Page 178 of 189 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 1882

Thread: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

  1. #1771
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    I'll say it again real slow just for you. the Equal protection clause has no age limit. How is that so hard for you to understand?



    What have I made up? Produce it.
    Prove to me that pedophiles and polygamists are now able to get married. Find me the legal proof that those restrictions were overturned, because it is presently against the law to tell a woman she can't marry a woman based on the 14th Amendment clause protecting the rights of people based on gender?

    And you'll note that AGE isn't a part of it; which means it's Constitutional to discriminate based on age (in certain cases).

    That's the point that you fail to get.

    You are making up that polygamists and pedohpiles can now marry. It's not true and the overturning of Prop. 8 doesn't suddenly mean they can win if they challenge. You're making a leap of logic and for the life of me, I can't figure out why you're doing it.

    Nothing you've been saying here makes any sense whatsoever.

    And as to the answer of your last question: just about everything.

  2. #1772
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Exactly. Just as gay marriage is outlawed in over 25 states.
    Not for long.

  3. #1773
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,127

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    I'll say it again real slow just for you. the Equal protection clause has no age limit. How is that so hard for you to understand?
    Since you aren't going to cut this bull, I guess I'll have to give you a history lesson.

    In Craig versus Boren (1976) the Supreme Court established the perameters of the Equal Protection Clause called, "scrutiny".

    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    The Supreme Court has defined these levels of scrutiny in the following way:

    * Strict scrutiny (if the law categorizes on the basis of race or national origin or infringes a fundamental right): the law is unconstitutional unless it is "narrowly tailored" to serve a "compelling" government interest. In addition, there cannot be a "less restrictive" alternative available to achieve that compelling interest.
    * Intermediate scrutiny (if the law categorizes on the basis of sex): the law is unconstitutional unless it is "substantially related" to an "important" government interest.[20]
    * Rational-basis test (if the law categorizes on some other basis): the law is constitutional so long as it is "reasonably related" to a "legitimate" government interest.
    Now how would polygamy fall within the test of scrutiny?

  4. #1774
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,127

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Actually it was over when the findings found a greater risk factor for gay men than any other group. How you continue to miss this is really quite strange.
    It's a greater risk factor for anyone who practices unprotected anal sex with multiple partners. Gays simply engage in that risky behavior more than any other population.

  5. #1775
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    I'll say it again real slow just for you. the Equal protection clause has no age limit.
    It doesn't need one.

    How are children not getting equal protection? Every child is protected by the state from being forced into an adult relationship and/or contract. = Equal protection for every minor.

    You don't understand the legal definition of class. Children (minors) are not in the same age "class" as adults.

  6. #1776
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    I'll say it again real slow just for you. the Equal protection clause has no age limit. How is that so hard for you to understand?
    Well voting does and that is Constitutional sooooo what is your point?

  7. #1777
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    General observation actually.


    There was no necessity for that since at the beginning, marriage wasn't a government contract. It was left to the churches. And if it were still that way, I'd probably be agreeing with you.
    But since it isn't and since this judge used the equal protection clause as justification how can you possibly exclude any other group from asking for marriage "rights" under the same claim?
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  8. #1778
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    Prove to me that pedophiles and polygamists are now able to get married. Find me the legal proof that those restrictions were overturned, because it is presently against the law to tell a woman she can't marry a woman based on the 14th Amendment clause protecting the rights of people based on gender?
    There hasn't been a case since this judge just ruled that the equal protection clause includes marriage. What part of that don't you understand?

    And you'll note that AGE isn't a part of it; which means it's Constitutional to discriminate based on age (in certain cases).
    AGE isn't excluded either. How could you exclude age if they don't mention it being excluded under the equal protection clause? Explain that.

    That's the point that you fail to get.

    You are making up that polygamists and pedohpiles can now marry. It's not true and the overturning of Prop. 8 doesn't suddenly mean they can win if they challenge. You're making a leap of logic and for the life of me, I can't figure out why you're doing it.

    Nothing you've been saying here makes any sense whatsoever.
    Only because you have no clue what the ruling was based on. Here's a hint: The equal protection clause which does not address marriage size or age. This judge if you were reading carefully stated marriage falls under this protection so if he can inject homosexual marriage as part of this clause, how could he exclude others when they too were not mentioned? I know you have to think about it for a bit but do try just once.

    And as to the answer of your last question: just about everything.
    I knew you couldn't be honest enough to produce examples. Thanks for staying predicatble.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  9. #1779
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    But since it isn't and since this judge used the equal protection clause as justification how can you possibly exclude any other group from asking for marriage "rights" under the same claim?
    BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT IN A PROTECTED CLASS AS GENDER IS.

    Okay. How many times does the answer have to be given to you before it sinks in?

    And I'm sorry I can't even acknowledge the post above this because none of it is even based in fact.

  10. #1780
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT IN A PROTECTED CLASS AS GENDER IS.
    GENDER IS RELEVANT IN ALL SEXUAL ORIENTATIONS.

    Tell us Film, where would gender NOT play a role in ANY sexual orientation??? Go ahead, I love a good laugh.

    Would you please pay attention just ONE time? Please? And answer ALL my questions. Quit cherry picking just because you think you can win something.
    Last edited by texmaster; 08-09-10 at 07:47 PM.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •