Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 313

Thread: Gregg Gutfeld Says He Plans to Open Gay Bar Next to Mosque

  1. #191
    Hung like Einstein
    Singularity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,058

    Re: Gregg Gutfeld Says He Plans to Open Gay Bar Next to Mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    If Ive told you once ive told you a zillion times...dont exaggerate!

    Not having scanned through it I can say whatever I want and you are at my mercy! Mua ha ha...

    but yes...generally those of the liberal bent are quick to defend the placement of this mosque at the site of the twin towers. In this thread and others.
    Well, in that case it would be a simple matter for you to highlight in this very thread where such a thing occurred. I'd certainly love to read it, which is why I am asking. Or are you going to go with the "make an outlandish hyperpartisan statement, and when asked about it's validity, make the 'OMG DO YER OWN HOMEWORK' comment"-type answer?

    And sure, you can certainly say whatever you want. But me being at your mercy? You'll have to do better than a few baseless comments in order for that to happen, my friend. But stranger things have happened! <3
    Last edited by Singularity; 08-11-10 at 08:42 PM.

  2. #192
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Gregg Gutfeld Says He Plans to Open Gay Bar Next to Mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    I AM a centrist, Tex.
    Catz if you are a centrist I'm Whoopie Goldberg

    Feel free to ask my opinion on any issue. Just because I have a few liberal beliefs doesn't mean that the sum total of my beliefs are liberal. Most of my views are conservative.
    A few?! How many posts do I have to present? I'm already up to 7 far left postings from you. Everything from a pure hatred of Sarah Palin to personal attacks on her daughter to a disdain of capitalism. Exactly how many more postings do I have to provide before you admit your political allegiance?

    How about some more?

    I'm saying that many Christians believe that laws in the U.S. should be based upon Old Testament laws. That's why so many of them are such big fans of having the Ten Commandments posted in local courthouses. They believe that God's laws supercede those of mankind.

    Let's be straight. I think that Jan Brewer is a total racist
    .
    Exactly how many more times do you have to be exposed before you admit you are a liberal? And a far left one at that.

    I'm not sure this is a commercial area. I was under the impression that it was residential, in which case, a bar might not be allowed, based upon existing zoning laws. Do you have evidence that this is a commercial area where other bars exist? If you're going to make this claim, you should prove it.
    I did. You simply once again did not read carefully.

    The quote:

    I am planning to build and open the first gay bar that caters not only to the west, but also Islamic gay men. To best express my sincere desire for dialogue, the bar will be situated next to the mosque Park51, in an available commercial space.

    I'll accept your apology at any time.

    The fact that it took you until page 7 to figure out what I was saying is just sad.

    My first post made my position clear: http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1058912634
    Actually you didn't. And here is why. Pages later to me you said this:

    By the way, your reasoning in this thread is pathetic.
    If you agree with me, how can my reasoning be pathetic? Explain yourself.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  3. #193
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,616

    Re: Gregg Gutfeld Says He Plans to Open Gay Bar Next to Mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    Well, in that case it would be a simple matter for you to highlight in this very thread where such a thing occurred. I'd certainly love to read it, which is why I am asking. Or are you going to go with the "make an outlandish hyperpartisan statement, and when asked about it's validity, make the 'OMG DO YER OWN HOMEWORK' comment"-type answer?

    And sure, you can certainly say whatever you want. But me being at your mercy? You'll have to do better than a few baseless comments in order for that to happen, my friend. But stranger things have happened! <3
    Yep...precisely...you cant be bothered to read it then dont. And by all means disagree with my comments.

    And GOOD GOD I was JOKING...seriously???

  4. #194
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,616

    Re: Gregg Gutfeld Says He Plans to Open Gay Bar Next to Mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Catz if you are a centrist I'm Whoopie Goldberg
    A few?! How many posts do I have to present? I'm already up to 7 far left postings from you. Everything from a pure hatred of Sarah Palin to personal attacks on her daughter to a disdain of capitalism. Exactly how many more postings do I have to provide before you admit your political allegiance?
    How about some more?

    Exactly how many more times do you have to be exposed before you admit you are a liberal? And a far left one at that.
    I did. You simply once again did not read carefully.
    She could be a left leaning centrist...right? errr...I mean...correct?

  5. #195
    Hung like Einstein
    Singularity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,058

    Re: Gregg Gutfeld Says He Plans to Open Gay Bar Next to Mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Yep...precisely...you cant be bothered to read it then dont. And by all means disagree with my comments.

    And GOOD GOD I was JOKING...seriously???
    See the "<3" on the end of my sentence? That means I <3 you, which I would not have done in an uber serious debate with an opposing view. I added it there to show light-heartedness.

    Now you are at MY mercy! =)

  6. #196
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,616

    Re: Gregg Gutfeld Says He Plans to Open Gay Bar Next to Mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    See the "<3" on the end of my sentence? That means I <3 you, which I would not have done in an uber serious debate with an opposing view. I added it there to show light-heartedness.

    Now you are at MY mercy! =)
    Touche! Well played sir!

  7. #197
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Gregg Gutfeld Says He Plans to Open Gay Bar Next to Mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Explain the moral difference between the two. How can one be morally enforced and the other not be?
    Jesus, pun intended, what moral difference are you talking about? Unlike you I don't dwell in the world of what is 'moral' or 'immoral' when making decisions. I go with what is 'within the laws and regulations' and what is 'outside the laws and regulations'. The reality and argument which has been made is that it would be incredibly hard to operate a gay bar next door to a house of worship because of the zoning regulations in most municipalities. It has nothing to do with morality. It has to do with what is in the law books regulating where buildings can and can't be built. Understand that simple fact?

    Now if you weren't so obnoxiously anti-Muslim, you'd realize that the argument being made has as much to do with it 'being a free country' as it has with whatever other stupid strawman you made up to get your jolies up. If the FOX News commentator has the resources allowing him to place a gay bar next to a house of worship? All the more power to him. If he can get required approval for such a project? Go for it. However what has been stated is that it won't be anywhere near an easy task for him.

    Wait, let me guess what your argument is 'free country' right?
    Last edited by Hatuey; 08-11-10 at 10:54 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #198
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Gregg Gutfeld Says He Plans to Open Gay Bar Next to Mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Funny

    Come now though.

    They don't have to be disrespectful of eachother.

    IMHO Both have rights to build there. If they're intolerant of eachother being next door neighbours. They can both go **** themselves as far as I'm concerned.

    Especially if the Mosque planners protest the gay bar being built. I'm not sticking my necks out for them on Freedom of Religion grounds if they can't respect private property rights
    **** that tolerance of intolerance bull****. They have a right to build there, nobody said their shrine to oppression and their oppressive ideology have to be respected.

  9. #199
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Gregg Gutfeld Says He Plans to Open Gay Bar Next to Mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Good luck getting a permit to build a strip club next to a house of worship in Manhattan.
    It's a gay bar not a strip bar.

  10. #200
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Gregg Gutfeld Says He Plans to Open Gay Bar Next to Mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Add to that: hospitals, old folks homes, day cares etc.

    His strawman is that when people argued that these people had every right to build a mosque near 9/11, it was an argument based on the U.S. being a 'free country'. The real argument was that these people had not committed a single crime in obtaining the rights and permits to build a land and prohibiting them from building a mosque through legislation or the feelings of the public would violate their first amendment rights.
    So let me get this straight in your world the 1st amendment = only freedom of religion and not freedom from religion as well? Good to know. Refusing to allow the building of a bar next to a house of worship is a clear violation of the establishment clause as the sole determining factor would be that it was a place of worship.

Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •