Page 164 of 189 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 1882

Thread: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

  1. #1631
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by jambalaya View Post
    You are just trying to stretch a point to the breaking point to avoid using the term homosexual and anal sex together. Massive straw man argument going on here. Anal sex and gay males is just part of reality. To keep denying that is a little insane. I don't see anything in what I've read so far to support your exaggeration than he thinks homosexual behavior itself created the disease. You took the big leap to that conclusion.
    Yet another one who doesn't understand the difference between sexual orientation and sexual behavior. You all should form a club. Oh wait... I think you all are already in the same club.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #1632
    Cynical Optimist
    jambalaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Last Seen
    11-28-12 @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,481

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    What is your argument?

    The leading cause of HIV in the United States is promiscuous, unprotected anal sex. Men who have sex with men, as a population, are the most likely to practice promiscuous, unprotected anal sex and are therefore the most likely to get and spread the disease. However, if men who have sex with men do not engage in this risky behavior, then their risk of contracting HIV is no greater than the rest of the population. If they practice monogamy with a clean partner, then they will not get HIV.

    That is all I am arguing. Do you have a problem with that arugment?
    See bold. That is all I am saying. It is people like riverrat who exaggerates that I or anyone else is saying that anal sex is synonomous with homosexuality that accelerated the argument. I never said that and nobody else really did either that I could see.

  3. #1633
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by jambalaya View Post
    Nobody said it was synonymous. Argue points that people actually present. There would be a lot more hetero's engaging in anal sex of their partners would allow it. So what? I am sure you could present some context with those statistics but it wouldn't be very convenient for you.
    Really? Perhaps you should read what you write.

    Quote Originally Posted by jambalaya View Post
    You are just trying to stretch a point to the breaking point to avoid using the term homosexual and anal sex together.
    Either that's what you meant, or you might want to take a little more care with how you put sentences together.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #1634
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    I gave you a copy of the whole ****ing report in PDF format. I can't exactly quote a PDF, except to type it all out here letter by letter. And then, you're just going to say I made it up, or you'll go actually read the PDF and fnd the information yourself. Instead of wasting my time typing out what is already typed out in the PDF, I'll just let you read the ****ing thing yourself.
    So you can't. Got it.

    You might want to check out the section where they compare to previous surveys. In addition, you might want to notice at the top of each table where it explains what information is being presented.
    I'm not doing your job for you. Either quote the article directly or retract it.

    The two "wildly different numbers" have been averaged for both hetero and homosexuals. That seemed the fairest way to come up with an... average number. The report explains how and why those wildly different numbers came about. (due to survey methodology and the survey sampling.
    QUOTE THE STUDY Where is it?

    I can't quote a PDF. I gave you the PDF
    Yes you can. It just takes a little longer. If you don't want to be challenged by being lazy and telling people to read your pdf instead of pointing to the specific area then don't quote it at all. I've quoted PDFs and books online that had to be written out. Its not that hard.

    Explain what, exactly? That unprotected anal sex with HIV positive people is an extremely high risk activity regardless of the genders involved? Or that one's sexual orientation is completely separate from one's risk of contracting an STI?
    What part is alluding you? Homosexual men engage in more anal sex per capita. The article shows that specfically. I'm still waiting for you to provide your proof that the much higher numbers of HIV infenction in homosexual men are the result of something other than anal sex.


    The whole point is, there are more heterosexuals in the country. So of COURSE more heterosexuals engage in anal sex. The difference is, heterosexuals have a much larger pool of people with which to engage in sex WITH. The smaller the pool of people, the more rampant any disease is going to run within it. But one's sexual orientation is irrelevant to the activities that may or may not increase risk of transmission. What IS relevant is the type of sex involved, and if it's protected or not. Period. End of story.[/QUOTE]
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  5. #1635
    Cynical Optimist
    jambalaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Last Seen
    11-28-12 @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,481

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Yet another one who doesn't understand the difference between sexual orientation and sexual behavior. You all should form a club. Oh wait... I think you all are already in the same club.
    Wrong again. Making things up as you go along. But keep it up.

  6. #1636
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    It's semantics, isn't it? More homosexuals get HIV because more homosexuals engage in the risky behavior that causes it. Does that mean it's more likely for someone who's homosexual to get HIV? Yes. But it's not a result of their being homosexual.
    This is what many of us have been saying for a bit. tex doesn't seem to understand this concept.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #1637
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by jambalaya View Post
    Wrong again. Making things up as you go along. But keep it up.
    More denial. Let us know when you DO learn the difference. Context is important during discussions.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #1638
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,127

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    The higher occurance of HIV in homosexuals particularly male homosexuals was to expose the fallacy of his argument by proving all sexual orientations have negatives and positives.
    The higher occurance if HIV amoung gay men, not homosexuals in general (remember lesbians), is the result of gay men as a population being more likely to engage in a risky behavior. That behavior is promiscuous, unproteced anal sex. Just because gay men as a group are more likely to engage in a risky behavior doesn't mean that it is because they are gay that they engage in that behavior.

    In Africa, the situation is reversed. Tens of millions of heterosexuals are infected with HIV. A large contributing reason for that is because unprotected anal sex has been practiced as a form of birth control since contraceptives are not widely avaiable. Those people did not get HIV for being heterosexual anymore than the people in the United States got it for being homosexual. They got it from practicing a risky behavior.

    Furthermore, if your argument is that gays should be denied marriage because of their higher infection rates of HIV, then I think you might want to think that one through a bit more. Practiging monogamy with a clean partner is one of the surest ways to protect agaisnt HIV infection. Fighting HIV is an argument for gay marriage.

  9. #1639
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    that isn't the argument at all.

    Again for the 3,421 time the ONLY reason this was brought up was to expose the fallacy of CC's argument when he claimed he could deny marriage to groups based on positive and negative contributions to a society. The higher occurance of HIV in homosexuals particularly male homosexuals was to expose the fallacy of his argument by proving all sexual orientations have negatives and positives.

    That's when he began his mental gymnastics and got a few others to play along ignoring the evidence of the CDC report.
    Guess what tex? Your HIV argument has been shown to be invalid...as your arguments in this discussion always are. Since being homosexual does not cause HIV, nor does being homosexual, in and of itself, lead to having HIV, your position is refuted.

    Now, do you have anything of value to add to this discussiion, or are you going to continue to argue a debunked position?

    Oh, and one other thing. Polygamy isn't a sexual orientation. You STILL don't understand basic definitions that concern this issue.
    Last edited by CaptainCourtesy; 08-09-10 at 12:55 PM.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #1640
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    ....I'm still waiting for you to provide your proof that the much higher numbers of HIV infenction in homosexual men are the result of something other than anal sex.
    There is no proof for that because it's not true. The much higher numbers of HIV infection in homosexual men are irrefutably because more homosexual men engage in unprotected anal sex. Who's arguing otherwise? You're just arguing past each other. If that's what you believe, Tex, I agree with you.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •