Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 36

Thread: Business facing a wave of green taxes

  1. #11
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Business facing a wave of green taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Oh I get it, it can only come through the force of government taxation. GAWD! When will you liberals learn to stay out of our wallets.


    j-mac
    Has it come otherwise? If it has, then no none will be taxed, right?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #12
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Business facing a wave of green taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Has it come otherwise? If it has, then no none will be taxed, right?

    I can think of another way if liberals, and GW nutjobs were really serious....Incentives. But NO. The only thing you authoritarians can fall back on is force, especially when it is a debunked theory like GW.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #13
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Business facing a wave of green taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I can think of another way if liberals, and GW nutjobs were really serious....Incentives. But NO. The only thing you authoritarians can fall back on is force, especially when it is a debunked theory like GW.


    j-mac
    Taxes are an incentive. Read your article.

    But again, all they have to do is comply. If they do, no tax, right?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #14
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Business facing a wave of green taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Taxes are an incentive. Read your article.

    But again, all they have to do is comply. If they do, no tax, right?

    it is Cap and Tax pure and simple. but you are correct compliance would mean no fines. But that doesn't leave them out of buying the credits in the first place, or the fine if they fail to register with the entity. Which the article say this about that.....


    Missing the Sept 30 deadline will mean an immediate 5,000 fine, and 500 for each day after that, up to a maximum of 45,000.

    Another 15,000 smaller organisations are also required to register and could be expected to buy permits in the future. If they miss the September deadline, they face fines of 500.

    WSP Environment & Energy, a consultancy firm, estimated that a total of 7,500 businesses would miss the deadline.

    Greg Barker, the energy and climate change minister, who is overseeing the scheme said yesterday: I understand the original complexity of the scheme may have deterred some organisations and I want to hear suggestions as to how we can make the scheme simpler in the future.

    Executives and business groups said that the scheme had been poorly communicated and publicised, leaving many companies in the dark.

    One recent survey suggested that 53 per cent of executives had not even heard of the CRC and did not know whether their firm was affected.

    The Environment Agency, which will run the scheme for the Government, has refused even to publish a list of the companies that are required to register.


    The Coalition is pressing ahead with the CRC despite Conservative pledges to cut red-tape on businesses.

    Business groups said the paperwork and costs involved in complying with the CRC scheme could put a significant new burden on companies already struggling in an uncertain economic climate. The Bank of England is expected to underline fears about the economy today with forecasts for faltering economic growth and persistent inflation.

    so let's get this straight....The companies that are supposed to register, and buy credits, or face fines, have not been told that they need to do such by the government agency in charge of this scheme, and then when they don't they will be fined, and taxed. Wow. How wonderful is that?

    Oh and let's not forget the increased pricing that will be passed along by this crap. sounds like it is just set up for success doesn't it?

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #15
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Business facing a wave of green taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    it is Cap and Tax pure and simple. but you are correct compliance would mean no fines. But that doesn't leave them out of buying the credits in the first place, or the fine if they fail to register with the entity. Which the article say this about that.....





    so let's get this straight....The companies that are supposed to register, and buy credits, or face fines, have not been told that they need to do such by the government agency in charge of this scheme, and then when they don't they will be fined, and taxed. Wow. How wonderful is that?

    Oh and let's not forget the increased pricing that will be passed along by this crap. sounds like it is just set up for success doesn't it?

    j-mac
    The choice is theirs. If they don't use enough carbons, they don't have to buy anything. The choice is theirs. They are not required to use carbons. And as this isn't new, we see business has made little to no effort to reduce on their own, right? hence, need for action.

    As for passing on, likley. Or they could comply. or go out of business. or pay more. Or take in less profit. The choice is theirs.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #16
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Business facing a wave of green taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    The choice is theirs. If they don't use enough carbons, they don't have to buy anything. The choice is theirs. They are not required to use carbons. And as this isn't new, we see business has made little to no effort to reduce on their own, right? hence, need for action.

    What need for action? Global Warming based on carbon emissions is a hoax. It is a taxation scheme pure and simple.


    As for passing on, likley. Or they could comply. or go out of business. or pay more. Or take in less profit. The choice is theirs.

    Arghhhh! You liberals are something else! Destroying the world one piece at a time.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #17
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Business facing a wave of green taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    What need for action? Global Warming based on carbon emissions is a hoax. It is a taxation scheme pure and simple.





    Arghhhh! You liberals are something else! Destroying the world one piece at a time.


    j-mac
    I'm not going to argue your faith with you. We've been down that road. But, as the UK accepts the need for change, and have asked for, and business has not complied, then action is required. Again, business is afforded a choice here.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #18
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,340
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Business facing a wave of green taxes

    It is not very often that businesses and individuals will change harmful ways unless some incentive is given to do so.

    I think its fair enough, get a bonus for being greener, even if there is no global warming, sure wouldn't hurt to treat the earth a little better eh?

  9. #19
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Business facing a wave of green taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I'm not going to argue your faith with you. We've been down that road. But, as the UK accepts the need for change, and have asked for, and business has not complied, then action is required. Again, business is afforded a choice here.

    My Faith? Oh that's a rich one there Joe.....It is well known the characteristics of a religion that Global Warming takes on, now you try and co opt that to use yourself.

    I am not surprised that once again your disingenuousness shows through.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #20
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Business facing a wave of green taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    It is not very often that businesses and individuals will change harmful ways unless some incentive is given to do so.

    I think its fair enough, get a bonus for being greener, even if there is no global warming, sure wouldn't hurt to treat the earth a little better eh?

    Sure, I am an 'all the above' guy. But tell me, how will piling more taxes, and greater costs to everything improve our economic situation at this time?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •