Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 165

Thread: US Job Market Loses Steam

  1. #51
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:51 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,617
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: US Job Market Loses Steam

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    From the summer of 2003 when the tax cuts for everyone went into effect, until the housing and financial markets went belly up, those tax cuts created over 8 million jobs. (See image below)

    Why don't you check the statistic from the BLS website and get back to me.
    Bureau of Labor Statistics Data
    You I think are confusing correlation and causation.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham
    Ive always believed that America is an idea, not defined by its people but by its ideals. - Lindsey Graham

  2. #52
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,239
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: US Job Market Loses Steam

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You I think are confusing correlation and causation.
    It's just a big giant coincidence that following the tax cuts implemented by Kennedy, Reagan and Bush Jr, millions of jobs were created.... While the Carter/Obamas method of either raising or not lowering taxes on upper incomes (aka, the majority of small businesses) has yielded nothing but a stagnated economy with little or no job growth.

  3. #53
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:51 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,617
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: US Job Market Loses Steam

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    It's just a big giant coincidence that following the tax cuts implemented by Kennedy, Reagan and Bush Jr, millions of jobs were created.... While the Carter/Obamas method of either raising or not lowering taxes on upper incomes (aka, the majority of small businesses) has yielded nothing but a stagnated economy with little or no job growth.
    It's probably a similar coincidence that when there are no tax cuts, millions of jobs where created. Err, wait....
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham
    Ive always believed that America is an idea, not defined by its people but by its ideals. - Lindsey Graham

  4. #54
    Tavern Bartender
    Fly Eagles Fly
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,595
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: US Job Market Loses Steam

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    It's just a big giant coincidence that following the tax cuts implemented by Kennedy, Reagan and Bush Jr, millions of jobs were created.... While the Carter/Obamas method of either raising or not lowering taxes on upper incomes (aka, the majority of small businesses) has yielded nothing but a stagnated economy with little or no job growth.
    What is different now, as opposed to the Bush era??? Obama has NOT repelled the tax cuts to the wealthy as of yet.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  5. #55
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,239
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: US Job Market Loses Steam

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    It's probably a similar coincidence that when there are no tax cuts, millions of jobs where created. Err, wait....
    If you are speaking of the Clinton era, you have failed to recognize one big difference. We were economically strong, so there was no need to cut taxes.

    When the economy is good, taxes don't need to be cut. In fact they can be gradually raised to lower deficits and increase federal revenue. When the economy is poor and jobs are being lost, lowering taxes across the board helps financially strapped families, as well as provides more capitol for businesses to invest, expand and hire new workers.

    Why is this simple, and proven economic theory so hard for the left to comprehend?

  6. #56
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:51 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,617
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: US Job Market Loses Steam

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    If you are speaking of the Clinton era, you have failed to recognize one big difference. We were economically strong, so there was no need to cut taxes.

    When the economy is good, taxes don't need to be cut. In fact they can be gradually raised to lower deficits and increase federal revenue. When the economy is poor and jobs are being lost, lowering taxes across the board helps financially strapped families, as well as provides more capitol for businesses to invest, expand and hire new workers.

    Why is this simple, and proven economic theory so hard for the left to comprehend?
    Ah, so there are other factors at play during any time period than just tax cuts. Thank you for proving my point. Why is this so hard for the right to comprehend.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham
    Ive always believed that America is an idea, not defined by its people but by its ideals. - Lindsey Graham

  7. #57
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,239
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: US Job Market Loses Steam

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Ah, so there are other factors at play during any time period than just tax cuts. Thank you for proving my point. Why is this so hard for the right to comprehend.
    Oh really? And what "factors" are we facing right now?

    Looks to me we are facing a stagnant economy with little or no job creation, yet people like you are all for letting the Bush tax cuts expire at the end of the year for upper income brackets. How about you look back over the last 40 years and tell me what approach has been effective for sparking economic growth under similar conditions like we are faced with now, and what approach has failed? Then apply a bit of common sense and see if you can determine what might be a reasonable approach to the economic problems we face.

  8. #58
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: US Job Market Loses Steam

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Oh really? And what "factors" are we facing right now?

    Looks to me we are facing a stagnant economy with little or no job creation, yet people like you are all for letting the Bush tax cuts expire at the end of the year for upper income brackets. How about you look back over the last 40 years and tell me what approach has been effective for sparking economic growth under similar conditions like we are faced with now, and what approach has failed? Then apply a bit of common sense and see if you can determine what might be a reasonable approach to the economic problems we face.

    Even Reagan's director of the Office of Management and Budget, David Stockman thinks the Bush tax cuts will bankrupt America.

    Stockman: Bush Tax Cuts Will Make U.S. Bankrupt : NPR

  9. #59
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,973

    Re: US Job Market Loses Steam

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    What is different now, as opposed to the Bush era??? Obama has NOT repelled the tax cuts to the wealthy as of yet.
    They expire on their own next year and those whom it affects know their belts will tighten.
    Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.-- Bernadine Dohrn

  10. #60
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:51 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,617
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: US Job Market Loses Steam

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Oh really? And what "factors" are we facing right now?

    Looks to me we are facing a stagnant economy with little or no job creation, yet people like you are all for letting the Bush tax cuts expire at the end of the year for upper income brackets. How about you look back over the last 40 years and tell me what approach has been effective for sparking economic growth under similar conditions like we are faced with now, and what approach has failed? Then apply a bit of common sense and see if you can determine what might be a reasonable approach to the economic problems we face.
    Well, we could look at the Reagan model, which included raising taxes(PolitiFact | Sarah Palin said Democrats are planning "the largest tax increase in U.S. history"):

    a 1982 tax increase signed into law by President Ronald Reagan. The tax increase resulting from the Tax Equity and Fiscal Responsibility Act of 1982 came to 1.23 percent of GDP when the tax changes were fully implemented, four years after the law's passage.
    He combined that with stimulative spending, and the economy recovered.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham
    Ive always believed that America is an idea, not defined by its people but by its ideals. - Lindsey Graham

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •