Page 182 of 189 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 1882

Thread: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

  1. #1811
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    It must really stick in the craw of you lefties that uour hero Hussien Obama won't say he is for Gay Marriage......
    What does Obama The President of the United States have to do with this ruling?
    Last edited by winston53660; 08-09-10 at 09:31 PM.

  2. #1812
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    1) Obama is not mine, nor most of the liberals on this boards hero. This is a lie you keep trying to spread.

    2) He is perfectly capable of being wrong, just as you and I are. I think he is wrong on gay marriage. I am no more upset about it than I am that you are wrong on gay marriage.
    From what I have seen "Most Feel Good Liberals" believe is the second coming and can do no wrong........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  3. #1813
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:02 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Of course he didn't because he had a singular goal in mind.
    You are making an assumption based on zero facts. His singular goal might have been to rule properly.

    I can not rationally say? Are you not injecting your own opinion of what is rational? Why? Where are there age limits under the equal protection clause?
    Levels of Scrutiny Under the Equal Protection Clause

    Learn how the EPC works. Tell me where age and numbers fit on the list. Gender is under middle tier scrutiny. Further ask if restricting age in marriage might, like many other restrictions on age, meet some of those levels of scrutiny.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #1814
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    What does Obama The President of the United States with this ruling?
    He said he was glad prop 8 was overturned and has said he is against gay marriage and for civil unions..........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  5. #1815
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    No substantial or rational interest in allowing them? LOL Since when was your personal opinion of what is ration or substantial count as law? This is what is so pathetic in your argument. You can't discriminate against other lifestyles without injecting what you think is substantial or rational

    Nowhere in the equal protection clause states that a finding my CT or any other poster can exclude other alternative lifestyles based on their own feelings on what is substantial or rational interest
    You misunderstand. Scrutiny is based on Supreme Court precedent, not on the Constitution. It sets the parameters of the Equal Protection Clause. In other words...

    "Legislation frequently involves making classifications that either advantage or disadvantage one group of persons, but not another. States allow 20-year-olds to drive, but don't let 12-year-olds drive. Indigent single parents receive government financial aid that is denied to millionaires. Obviously, the Equal Protection Clause cannot mean that government is obligated to treat all persons exactly the same--only, at most, that it is obligated to treat people the same if they are "similarly circumstanced."

    Over recent decades, the Supreme Court has developed a three-tiered approach to analysis under the Equal Protection Clause."

    Levels of Scrutiny Under the Equal Protection Clause

    As I said before, for laws to be deemed unconstitutional under the Equal Protection Clause they have to pass scrutiny. Scrutiny requires that evidence be presented, showing that there is a compelling state interest. In order for polygamists, pedophiles, and zoophiles to have marriage that fits their situations, they need to demonstrate with evidence to the courts that the laws that prohibit them from such do not serve a compelling state interest and are not substantial or rational.

    Now if you want to argue that the government is obligated to treat all persons exactly the same under the Equal Protections Clause and that polygamy should be accepted even though you present no evidence that it supports a state interest, as you are required to do under Supreme Court precedent, then feel free. If you make that argument, then it is not supported by precedent, law, evidence, or even reason. It is only your personal opinion and willful ignorance of the limitations of scrutiny that the Supreme Court has placed on the Equal Protection Clause so that the government is, at most, only obligated to treat people the same if they are "similarly circumstanced."
    Last edited by CriticalThought; 08-09-10 at 09:47 PM.

  6. #1816
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:02 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Again its not being homosexual, its the sin or sex act they participate in...Christians are taught to hate the act or the sin and love the sinner.............
    This post has a complete lack of links or numbers to prove your claim Navy. Are you going to duck out on proving yet another claim?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #1817
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:02 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    From what I have seen "Most Feel Good Liberals" believe is the second coming and can do no wrong........
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #1818
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    From what I have seen "Most Feel Good Liberals" believe is the second coming and can do no wrong........
    So when in doubt go off topic and spout Obama rhetoric.

    BTW I don't exactly see Obama appointing anti gay judges to the SCOTUS.

  9. #1819
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    They are Christians. I'm not talking about snake handlers (although they call themselves the same). Not radicals, just the usual Moral Majority suspects.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I said Christians...

  10. #1820
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Which does not address your claim that "most people" consider it deviant.
    I am sorry you don't believe that but if you took a poll of Christians you would find that is the case........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •