Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Obama to serve Gulf seafood at birthday bash: aide

  1. #1
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,728

    Obama to serve Gulf seafood at birthday bash: aide

    WASHINGTON — US President Barack Obama is confident in the quality of Gulf of Mexico seafood despite the BP oil spill and will serve some at a party Sunday to mark his 49th birthday, a top aide said.
    Ladies and gentlemen. I present to you America's first glow-in-the-dark president. Another barrier down. It's great to live in America. But please, don't ask him any questions that are complicated.

    Article is here.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  2. #2
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,529

    Re: Obama to serve Gulf seafood at birthday bash: aide

    Good for him. That should be a real boost for the fishermen of Louisiana, don't you think?

    Unless, of course, one of his guests comes down with some sort of poisoning. That would be bad.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Obama to serve Gulf seafood at birthday bash: aide

    Most of Louisiana is still off-limits to fishing, at least near shore. Gulf seafood these days is being fished in Florida and Texas. And it tastes fantastic.

    We just grilled red grouper and extra-large shrimp straight of the gulf on the barbecue just the other night.

    You can see the no-fish zone in this article: http://www.examiner.com/x-1523-Tampa...-fish-zone-map
    Last edited by Catz Part Deux; 08-08-10 at 09:52 PM.

  4. #4
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,343

    Re: Obama to serve Gulf seafood at birthday bash: aide

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Most of Louisiana is still off-limits to fishing, at least near shore. Gulf seafood these days is being fished in Florida and Texas. And it tastes fantastic.

    We just grilled red grouper and extra-large shrimp straight of the gulf on the barbecue just the other night.

    You can see the no-fish zone in this article: NOAA releases reduced no fish zone map
    How wrong could you be? Most of the affected areas south of Venice have been opened up to sport and recreational fishing.

    Cameron, in southwest Louisiana, was never affected. I was at the ELI Dock, Friday and saw the parade of boats going out the Calcasieu River for the celebration of the opening of shrimp season.

    This crisis just didn't cooperate nearly enough, for the Libbos's likeing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #5
    Rockin' In The Free World
    the makeout hobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Last Seen
    04-24-14 @ 06:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    7,102

    Re: Obama to serve Gulf seafood at birthday bash: aide

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    How wrong could you be? Most of the affected areas south of Venice have been opened up to sport and recreational fishing.

    Cameron, in southwest Louisiana, was never affected. I was at the ELI Dock, Friday and saw the parade of boats going out the Calcasieu River for the celebration of the opening of shrimp season.

    This crisis just didn't cooperate nearly enough, for the Libbos's likeing.
    I'm confused why you think liberals would want this to go on for any longer.
    The Makeout Hobo is real, and does indeed travel around the country in his van and make out with ladies... If you meet the Makeout Hobo, it is customary to greet him with a shot of whiskey and a high five (if you are a dude) or passionate makeouts (if you are a lady).

  6. #6
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,868
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Obama to serve Gulf seafood at birthday bash: aide

    "that's just olive oil, i swear"
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Obama to serve Gulf seafood at birthday bash: aide

    Quote Originally Posted by the makeout hobo View Post
    I'm confused why you think liberals would want this to go on for any longer.
    Because liberals are responsible for everything that pisses Apdst off.

    Also, I should note, I posted a link to the current map, which shows that most of Louisiana is off limits. Apparently, Apdst is map-challenged.
    Last edited by Catz Part Deux; 08-09-10 at 10:38 AM.

  8. #8
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,343

    Re: Obama to serve Gulf seafood at birthday bash: aide

    Quote Originally Posted by the makeout hobo View Post
    I'm confused why you think liberals would want this to go on for any longer.
    Out of work fishermen were the justification for the drilling moratoium. All we heard for three months, is that it's going to take, "decades", for the GOM to get back to normal. "The oil and gas industry has to pay!", was what we heard.

    Now, the shrimpers are going to back to wortk after only a few weeks, killing any justification for a drilling ban.

    "Never let a crisis go to waste".
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #9
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,343

    Re: Obama to serve Gulf seafood at birthday bash: aide

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Because liberals are responsible for everything that pisses Apdst off.

    Also, I should note, I posted a link to the current map, which shows that most of Louisiana is off limits. Apparently, Apdst is map-challenged.
    Your link also tells about how the no-fish zone has been reduced. Looks like I'm not the only that is challenged.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Obama to serve Gulf seafood at birthday bash: aide

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Your link also tells about how the no-fish zone has been reduced. Looks like I'm not the only that is challenged.
    That's indeed true. The no-fish zone has been reduced from the much larger black line to the much smaller red line, which still encompasses the bulk of Louisiana. Which you'd realize, if you'd read the article.


Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •