Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 184

Thread: Portland lemonade stand runs into health inspectors, needs $120 license to operate

  1. #121
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,324

    Re: Portland lemonade stand runs into health inspectors, needs $120 license to operat

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    This entire issue is due to idiotic bureaucracy, not Liberalism. The child's lemonade stand is a staple of classic American culture. The fact that this particular one was shut down because they didn't have a proper license comes down to government officials having nothing better to do with their time. However, leave it to certain hyper-partisan posters here to milk the feigned outrage udder for all it's worth by pointing the finger at Liberalism. I think most of us can agree, across political lines, that this shouldn't have happened and that these government officials should shift their focus to issues that actually require attention.

    I believe it is helpful to point out the idiocy in this over zealous bully bureaucrat, because these are the jobs Obama is creating.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #122
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,324

    Re: Portland lemonade stand runs into health inspectors, needs $120 license to operat

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    This entire issue is due to idiotic bureaucracy, not Liberalism. The child's lemonade stand is a staple of classic American culture. The fact that this particular one was shut down because they didn't have a proper license comes down to government officials having nothing better to do with their time. However, leave it to certain hyper-partisan posters here to milk the feigned outrage udder for all it's worth by pointing the finger at Liberalism. I think most of us can agree, across political lines, that this shouldn't have happened and that these government officials should shift their focus to issues that actually require attention.

    I believe it is helpful to point out the idiocy in this over zealous bully bureaucrat, because these are the jobs Obama is creating.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #123
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Portland lemonade stand runs into health inspectors, needs $120 license to operat

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I believe it is helpful to point out the idiocy in this over zealous bully bureaucrat, because these are the jobs Obama is creating.


    j-mac
    Oh, so it's Obama's fault because he is creating the job position of overzealous bully bureaucrat? You know, you are probably right. In fact, I'm willing to bet he hired this very person just so they could shut down the lemonade stand. Obama is notorious in his hatred for lemonade stands and sustains himself from the tears of little girls. It's good for the skin.

  4. #124
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715

    Re: Portland lemonade stand runs into health inspectors, needs $120 license to operat

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    Well, you're wrong. People don't go back to inspect such things - the government sends inspectors to do such things, and the people trust those inspectors. And there are flaws with that, I will readily agree with you.

    However, it is better to have such a licensing requirement so inspectors can be sent than not having them. The more often a place does unlawful health practices, the more likely an inspector will find out and shut them down. So while it's not perfect, places that are blatantly unsafe about health regulations get shut down while those who do engage in safe practices are allowed to continue operation.
    Goooooood lord. Seriously? Children have been running lemonade stands since there were lemons...but they should be regulated? Kids have been mowing lawns since we started having lawns...nope...lets get those conniving 7 year old bastards a license.

    Seriously?

    As I mentioned on a previous post...you dont really want to know what happens to your food at those licensed fast food joints...

  5. #125
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Portland lemonade stand runs into health inspectors, needs $120 license to operat

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Goooooood lord. Seriously? Children have been running lemonade stands since there were lemons...but they should be regulated? Kids have been mowing lawns since we started having lawns...nope...lets get those conniving 7 year old bastards a license.

    Seriously?

    As I mentioned on a previous post...you dont really want to know what happens to your food at those licensed fast food joints...
    Exactly. It's not as if a license suddenly makes everything a-ok. It was nothing more than idiotic bureaucratic nonsense.

  6. #126
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715

    Re: Portland lemonade stand runs into health inspectors, needs $120 license to operat

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Exactly. It's not as if a license suddenly makes everything a-ok. It was nothing more than idiotic bureaucratic nonsense.
    And for the life of me i dont see why people cant just see it as such. why do we have to rush to invoke the name of Obama or wade in to defend government beauracracy? Sometimes stupid **** is just stupid ****...

  7. #127
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Portland lemonade stand runs into health inspectors, needs $120 license to operat

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    I was being serious.

    And I'm not against a kid making some money. And no, I don't think kids should get taxed when they go mow lawns. But I do think it would be helpful to require them, if they're under a certain age, to purchase a cheap business license, about $5, in order to operate. Once they pay that license they should then get a pamphlet that lists any responsibilities they may have in performing their business, if any.

    I don't see what's wrong with that. What's wrong with having a kid who is trying to make a profit be made aware of and educated of any laws they may be liable for despite being a child?

    If a kid is going to have a lemonade stand, what's wrong with giving her a pamphlet on basic health and safety procedures for preparation of foods and drinks? If a kid is going to mow lawns, what's wrong with giving him a pamphlet on good safety measures, such as proper eye-wear?

    Accidents don't care if it's a kid doing this stuff. Litigation doesn't care if it's a kid doing this stuff. What's wrong with requiring a $5 child business license that in the purchase of it will provide educational materials for the child on how to operate whatever they're doing in a manner safe to them as well as their customers?
    ARGGGG..... Why can't kids just be allowed to be kids! I'd hate to be kid these days.

  8. #128
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Portland lemonade stand runs into health inspectors, needs $120 license to operat

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    No, I don't. But then again a roadside lemonade stand may not be the only business a child may try to start in. There are also kids who try to mow lawns for some money. I think the dangers of a child operating a machine designed to turn sharpened blades at high speed is pretty apparent.
    You're acting like kids who sell lemonade or mow lawns will be doing these things all on their own without a parent or gaurdians blessings. Don't parents have any rights anymore when it comes to raising their kids?
    Today my parents would have been arrested for half the things they let me do when I was a kid.

  9. #129
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,324

    Re: Portland lemonade stand runs into health inspectors, needs $120 license to operat

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Oh, so it's Obama's fault because he is creating the job position of overzealous bully bureaucrat? You know, you are probably right. In fact, I'm willing to bet he hired this very person just so they could shut down the lemonade stand. Obama is notorious in his hatred for lemonade stands and sustains himself from the tears of little girls. It's good for the skin.

    Oh such biting sarcasm Pat, I don't think I shall ever recover......give me a break. Both sides have increased government over the past decades, and now is the time we must say enough! To ignore it is foolish IMHO.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #130
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Portland lemonade stand runs into health inspectors, needs $120 license to operat

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Oh such biting sarcasm Pat, I don't think I shall ever recover......give me a break. Both sides have increased government over the past decades, and now is the time we must say enough! To ignore it is foolish IMHO.

    j-mac
    If both sides are guilty of this, then why focus on Obama?

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •