Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32

Thread: Afghan mission ends in death for 6 US, 2 Europeans, 2 Afghans; Taliban claim responsi

  1. #11
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,290
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Afghan mission ends in death for 6 US, 2 Europeans, 2 Afghans; Taliban claim resp

    Oh ****! I misread that.

    Yeah Mr. V.

    I think they are braver souls then you. Not fools.

  2. #12
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:35 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,306
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Afghan mission ends in death for 6 US, 2 Europeans, 2 Afghans; Taliban claim resp

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    He's talking about the Taliban isn't he?

    In which case shouldn't you agree with Him?
    That was my first thought, but it does not look like it. If that is how he meant it, then it is worded very poorly.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: Afghan mission ends in death for 6 US, 2 Europeans, 2 Afghans; Taliban claim resp

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    FOXNews.com - Afghan mission ends in death for 6 US, 2 Europeans, 2 Afghans; Taliban claim responsibility

    Stupid arrogant fools. The Taliban doesn't care what "good" you are doing, you are cattle to be slaughtered. RIP, may God comfort your families.

    If we are not still fighting this war fifty years from now, it will be largely thanks to the humanitarian efforts of brave heroes like these; not because the Afghan people have been cowed into submission by Western tanks and guns, but because new leaders will remember how, as children, these kind, unarmed Western doctors sacrificed their lives to give them vision and health.

  4. #14
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,394

    Re: Afghan mission ends in death for 6 US, 2 Europeans, 2 Afghans; Taliban claim resp

    Ya'll still haven't figured out that he was talking about the Taliban? Nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: Afghan mission ends in death for 6 US, 2 Europeans, 2 Afghans; Taliban claim resp

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Ya'll still haven't figured out that he was talking about the Taliban? Nice!

    No, we haven't.
    That's because he wasn't.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    FOXNews.com - Afghan mission ends in death for 6 US, 2 Europeans, 2 Afghans; Taliban claim responsibility

    Stupid arrogant fools. The Taliban doesn't care what "good" you are doing, you are cattle to be slaughtered. RIP, may God comfort your families.

    Here is his statement in its entirety.
    Let's pretend for a minute that he was talking about the Taliban, shall we?
    Let's see how that reads.

    "Stupid arrogant Taliban! The Taliban doesn't care what "good" you Taliban are doing, you Taliban are cattle to be slaughtered. RIP, may God (or Allah or whomever) comfort your Taliban families."

    Nope. That doesn't quite work, does it?

    Now, let's suppose for a minute, just hypothetically of course, that the "you" Mr. Vicchio was addressing was the dead doctors.

    "Stupid arrogant Western doctors. The Taliban doesn't care what "good" you are doing, you are cattle to be slaughtered. RIP, may God comfort your families."


    Bingo; we have a winner.

  6. #16
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,394

    Re: Afghan mission ends in death for 6 US, 2 Europeans, 2 Afghans; Taliban claim resp

    Quote Originally Posted by 1069 View Post
    No, we haven't.
    That's because he wasn't.




    Here is his statement in its entirety.
    Let's pretend for a minute that he was talking about the Taliban, shall we?
    Let's see how that reads.

    "Stupid arrogant Taliban! The Taliban doesn't care what "good" you Taliban are doing, you Taliban are cattle to be slaughtered. RIP, may God (or Allah or whomever) comfort your Taliban families."

    Nope. That doesn't quite work, does it?

    Now, let's suppose for a minute, just hypothetically of course, that the "you" Mr. Vicchio was addressing was the dead doctors.

    "Stupid arrogant Western doctors. The Taliban doesn't care what "good" you are doing, you are cattle to be slaughtered. RIP, may God comfort your families."


    Bingo; we have a winner.
    Nice try.



    The people who got Mr. Vic's comments wrong, are the very first ones to insult people for not being able to read. How sweet is that?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #17
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:35 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,306
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Afghan mission ends in death for 6 US, 2 Europeans, 2 Afghans; Taliban claim resp

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Nice try.



    The people who got Mr. Vic's comments wrong, are the very first ones to insult people for not being able to read. How sweet is that?!?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #18
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Afghan mission ends in death for 6 US, 2 Europeans, 2 Afghans; Taliban claim resp

    Quote Originally Posted by 1069 View Post
    I find this comment offensive beyond my ability to express.
    I find your being offended to be funny beyond my ability to express.

    WTF people?

    It's a war zone area rife with backward ass Islamic Extremist that take JOY in murdering non-Muslims.

    So these YAHOO's go in there with this "We're helping people, they won't hurt us" mentality.

    It's stupid to assume that your help will be appreciated. It's arrogant, to assume that good intentions can over come such vile hate and Foolish to believe that men so dedicated to their goal will be swayed by "Humanitarian" sentiments.

    I hate seeing people lose their lives to such. The MISSION was worthy, the methods were not.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  9. #19
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Afghan mission ends in death for 6 US, 2 Europeans, 2 Afghans; Taliban claim resp

    FYI I was talking about the Missionaries.

    They went backing packing around bandit country with nothing more then good intentions.

    That's great in a FAIRY TALE, in RL it GET'S YOU KILLED.

    Were' they brave? In their own way. Did they die needlessly? YES.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: Afghan mission ends in death for 6 US, 2 Europeans, 2 Afghans; Taliban claim resp

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    I find your being offended to be funny beyond my ability to express.

    WTF people?

    It's a war zone area rife with backward ass Islamic Extremist that take JOY in murdering non-Muslims.

    So these YAHOO's go in there with this "We're helping people, they won't hurt us" mentality.

    It's stupid to assume that your help will be appreciated. It's arrogant, to assume that good intentions can over come such vile hate and Foolish to believe that men so dedicated to their goal will be swayed by "Humanitarian" sentiments.

    I hate seeing people lose their lives to such. The MISSION was worthy, the methods were not.
    Now, when you say "stupid" and "arrogant", you're referring to the Taliban, right?
    You're saying the Taliban is stupid and arrogant.
    You're not saying the dead doctors were stupid and arrogant, right?
    You'd never suggest something like that, would you?
    Because apdst has assured us you would not.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •