Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 91

Thread: Senate to confirm Kagan as court's 4th-ever woman

  1. #21
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,564

    Re: Senate to confirm Kagan as court's 4th-ever woman

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Your are not blaming them, you are just blaming them. Got it.
    your evasions and diversions are funny

    do you admit or deny that it was the dems who started the game of voting against people who were qualified because they didn't like the candidate's politics.

    do you admit or deny that John Roberts was clearly well qualified-based in experience, education and honesty to be a USSC justice yet many dems voted against him based on their view he would be a "conservative" justice.



  2. #22
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:34 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Senate to confirm Kagan as court's 4th-ever woman

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    your evasions and diversions are funny

    do you admit or deny that it was the dems who started the game of voting against people who were qualified because they didn't like the candidate's politics.

    do you admit or deny that John Roberts was clearly well qualified-based in experience, education and honesty to be a USSC justice yet many dems voted against him based on their view he would be a "conservative" justice.
    I do not know where it started actually.

    I do agree Roberts was qualified.

    I also know that you are blaming others for the actions of the current republicans.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #23
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Senate to confirm Kagan as court's 4th-ever woman

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    You can't get much more activist than the Roberts court that ruled in the Citizens United case. Multinational corportations can spend vast amounts cash to influence elections. Fascism is coming to American...
    I can see how that would bother you but it only levels the playing field when you figure the dems have the unions in their back pocket.......
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  4. #24
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,564

    Re: Senate to confirm Kagan as court's 4th-ever woman

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I do not know where it started actually.

    I do agree Roberts was qualified.

    I also know that you are blaming others for the actions of the current republicans.
    the current republicans did the right thing.

    they voted against a person who was far less qualified than Roberts and Alito. Since the people who proposed Kagan voted against Roberts and Alito the GOP were correct to vote against a far less qualifed person



  5. #25
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Senate to confirm Kagan as court's 4th-ever woman

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    So you admit they were chosen because they sit to pee not for their qualifications... well at least you are honest.
    I hope they don't have to make any decision when they are flying Bravo....
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  6. #26
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,564

    Re: Senate to confirm Kagan as court's 4th-ever woman

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I can see how that would bother you but it only levels the playing field when you figure the dems have the unions in their back pocket.......
    can you find something in the constitution that empowers congress to place such limits on people (using a corporation) spending money on political speech?

    I sure as hell cannot



  7. #27
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:34 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Senate to confirm Kagan as court's 4th-ever woman

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    the current republicans did the right thing.

    they voted against a person who was far less qualified than Roberts and Alito. Since the people who proposed Kagan voted against Roberts and Alito the GOP were correct to vote against a far less qualifed person
    So again, the reason to do what they did was because of other people.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #28
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,564

    Re: Senate to confirm Kagan as court's 4th-ever woman

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So again, the reason to do what they did was because of other people.
    wrong-when the standards are changed you have to play the game under the new rules.


    and you want to ignore the fact that was the dems that politicized judicial selections

    from the Borking of Bork to the disgraceful racist obstruction of Estrada--a man that ALL FOUR FORMER DEM SOLICITOR GENERALS endorsed for the bench and a man who got the ABA's TOP RATING



  9. #29
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:34 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Senate to confirm Kagan as court's 4th-ever woman

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    wrong-when the standards are changed you have to play the game under the new rules.


    and you want to ignore the fact that was the dems that politicized judicial selections

    from the Borking of Bork to the disgraceful racist obstruction of Estrada--a man that ALL FOUR FORMER DEM SOLICITOR GENERALS endorsed for the bench and a man who got the ABA's TOP RATING
    I am not denying anything. You are denying that people are responsible for their own actions. Typical conservative strategy...talk about personal responsibility for every one but themselves.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #30
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,564

    Re: Senate to confirm Kagan as court's 4th-ever woman

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I am not denying anything. You are denying that people are responsible for their own actions. Typical conservative strategy...talk about personal responsibility for every one but themselves.
    you act as if I think what the GOP did was wrong

    I urged my GOP senator to vote against Kagan.

    its called payback

    some dem clown on another board claimed that Roberts' opinions meant less than RBG's because Roberts got less votes (the clown forgot that Scalia was a perfect 98-0 IIRC). so using that, I am glad that Kagan didn't get anywhere near the numbers that some others did.



Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •