Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 165

Thread: US Job Market Loses Steam

  1. #11
    Student Boomyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    03-05-11 @ 02:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    161

    Re: US Job Market Loses Steam

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    Cool argument, bro!
    I am surprised that from your perspective (considering your avatar) that you agree with my assessment of state jobs driving the economy.(not) Very, should I say, bourgeois of you.
    For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.-2 Timothy 4:3-4:

  2. #12
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,887

    Re: US Job Market Loses Steam

    Wow, you're on a roll! I wonder what your next completely unproductive and pointlessly irrelevant rant will say! I suggest going the "Obama is a socialist" route, that's a classic.
    "I do not claim that every incident in the history of empire can be explained in directly economic terms. Economic interests are filtered through a political process, policies are implemented by a complex state apparatus, and the whole system generates its own momentum."

  3. #13
    Student Boomyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    03-05-11 @ 02:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    161

    Re: US Job Market Loses Steam

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    Wow, you're on a roll! I wonder what your next completely unproductive and pointlessly irrelevant rant will say! I suggest going the "Obama is a socialist" route, that's a classic.
    It always amazes me when statists change the color of the Rose and think that it will not be recognized for what it is!
    For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.-2 Timothy 4:3-4:

  4. #14
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,887

    Re: US Job Market Loses Steam

    I never said anything about what this thread is regarding. I just felt compelled to point out the fact that you haven't offered anything of any substance to this discussion. And you continue to prove me correct...
    "I do not claim that every incident in the history of empire can be explained in directly economic terms. Economic interests are filtered through a political process, policies are implemented by a complex state apparatus, and the whole system generates its own momentum."

  5. #15
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,402

    Re: US Job Market Loses Steam

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    When the government was hiring, conservatives pointed out that the private sector was the important factor. Now it's not?
    Who ever claimed that the private sector isn't important?

    The point is, that you can't brag about a 71,000 job gain, when the overall job loss was 130,000, then tell the country that things are turning around.

    What kind of a dumbass would do something like that? Wanna take a guess??
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #16
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,402

    Re: US Job Market Loses Steam

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Actually I'd say the important part is the total jobs. Government employees still spend their salaries on thingsso it's not like a $50k/year government job is somehow by default putting less into the economy than a $50k/year private sector job.
    That's all fine and good...where does the money come from to pay those government workers, again?

    The government is in the process of blowing away 6 billion dollars in oil and gas revenues. So, where's the money going to come from to pay for all those government jobs? Please! tell us!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #17
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:18 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,432

    Re: US Job Market Loses Steam

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Who ever claimed that the private sector isn't important?

    The point is, that you can't brag about a 71,000 job gain, when the overall job loss was 130,000, then tell the country that things are turning around.

    What kind of a dumbass would do something like that? Wanna take a guess??
    The job losses I believe were primarily government jobs
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  8. #18
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,402

    Re: US Job Market Loses Steam

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    The job losses I believe were primarily government jobs
    Weren't there only about 40,000 government jobs that were created by the census? Care to explain what happened to the other 90,000?

    Or, are you going to admit that the bragging that Krewe Obama did a couple months ago about job gains was bull****?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #19
    Professor

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Dakota
    Last Seen
    09-02-17 @ 08:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,357

    Re: US Job Market Loses Steam

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    That's all fine and good...where does the money come from to pay those government workers, again?

    The government is in the process of blowing away 6 billion dollars in oil and gas revenues. So, where's the money going to come from to pay for all those government jobs? Please! tell us!!
    The same place as all of those private sector jobs?

  10. #20
    Professor

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Dakota
    Last Seen
    09-02-17 @ 08:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,357

    Re: US Job Market Loses Steam

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Weren't there only about 40,000 government jobs that were created by the census? Care to explain what happened to the other 90,000?

    Or, are you going to admit that the bragging that Krewe Obama did a couple months ago about job gains was bull****?
    No, ex-census there were 12000 net jobs made. The census had a fairly large impact on employment temporarily.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •