Page 99 of 189 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 990 of 1882

Thread: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

  1. #981
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Your point?
    Just pointing out marriage may not make gays happy.They keep talking about what they gain and avoid looking at what they lose

  2. #982
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    I didn't because Redress knows full well what my position is on the subject, and rather than derail the thread any further, I decided to refrain. The comprehension comment is legitimate, since Redress does not comprehend my viewpoint as even valid.

    Carry on..


    Tim-
    It is entirely possible to comprehend an argument and still fundamentally disagree with it.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #983
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    That doesn't answer my question
    i'm afraid barry's doj answered you directly

    ie, the dept doesn't share your views

    psst---barry's not one of us

  4. #984
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Just pointing out marriage may not make gays happy.They keep talking about what they gain and avoid looking at what they lose
    If it is so bad, then why get in their way?

  5. #985
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Exactly like straights - but we get to make the decision for ourselves.

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Just pointing out marriage may not make gays happy.They keep talking about what they gain and avoid looking at what they lose

  6. #986
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Marriage is based on mutual consent. Children cannot consent. Therefore your argument is moot.
    Are teenagers children? some states have teenagers able to marry

  7. #987
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    No, the federal Constitution rules over the majority, and the federal Constitution protects the Constitutional rights of the minority.
    And marriage, being a privilege granted by the state, has what to do with that?

  8. #988
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    It is entirely possible to comprehend an argument and still fundamentally disagree with it.
    Yes I know, I am being deliberately facetious.

    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  9. #989
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    He is a conservative judge. Do try and keep up...
    Really?
    I saw that he had his own same-sex marriage waiting for him.
    Why didnt he recuse himself?

  10. #990
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    Same reason blacks should have been allowed to marry whites. Despite the fact that you can't have 4 wives.
    Again for the thousand time, Blacks are a race of people....They can't change that.........Gays are a class of people defined by their sexual preference..............They can and have done that..........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •