puritanical origins, are viewed as negative influences.

    Your posts are currently attaining unforeseen levels of stupidity.
    I know its hard for you to stop and actually think about what you are posting but try again. You are admitting their are moral restrictions limiting what can be put around religious structures but no moral objections can be weighed to where this mosque was built citing free speech. Are you so blind you can't see the massive hypocrisy in your position?


    Answer this basic questions. I'll keep them simple for you.

    Is the zoning where they want to build legal? Yes or No?

    Are they allowed to open a business? Yes or No?

    Dont make me break out the crayons again.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Gregg Gutfeld Says He Plans to Open Gay Bar Next to Mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    You are admitting their are moral restrictions limiting what can be put around religious structures but no moral objections can be weighed to where this mosque was built citing free speech. Are you so blind you can't see the massive hypocrisy in your position?
    That's because the mosque itself is a religious structure, and religious structures are given preferential treatment in zoning. The key issue here is not whether the mosque is treated in the same way that a strip club would be, but that the mosque is treated the same way that any other religious building would be treated. And, it was. The zoning standards for strip clubs and churches are completely different.

    I can't believe your arrogance when you clearly don't even understand the simple concept of zoning laws/ordinances.

  9. #29
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Gregg Gutfeld Says He Plans to Open Gay Bar Next to Mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Considering that Greg Gutfeld is a comedian, I'd say that this isn't a serious attempt at all. Of course, if he is serious he certainly has a right to do so, but it seems like it would be a poor investment. It's probably just a lame excuse to make jokes that are both homophobic and anti-Islamic at the same time, very poor taste.
    Whats poor taste about it?
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  10. #30
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,984

    Re: Gregg Gutfeld Says He Plans to Open Gay Bar Next to Mosque

    I think the act of building a gay bar for Islamic men is spiteful. Bit if the city permits it then I believe they have a right to build there. As others have said, there are zoning issues. However things vary by region. My old church building was right across the street from 3 liquor stores (not bars though). Typically cities have streets for night life venues, whether they be bars, strip clubs, dance clubs, and adult entertainment. You can't just plop a shop like that anywhere. Plus, if the area around the Mosque is zoned residential I doubt they can open the bar.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •