Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 36 of 36

Thread: Business facing a wave of green taxes

  1. #31
    Advisor Rightwingnutjob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    09-05-10 @ 04:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    420

    Re: Business facing a wave of green taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    The choice is theirs. If they don't use enough carbons, they don't have to buy anything. The choice is theirs. They are not required to use carbons. And as this isn't new, we see business has made little to no effort to reduce on their own, right? hence, need for action.

    As for passing on, likley. Or they could comply. or go out of business. or pay more. Or take in less profit. The choice is theirs.
    This is absurd. Taxed on using 'carbons'. Come ON. I mean I know you weren't really referring to the actual taxation of 'carbons' but it just sounds rediculous and silly.

    J-mac. You are 100% wrong to worry about the businesses. They're just going to pass it on to the consumers. Worry about the consumers. I'm gonna go live in antarctica I think. These rediculous taxes piss me way the hell off.

  2. #32
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Business facing a wave of green taxes

    the COST of complying will drive marginal businesses (and who these days isn't marginal?) OUT OF OPERATION

    hello

    as obvious as two plus two...

  3. #33
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Business facing a wave of green taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I got news for ya Joe.....Everything dies....It's a cycle.


    j-mac
    No need to help our death along. Committing suicde is a needless cyle.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #34
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Business facing a wave of green taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightwingnutjob View Post
    This is absurd. Taxed on using 'carbons'. Come ON. I mean I know you weren't really referring to the actual taxation of 'carbons' but it just sounds rediculous and silly.

    J-mac. You are 100% wrong to worry about the businesses. They're just going to pass it on to the consumers. Worry about the consumers. I'm gonna go live in antarctica I think. These rediculous taxes piss me way the hell off.
    So, your complaint is with my phrasology? Noted.

    Enjoy the cooler weather. :wave

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #35
    Advisor Rightwingnutjob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    09-05-10 @ 04:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    420

    Re: Business facing a wave of green taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    So, your complaint is with my phrasology? Noted.

    Enjoy the cooler weather. :wave
    Glad you noted it. I don't know what classes you took in college but after 2 semesters of organic chemistry (essentially carbon chemistry) the notion of taxing carbon just comes off as silly, kind of like taxing oxygen or hydrogen. Wasn't anything big; it just cracked me right the hell up.

    I left most of my other arguments out because you and I both know that we won't agree on any methodology when it comes to greener practices. This is largely due to the fact that you're wrong and I'm right

  6. #36
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Business facing a wave of green taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightwingnutjob View Post
    Glad you noted it. I don't know what classes you took in college but after 2 semesters of organic chemistry (essentially carbon chemistry) the notion of taxing carbon just comes off as silly, kind of like taxing oxygen or hydrogen. Wasn't anything big; it just cracked me right the hell up.

    I left most of my other arguments out because you and I both know that we won't agree on any methodology when it comes to greener practices. This is largely due to the fact that you're wrong and I'm right


    I give you credit. I enjoyed that.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •