Page 66 of 189 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast
Results 651 to 660 of 1882

Thread: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

  1. #651
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I think most of us who are against allowing any class of people defined by their sexual preference would go along with Civil Unions with full benefits but sadly this is not really about Gay Marriage or Civil Unions.........Its about "Feel Good Liberals" and a few militant Gays shoving gay rights down out throats and trying to get acceptance of the gay lifestyle the same as the straight lifestyle and that will never happen.............
    Yeah, which is why the margin between people who support gay marriage and people who are against it is so narrow. You really are an optimist.

  2. #652
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,205

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Well since you're not providing me with anything to argue with, how else can I respond? You said you tolerate eveyone and everything so loing as someones else personal rights are not violated. I don't believe you, but I can't prove you wrong, thus the debate stops there. If you tolerate everyone and everything, then I have no argument, if however, you are like.. Oh everyone else, then surely you have some prejudices yourself, wehtehr it be actions, behaviors, or jay walking. Like everyone else, we tolerate everything up until it reaches a point where we ourselves feel closed in. I think that's what you really meant to say, but I don't know for sure, and as a result, unless you have something more honest to discuss, I bid you a farwell on the matter.


    Tim-
    You can't argue because you tried to engage in a "Gotcha" game that doesn't apply. So much for trying to make me look silly....it is in fact you that is running away with your tail between your legs.

    Hey...I may not like a lot of things. I don't like right-wing bigots, although they have a right to voice their opinion.
    I used to work for the ACLU and we represented a lot of people who's views I disagreed with, but absolutely supported their right to say and live them.

    However, the rights of an individual end when they begin to infringe on the rights of another.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  3. #653
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,205

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I think most of us who are against allowing any class of people defined by their sexual preference would go along with Civil Unions with full benefits but sadly this is not really about Gay Marriage or Civil Unions.........Its about "Feel Good Liberals" and a few militant Gays shoving gay rights down out throats and trying to get acceptance of the gay lifestyle the same as the straight lifestyle and that will never happen.............
    Sorry....but you can take your "I can't believe its not butter" and shove it.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  4. #654
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Yeah, which is why the margin between people who support gay marriage and people who are against it is so narrow. You really are an optimist.
    There is nothing narrow about an 0-31 record of popular vote.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  5. #655
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    01-11-18 @ 03:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I'd be happy to engage you in an equal protection debate, but I suspect that you have no clue what you are talking about based on the glaring evidence of it in your earlier posts.

    List the three levels of equal protection analysis to show me you know what you are talking about and then I would happily debate you. But I'm not wasting my time unless you can show that you meet the minimum educational level to debate the issue.
    Spoken, like not only a true lawyer, but a liberal one at that.

    You started it, now provide your argument and I will respond. If you choose not to use your power of intellectualism over this poor soul, then I'm fine with that as well. I have no ego to bruise. But I will refuse to debate people that say, ok, well "prove me right". I've dealt with a few of your kind before.

    Put up or shut up is a term you should be familar with.

    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  6. #656
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,416

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    There is nothing narrow about an 0-31 record of popular vote.
    That means crap. Nice try though.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  7. #657
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Well, at least you are laughing at your own jokes. Don't you have better things to do like take lyrics from classic songs and re-word them to bash Obama and then post them in the entertainment forum so you can get a kick out of your own gut-busting humor?
    would that make me a person of ILK?

    cuz i do so want to ADVANCE the discussion

    gotta ADVANCE the discussion, y'know

  8. #658
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,157

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    I'm wondering why the hell the gubberment has it's nose in it in the first place. Marriage, and issues as such, should be left up to the churches, and in the secular arena, two consenting adults.

    Today's whackos might think it's a liberal victory but I think Goldwater is probably doing handstands as true conservatism has risen again. Government has no place mandating in matters of the heart and morals of the masses.
    I would 100% agree with you. To be honest, I think the real solution is to get rid of the marriage license. The "benefits" which you get through the marriage license can be offered in separate contracts. Cause after all things like hospital visitation or guardianship or kids or any of the stuff that comes with the marriage license, an individual should be able to freely assign. But good luck getting the government to give up the marriage license. And so long as the marriage license exists as a state granted and recognized contract; you can't exclude the gays.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #659
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    I know I have the same rights, because I'm already married. If you are all consenting, why shouldn't you be allowed to have 4 wives?
    well we will see what happens to your gay marrriage if this is overturned...........
    Last edited by Navy Pride; 08-05-10 at 12:49 PM.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  10. #660
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    zero to thirty one means nothing...

    LOL!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •