Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 313

Thread: Gregg Gutfeld Says He Plans to Open Gay Bar Next to Mosque

  1. #231
    Guru
    JohnWOlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,594

    Re: Gregg Gutfeld Says He Plans to Open Gay Bar Next to Mosque

    Funny you mention this, because I was thinking the other day, you know we should all go down to Texas and build a few gay bars around some catholic churches. Like peanut butter and jelly wouldn't ya say?
    Last edited by JohnWOlin; 08-12-10 at 11:13 PM.
    "We’re going to close the unproductive tax loopholes that allow some of the truly wealthy to avoid paying their fair share. In theory, some of those loopholes were understandable, but in practice they sometimes made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing, while a bus driver was paying ten percent of his salary, and that’s crazy." -Reagan

  2. #232
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Gregg Gutfeld Says He Plans to Open Gay Bar Next to Mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    How about a sheep farm for the desert sheppards?
    I would never do that to a bunch of poor, innocent sheep.

  3. #233
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Gregg Gutfeld Says He Plans to Open Gay Bar Next to Mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Add to that: hospitals, old folks homes, day cares etc.

    His strawman is that when people argued that these people had every right to build a mosque near 9/11, it was an argument based on the U.S. being a 'free country'. The real argument was that these people had not committed a single crime in obtaining the rights and permits to build a land and prohibiting them from building a mosque through legislation or the feelings of the public would violate their first amendment rights.
    That's fine.

    A gay bar is not a "strip club".

    No reason Gutfeld's plan shouldn't go through. I'm guessing it could be a financial success, too.

  4. #234
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Gregg Gutfeld Says He Plans to Open Gay Bar Next to Mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    It's not a violation of the establishment clause. Why don't you tell us what the Establishment clause actually is? It prohibits the government from giving preferential treatment to - gasp - ONE RELIGION OVER ANOTHER or establishing a national religion.



    Please pick up a history book? There are already a bunch of states which do not allow the creation of bars near churches, schools, hospitals etc. Here's an example from - you guess it - New York :



    When you can tell us what the establishment clause actually means and what it has to do with whatever nonsense it is you're talking about then you're welcome to come back. Till then? K Thanx Bai.
    A law prohibiting a man's free exercise of business in a zone near a church is giving unconstitutional preferential treatment towards one man's religion over another's.

    Clearly unconstitutional.

    Oh, wait, are you going to argue that the exclusionary law is there to show respect for someone's feelings?

    That works well, given that the argument at hand is the disdain certain terrorists show towards the feelings of their victims' families in New York.

  5. #235
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Gregg Gutfeld Says He Plans to Open Gay Bar Next to Mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    I provided the response downstairs. That will be my last response to your behavior on this thread.
    Still Cherry picking I see. Still not going to acknolwedge you put quotes in a response to me I never said?
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  6. #236
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Gregg Gutfeld Says He Plans to Open Gay Bar Next to Mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    I have no problem with the mosque or the gay bar being built near ground zero. I think it's retarded to throw all muslims in the same boat as the terrorist who flew planes into the buildings. If the catholic church wanted to build a church across the street from a elementary schools,preschools or a day care would anyone give a ****? Would anyone being trying to block the church from being built just because a tiny handful of catholic priest molested some kids?
    If the goal as they claim is to bring understanding and tolerance, why will they not move a Mosque that is so clearly viewed as completely insensative?

    And the Imam. You have heard his quotes right? Not exactly a beacon of tolerance and understanding is he? And where is the money coming from? Don't you think thats a valid question considering his statements?

    Something to think about:

    History-minded readers will note that the final “hypothetical” in this list is not actually hypothetical at all: there actually was an effort to establish a Catholic convent outside of the Auschwitz death camp from the late 1980s through the early 1990s. The parallels between this episode and that of the “Ground Zero mosque” are striking — and the differences are instructive. Roman Catholics per se were not the perpetrators of the Holocaust — to put it mildly, if you truly understand the history of Nazism and the Catholic Church — whereas Muslims acting in purported glorification of their faith were the perpetrators of 9/11; yet the late Pope John Paul II, in 1993, ordered the Auschwitz convent closed not because he felt Catholics were culpable for the Holocaust, but out of sensitivity to Jewish concerns. He understood that for Jews, this ground had been consecrated by the suffering of the victims of Auschwitz and rightly should be sacred to them and to their faith. This precedent was noted by ADL national director Abraham Foxman just last week, and indeed the ADL was involved in the controversy when it was current.

    The Ground Zero Mosque Should Be Stopped | RedState
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  7. #237
    Advisor BCR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Heart of Dixie
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 04:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    598

    Re: Gregg Gutfeld Says He Plans to Open Gay Bar Next to Mosque

    Gay Islamic bar, doubt he would see much business...lol
    I use a lot of satire and sarcasm so keep that in mind when reading my posts.

  8. #238
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Gregg Gutfeld Says He Plans to Open Gay Bar Next to Mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWOlin View Post
    Funny you mention this, because I was thinking the other day, you know we should all go down to Texas and build a few gay bars around some catholic churches. Like peanut butter and jelly wouldn't ya say?
    Catholicism doesn't call for the death penalty and/or corporal punishment for homosexuality.

  9. #239
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Gregg Gutfeld Says He Plans to Open Gay Bar Next to Mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWOlin View Post
    Funny you mention this, because I was thinking the other day, you know we should all go down to Texas and build a few gay bars around some catholic churches. Like peanut butter and jelly wouldn't ya say?
    I don't see why not. After all, the Catholics, too, demand a certain level of toleration. Being an American should mean both expecting and EXTENDING tolerance.

  10. #240
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,874
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Gregg Gutfeld Says He Plans to Open Gay Bar Next to Mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    Catholicism doesn't call for the death penalty and/or corporal punishment for homosexuality.
    not any more at least.
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •