Page 165 of 189 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 1882

Thread: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

  1. #1641
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    So you can't. Got it.



    I'm not doing your job for you. Either quote the article directly or retract it.



    QUOTE THE STUDY Where is it?



    Yes you can. It just takes a little longer. If you don't want to be challenged by being lazy and telling people to read your pdf instead of pointing to the specific area then don't quote it at all. I've quoted PDFs and books online that had to be written out. Its not that hard.
    I gave you the study. If you're too ****ing lazy to actually read it like I did, that's not my problem hon. Keep your head in the sand for all I care, surely doesn't affect me any.


    What part is alluding you? Homosexual men engage in more anal sex per capita. The article shows that specfically. I'm still waiting for you to provide your proof that the much higher numbers of HIV infenction in homosexual men are the result of something other than anal sex.
    LOL You mean like... UNPROTECTED sex, perhaps?

  2. #1642
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    There is no proof for that because it's not true. The much higher numbers of HIV infection in homosexual men are irrefutably because more homosexual men engage in unprotected anal sex. Who's arguing otherwise? You're just arguing past each other. If that's what you believe, Tex, I agree with you.
    Not quite. This is the argument he is making that we disagree with...

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    The higher occurance of HIV in homosexuals, particularly male homosexuals, was to expose the fallacy of his argument by proving all sexual orientations have negatives and positives.
    He is saying that the fact that homosexuals have a higher occurance of HIV in the United States is proof of the fault of their sexual orientation.
    Last edited by CriticalThought; 08-09-10 at 01:11 PM.

  3. #1643
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Homosexuality is not the cause of HIV transmission. Risky behavior (unprotected anal intercourse) is one cause of HIV transmission.
    Not true. "Risky behavior" is no more a cause of HIV than homosexuality. Risky behavior is a correlate.

  4. #1644
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Not true. "Risky behavior" is no more a cause of HIV than homosexuality. Risky behavior is a correlate.
    Bull****.

    Risky behavior is the cause of HIV. Unprotected anal sex is the cause of HIV infections.

    Nobody is this thread, save you, is denying that fact.
    Last edited by CriticalThought; 08-09-10 at 01:18 PM.

  5. #1645
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Bull****.

    Risky behavior is the cause of HIV. Unprotected anal sex is the cause of HIV infections.
    LOL - Do you want to rethink that and retract?

  6. #1646
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    LOL - Do you want to rethink that and retract?
    No, I want to clarify. Tell me, which of these facts do you disagree with?

    1. Two gay men who are HIV negative and who are monogamous with each other can never give each other HIV no matter how much anal sex they have with one another.
    2. Having anal sex does not lead to HIV; having anal sex with someone who is infected with HIV can lead to HIV.
    3. Both homosexuals and heterosexuals practice anal sex.
    4. Both homosexuals and heterosexuals can practice bad judgment and engage in promiscuous, unprotected sex, thereby increasing their chances of coming in contact with someone infected with HIV.
    5. Both homosexuals and heterosexuals can practice good judgment and engage in monogamous sex, and refrain from unprotected sex until they know their partner is clean. If they do so, then regardless of their sexual orientation, they will not get or spread HIV.

  7. #1647
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Bull****.

    Risky behavior is the cause of HIV. Unprotected anal sex is the cause of HIV infections.

    Nobody is this thread, save you, is denying that fact.
    A better way to put it is this: risky sexual behavior CAN cause HIV. Not every time one engages in risky sexual behavior will one contract the disease. Nor will someone contract HIV every time they engage in risky behavior. However, because it is a behavior, there is a causational link between the two, abait a light one. For example, if you engage in risky sexual behavior and ARE HIV positive, your partner then contracting the disease would be caused by the risky sexual behavior that the two of you engaged in.
    Last edited by CaptainCourtesy; 08-09-10 at 01:26 PM.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #1648
    Cynical Optimist
    jambalaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Last Seen
    11-28-12 @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,481

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    It's semantics, isn't it? More homosexuals get HIV because more homosexuals engage in the risky behavior that causes it. Does that mean it's more likely for someone who's homosexual to get HIV? Yes. But it's not a result of their being homosexual.
    I still want someone to show me where anybody made that claim. Show me exactly where someone made the claim that anal sex has only to do with being homosexual. Srawman, strawman, strawman and more strawman as far as I can see.

  9. #1649
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    No, I want to clarify. Tell me, which of these facts do you disagree with?

    1. Two gay men who are HIV negative and who are monogamous with each other can never give each other HIV no matter how much anal sex they have with one another.
    2. Having anal sex does not lead to HIV; having anal sex with someone who is infected with HIV can lead to HIV.
    3. Both homosexuals and heterosexuals practice anal sex.
    4. Both homosexuals and heterosexuals can practice bad judgment and engage in promiscuous, unprotected sex, thereby increasing their chances of coming in contact with someone infected with HIV.
    5. Both homosexuals and heterosexuals can practice good judgment and engage in monogamous sex, and refrain from unprotected sex until they know their partner is clean. If they do so, then regardless of their sexual orientation, they will not get or spread HIV.
    I didn't read them carefully, but let's say you're correct on all accounts. Risky behavior does not CAUSE HIV it is only a correlate.

  10. #1650
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    A better way to put it is this: risky sexual behavior CAN cause HIV. Not every time one engages in risky sexual behavior will one contract the disease. Nor will someone contract HIV every time they engage in risky behavior. However, because it is a behavior, there is a causational link between the two, abait a light one.
    True. It is not impossible that an individual can engage in promiscuos, unprotected anal sex their whole life and never contract HIV. Therefore, I can't say say it causes HIV. However, engaging in that behavior puts an individual at a substantially higher risk of contracting HIV, so it isn't correlative. The behavior does effect the likelihood of contracting HIV even if it doesn't directly cause the HIV infection. So as you said, a light causational link.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •