Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 165

Thread: US Job Market Loses Steam

  1. #141
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: US Job Market Loses Steam

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Of course not. You miss the point. The fact is we can't know how many are or aren't. We simply cannot know.

    Sure we can....WE CAN POLL THEM!!!!


    J, something not dependent on the trutfulness of respondents. Something measurable, verifiable. Why do you think this is controvestial?
    Never said it was, I am just trying to get you to say what you will accept in regards to this. But as usual, and nothing different with this answer, even under a direct plea for you to take a position that can be debated, you tap dance around it so that later you can say you didn't say something. That is not only a frustrating way for you to debate, but it shows a rather stunning lack of confidence in your own position.

    Agreed, opions have limitations. That's exactly what I've been trying to tell you.
    I don't think we have ever disagreed on that. However, it would be nice if you would debate honestly, instead of this cat/mouse game you so love.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #142
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: US Job Market Loses Steam

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Sure we can....WE CAN POLL THEM!!!!
    Don't be silly, we cannot know their truefulness. We somply can't know. Sorry, but you're wrong on this.


    Never said it was, I am just trying to get you to say what you will accept in regards to this. But as usual, and nothing different with this answer, even under a direct plea for you to take a position that can be debated, you tap dance around it so that later you can say you didn't say something. That is not only a frustrating way for you to debate, but it shows a rather stunning lack of confidence in your own position.
    I answered you, read slowly: J, something not dependent on the trutfulness of respondents. Something measurable, verifiable.


    I don't think we have ever disagreed on that. However, it would be nice if you would debate honestly, instead of this cat/mouse game you so love.


    j-mac
    I sadly think by honestly you mean dishonestly. You want absolutes and yes and nos when a complete answer calls for more. You want to play gottcha more than you want to understand, which is common on boards such as these. Sadly.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #143
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,458
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: US Job Market Loses Steam

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    This chart is useless for the point at hand. This chart is support for someone's attempt to show that the deficits under Obama are Bush's fault. It has nothing to do with with whether or not the tax cuts were "humongous." It has to do with someone's desire to blame things on Bush. (And besides, WHO compiled it, and what methodology did they use? This looks like a joke.)

    Point of fact, of the various marginal rates which were reduced by the Bush tax cuts, they ran from a reduction of 2% to a reduction of 3.6% at the top brackets. 3.6% is "humongous"?

    No, "humongous" is dropping from 91% to 65% (JFK) or 65% to 50% then to 29% (Reagan). Dropping from 38.6% to 35% (Bush)? Slight change.
    I love how you change the goal post. I said the cuts were humongous, and you said they were not that bad. I then cite a source with actual numbers, and -- of course-- you attack the source. Instead, I want you to tell me that it's untrue that the tax cuts run deeper than the funding of the Iraq-Afghanistan war in itself. I look at the chart and see the implications of the cuts. The tax cuts on the wealthy alone would more than fund the wars at present. Do you not think that's humongous? Do you have anything that disputes that? Don't change the goal posts. Just give me factual numbers that disputes this and I will read.
    “No men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it,” Trump said... “‘Is everyone OK’? You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody OK?’ And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.”

  4. #144
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:51 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,603

    Re: US Job Market Loses Steam

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    I love how you change the goal post. I said the cuts were humongous, and you said they were not that bad. I then cite a source with actual numbers, and -- of course-- you attack the source. Instead, I want you to tell me that it's untrue that the tax cuts run deeper than the funding of the Iraq-Afghanistan war in itself. I look at the chart and see the implications of the cuts. The tax cuts on the wealthy alone would more than fund the wars at present. Do you not think that's humongous? Do you have anything that disputes that? Don't change the goal posts. Just give me factual numbers that disputes this and I will read.
    What "goal posts" did I change? Be specific. Explain it in detail. What exactly did I change or revise about anything I posted to "change the goal posts"?

    You think a rate reduction of 3.6% is "humongous"?

    If you want to whine about "changing goal posts," how about this little gem from you?

    Instead, I want you to tell me that it's untrue that the tax cuts run deeper than the funding of the Iraq-Afghanistan war in itself.
    I never made any claims of any kind having anything to do with that comparison, at any point, in any way, shape, or form -- and neither did you, so until now, it hasn't even been a topic for discussion. This is something you pulled out of thin air.

    No, the rate cuts were not humongous. They were slight. How they stack up relative a spending line-item is irrelevant. That's a spending issue.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  5. #145
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: US Job Market Loses Steam

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Don't be silly, we cannot know their truefulness. We somply can't know. Sorry, but you're wrong on this.

    Oh, I see, so if the data collected by polls contradicts what you want the narrative to be then the participants must be lying....Very good, very scientific....


    I answered you, read slowly: J, something not dependent on the trutfulness of respondents. Something [B]measurable, verifiable
    No, no you didn't, but I'll play.....Measurable, and verifiable such as.....?


    I sadly think by honestly you mean dishonestly.
    Sadly you assume again, that more often than not makes you wrong.


    You want absolutes and yes and nos when a complete answer calls for more.
    Ahhhh yes, the grey area of nuance....The scoundrels cloud.


    You want to play gottcha more than you want to understand, which is common on boards such as these. Sadly.
    Yep, and most of it for the past decade has been used by liberals like yourself against Bush, now all of the sudden it is off limits....How convenient....


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #146
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: US Job Market Loses Steam

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Oh, I see, so if the data collected by polls contradicts what you want the narrative to be then the participants must be lying....Very good, very scientific....
    Being silly again. 1 st, I don't disgaree. 2nd, all I've said is that we can't know. Really radical stuff.


    No, no you didn't, but I'll play.....Measurable, and verifiable such as.....?
    As no one I kow has found a way to this, I don't know. But that would be the standard. If you look, you'll find the government recognizes the problem, but notes the difficulty in measuring. I can'tmake up something not done.




    Sadly you assume again, that more often than not makes you wrong.
    Wrong word. I assess.


    Ahhhh yes, the grey area of nuance....The scoundrels cloud.
    No, honesty. Few things are yes and no or black and white. Nauance is the sign of a well thoughtout approach.


    Yep, and most of it for the past decade has been used by liberals like yourself against Bush, now all of the sudden it is off limits....How convenient....


    j-mac
    I have no idea what you're talking about. Nothing I have said is different for either.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #147
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: US Job Market Loses Steam

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Being silly again. 1 st, I don't disgaree. 2nd, all I've said is that we can't know. Really radical stuff.
    Ofcourse we can know....Just don't believe your lyin' eyes, right?


    As no one I kow has found a way to this, I don't know. But that would be the standard. If you look, you'll find the government recognizes the problem, but notes the difficulty in measuring. I can'tmake up something not done.
    WOW! This is really dumb. You don't know, yet you denounce figures, and facts you don't like....As far as the government recognizing the problem...Are you serious? You think they are going to say that their out of control spending has failed? Good one....


    Wrong word. I assess.
    Maybe the root word.


    No, honesty. Few things are yes and no or black and white. Nauance is the sign of a well thoughtout approach.

    That is the problem with liberalism Joe, there is no decisiveness only nuance, and consensus. This is a weak form of leadership, and probably the No 1 reason that liberals can't hold power for long. That and their corruption ofcourse.


    I have no idea what you're talking about. Nothing I have said is different for either.
    Yeah right... Whatever dude....Tell yourself what ever lie you wish.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #148
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: US Job Market Loses Steam

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Ofcourse we can know....Just don't believe your lyin' eyes, right?
    I'm sorry J, but we really can't.


    WOW! This is really dumb. You don't know, yet you denounce figures, and facts you don't like....As far as the government recognizing the problem...Are you serious? You think they are going to say that their out of control spending has failed? Good one....
    I recognize the difficulty in knowing, and that we don't have a verifiable measure. You're just not listening.




    That is the problem with liberalism Joe, there is no decisiveness only nuance, and consensus. This is a weak form of leadership, and probably the No 1 reason that liberals can't hold power for long. That and their corruption ofcourse.
    Remember what I said earlier when I assessed you and your "liberal" silliness, right out of American (non)Thinker? Well, there you go again.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #149
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: US Job Market Loses Steam

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    When the government was hiring, conservatives pointed out that the private sector was the important factor. Now it's not?
    the important factor is the state of our economy

    it's bad

    and it's not getting better

    get it?

  10. #150
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •