Page 27 of 189 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 1882

Thread: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

  1. #261
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    cheney presumably supports this ruling

    obama's a coward

    it is what it is

    congrats, friends and neighbors of all persuasions

    have a good one, mary

  2. #262
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    That your opinion but gays are demanding the be accepted as normal GLSEN is doing that
    And guess what. If you don't accept it, you ain't gonna be thrown in jail. There ain't **** they can do about it. Just like there ain't **** you can justly do to prevent same sex marriage.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #263
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    I don't care if you call all gay people faggot, sons of Dorthy and absolutely hate them.
    I don't care if you accept them personally but legally we have to because that is justice.

    The fact is people are allowed to have parades, gay or not.
    People are allowed to associate with other people that are similar to them.

    That is the Constitution as written.
    Now you can try to rewrite it but I'll be against that as well.
    I resent you putting words in my mouth I have not said any of that. Is that how you show hate to those that disagree with you?

  4. #264
    Guru
    Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    02-13-17 @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,962

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Why? And the homosexual movement is imposing their morality upon others. If anything, the fact that homosexuality is not marriage because it is unnatural and unfit for procreation is enough to prevent it from equality with real marriage.
    Marriage is not about procreation for everyone, it is about a union of people. My sister and brother-in-law have tried to have children but cannot. Is their marriage any less moral than any other?
    "Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." -Ronald Reagan

  5. #265
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,359

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Why? And the homosexual movement is imposing their morality upon others. If anything, the fact that homosexuality is not marriage because it is unnatural and unfit for procreation is enough to prevent it from equality with real marriage.
    Wrong. Marriage is a legal partnership, not a religious institution in the US. Yes there can be religious ceremony, but there really pointless in regards to the law. Gay marriage proponents are not pushing their morality on you, if they were they would be forcing you to get a gay marriage. But there not, they just want to be equal under the law. The fact is that there is no non religious argument against gay marriage, so please if you don't agree with gay marriage, don't get one, but don't deny the rights of others.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  6. #266
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    cheney presumably supports this ruling

    obama's a coward

    it is what it is

    congrats, friends and neighbors of all persuasions

    have a good one, mary
    I think we are having a good one. Not even your mindless rants about Obama can derail the good mood we have.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #267
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Ok first you claim the constitution does not apply to the states

    Now you are claiming that the government has no power to tax nonprofits

    Where are you getting your legal ideas from?
    Non profits are tax exempt

  8. #268
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Why? And the homosexual movement is imposing their morality upon others. If anything, the fact that homosexuality is not marriage because it is unnatural and unfit for procreation is enough to prevent it from equality with real marriage.
    The only people forcing their lifestyle on me are Evanglical Christians. I've not yet had someone knock on my door and give me a brochure to become gay. I have, however, had several different denominations of Christians try to convert me to their way of life.

    Further, I'm not aware of "gay camps" where you can send your straight kid to gay him up; whereas, I know that there are multiple camps for scaring the gay out of kids with Jesus and threats of damnation.

    So, who forces their lifestyle upon whom?

  9. #269
    Guru
    Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    02-13-17 @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,962

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    And Scalia has stated that gay rights could win if they came in as a 14th Amendment issue.

    Done and done.
    This is an interesting statement. Where and when did Scalia state this? In Lawrence vs. Texas, O'Connor decided her vote in favor of gay rights based on the Equal Protection Clause of the 14th Amendment. Scalia did not sign on to that.

    If you have any more information on this, I would like to see it.
    "Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." -Ronald Reagan

  10. #270
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    They certainly can if they want.
    There is nothing preventing them.
    They would have to change the law and that would create them problems

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •