Page 62 of 189 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast
Results 611 to 620 of 1882

Thread: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

  1. #611
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    People's personal rights shouldn't be up for vote by the majority.

    rights are one thing, privileges are another...............
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  2. #612
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    That's not my job and it would take too long. However, it is obvious from your post that you do not understand the difference. The easy answer is that State Courts resolve State issues interpreting the state Constitution. Federal Courts deal with issues interpreting the Federal Constitution. State Constitutions can differ substantially from the Federal Constitution. That's a pretty basic lesson.
    hehe.. Yep that's what I thought. Dude I said nothing that conflicts with this.. LOL


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  3. #613
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    I can't speak for others, but I personally don't hate Palin, Beck or their fans.
    fascinating

    are you gonna be on cnn?

  4. #614
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Dude, you keep saying things, like "you're wrong" But when I ask you why, you're response is tantamount to, "just because"..

    Come on, show me the money... Oh brilliant one.


    Tim-
    I already explained.....DOH!

    The equal protection clause does not require you to be a suspect class. Do you understand Equal protection analysis and the various levels of scrutiny that the court uses?
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  5. #615
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    rights are one thing, privileges are another...............
    Homosexuals being afforded the same rights of marriage like heterosexuals is hardly a privelege. Why should people be discriminated against simply because they have a different sexual orientation? Just because you and your ilk find it icky and immoral?

  6. #616
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    The celebration will continue Navy. You are on the losing end of this battle. You lose time and again in the Constitution and you are slowly losing the battle in the public forum. 10 years ago, gay marriage was widely rejected by public opinion....today its about even. Your old ideas and prejudism are dying out with your generation Navy. ITs a new morning in America. Wake up.
    That is what you said about DADT and Hussein has put that on the back burner.............
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  7. #617
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Dav View Post
    You can enter a marriage contract with a dude whenever you want. The question is whether or not the government will recognize it.
    No, I could go through some ceremony called marriage, I could say I'm married. But the contract in question, the Marriage License; I could not have.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #618
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    rights are one thing, privileges are another...............
    and the Constitution applies to both.....do you not understand that?
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  9. #619
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    People's personal rights shouldn't be up for vote by the majority.
    Why not? If due process is followed, why not?


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  10. #620
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Homosexuals being afforded the same rights of marriage like heterosexuals is hardly a privelege. Why should people be discriminated against simply because they have a different sexual orientation? Just because you and your ilk find it icky and immoral?
    You already have the same rights. you want a special right...............Hell I can't have 4 wives, why should you be allowed to marry your boyfriend............
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •