Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 91

Thread: Senate to confirm Kagan as court's 4th-ever woman

  1. #61
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Senate to confirm Kagan as court's 4th-ever woman

    COMPLAINT FILED AGAINST
    KAGAN AT SUPREME COURT
    Judicial Watch Founder Asks High Court to Disbar Her for
    Falsifying “Evidence” It Relied Upon To Strike Down
    Partial Birth Abortion Legislation
    Klayman Also Calls for Criminal Referral to Justice Department
    (Washington, DC, July 29, 2010). Larry Klayman, the founder of Judicial Watch and now Freedom Watch public interest law groups, today filed a complaint before the U.S. Supreme Court, asking that the high court disbar Elena Kagan.

    Kagan, while she was an Associate White House Counsel in the Clinton administration, falsified an expert medical report, prepared by the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG). In this report, ACOG had originally found that partial birth abortion was in fact not medically necessary to save the life of a woman, but Kagan changed the report’s finding to say that it was an appropriate procedure under some circumstances. This report was then relied upon by the U.S. Supreme Court in striking down legislation banning partial birth abortion.

    In filing the complaint this morning, Klayman issued the following statement:

    “Elena Kagan, a nominee to the U.S. Supreme Court, has defrauded the U.S. Supreme Court. As a result, her membership to practice before the Court should be revoked and the matter referred to the Criminal Division of the Justice Department. How, then can Ms. Kagan be confirmed by the U.S. Senate for a seat on the high court, when in reality she should not even be allowed to practice in front of it?

    The rules of legal ethics require her disbarment and I intend to pursue it, to set an example that prospective and sitting judges, or anyone in the legal profession or otherwise, are not above the law.”

    Klayman represents the Declaration Alliance, a national non-partisan advocacy and social welfare organization. The details of Ms. Kagan’s misconduct can be found in a report prepared by the Americans United for Life Action, see http://www.aul.org/featured-images/K...ics-Report.pdf
    Declaration Alliance

    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

  2. #62
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Senate to confirm Kagan as court's 4th-ever woman

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Wow, 44 percent already? LOL

    Another abortion of an appointment by the party of Al Franken. Dems will vote for anything.
    Two bits says that more Republicans voted for Sarah Palin than voted for Al Franken.

  3. #63
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:56 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,294
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Senate to confirm Kagan as court's 4th-ever woman

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    This will go as far as the birther crap went...nowhere.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #64
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Senate to confirm Kagan as court's 4th-ever woman

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    This will go as far as the birther crap went...nowhere.
    why would anyone who doesn't know about robt bork share his or her opinions?

    it's like a 4th grader chiming in on calculus

  5. #65
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Senate to confirm Kagan as court's 4th-ever woman

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    This will go as far as the birther crap went...nowhere.
    You are such a hack....... did you read this? http://www.aul.org/featured-images/K...ics-Report.pdf Of course not.......
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

  6. #66
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Senate to confirm Kagan as court's 4th-ever woman

    Second Document Has Kagan Defending Clinton Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Veto

    A newly-produced document today from the Clinton archives is the second to show Supreme Court nominee Elena Kagan defending ex-President Bill Clinton's veto of a bill to ban partial-birth abortions. The memo, and others, may increase Republican opposition to her nomination.

    In one of the documents that comprises the 46,000 pages of material the William J. Clinton Presidential Library released today, Kagan opined on the ban for Clinton as an attorney with the administration's Office of Domestic Policy.

    In a February 27, 1997 memo to top White House staff, Kagan referred to the startling admission from Ron Fitzsimmons, at the time the executive director of the National Coalition of Abortion Providers.

    The debate then had been on whether the partial-birth abortion procedure was done for health reasons for the mother or essentially on healthy unborn children for elective reasons only.

    Leading pro-abortion groups like Planned Parenthood and NARAL made claims that flew in the face of medical practice by saying the three-day-long abortion procedure would somehow be able to save a woman's life in a life-threatening medical circumstance.

    Fitzsimmons signed on to that mantra but eventually relented, saying he "lied through my teeth" about the statistics and supposed reasons for the abortion procedure.

    According to CNN, the new memo showed Kagan advising Clinton, saying it "it would be a great mistake to challenge" Fitzsimmons' statements given how embarrassing they were for abortion advocates.

    "The president's position today remains what it has always been," Kagan added, defending Clinton's veto in the face of the admission, "that he will sign a bill banning partial-birth abortions, but only if it has an exception that will protect those women -- even if few in number -- who need this procedure to save their lives or prevent serious harm to their health."

    The Supreme Court, in 2007, eventually affirmed the constitutionality of a national partial-birth abortion ban that contained no health exception and said one was not needed.
    cnn's version of the same story: Kagan documents reveal pragmatic approach on abortion controversy - CNN.com

    michael kinsley's slate recounts mr fitzsimmons tortured confession: Abortion Apostate - By Franklin Foer - Slate Magazine

  7. #67
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:56 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,294
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Senate to confirm Kagan as court's 4th-ever woman

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    You are such a hack....... did you read this? http://www.aul.org/featured-images/K...ics-Report.pdf Of course not.......
    I would prefer to go to non hack sites for information: SCOTUSblog » Agog about ACOG

    Finally, I contacted the person who was the head of ACOG at the time – Dr. Frederic Frigoletto – who confirmed my understanding of the relevant events.

    Based on that review, I think the strong claim against Kagan is clearly wrong. There is considerable evidence (I think overwhelming evidence) that ACOG’s stated position – that there are times when Intact D&X is medically indicated – reflected its own expert medical conclusion, not the views of Kagan or the Clinton Administration.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #68
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Senate to confirm Kagan as court's 4th-ever woman


  9. #69
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:56 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,294
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Senate to confirm Kagan as court's 4th-ever woman

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    why would anyone who doesn't know about robt bork share his or her opinions?

    it's like a 4th grader chiming in on calculus
    Here, since this is obviously going over your head, and you keep building a mindless straw man, let me be very clear. I never once claimed to not know who Bork is, or what happened to him. You can find this out by doing something as simple as reading. You will also discover that I do not know if that is where it started. Nothing you have said has anything to do with that, or with what I said.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #70
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Senate to confirm Kagan as court's 4th-ever woman

    ncap's fitzsimmons: "i lied thru my teeth"

    white house counselor ms kagan: "it would be a great mistake to challenge fitzsimmons"

    she's speaking politically, i presume

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •