Page 149 of 189 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 1882

Thread: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

  1. #1481
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    No, your analysis draws a conclusion from information that is unfounded. That is the problem with your analysis.



    Problem is that your analysis does not conclude what you are claiming. So categorizing it helps MY position. Now, if you want to do that, be my guest, but, based on how you have debated this issue, you're the one who needs help, not me.





    Good. So we agree. Orientation is irrelevant, behavior IS relevant. I appreciate the assistance, but I don't need it.





    I'm not doing that. What you are doing is taking a sample and making an invalid conclusion with it.



    No, it's not. You tried to eliminate data from lesbians... until you were called on it. You tried to make irrelevant data from heterosexuals... until you were called on it. You've been trying to manipulate statistics from the moment you started debating this issue.



    The difference is the word "responsible". That denotes cause. Either change the word, or you sentence is invalid, since you can't prove cause.



    Absolutely did, as I showed. Just saying "no it doesn't" is pretty weak debating.





    Now you are just lying. Here are your words: 'Therefore it is reasonable, and in fact completely conclusive that homosexuals, as a group, are a risk factor in contracting HIV." Completely conclusive that homosexuals are a risk factor in contracting HIV. That indicates cause. And, you just said it again, contradicting yourself.

    So, once again, you have presented an invalid conclusion. Congratulations.





    I showed how you made the claim and how your analysis failed in it's attempt to prove it. As I have been saying. Go ahead, Hicup. Rebut... and please do it with something other than "nuh huh". I showed where you made the claim and I showed where your claim is invalid. Either show us SOMETHING or stand down.



    So, then this statement is false: "Therefore it is reasonable, and in fact completely conclusive that homosexuals, as a group, are a risk factor in contracting HIV." Good to know.
    I don't need to rebut you post. I am right, and you failed miserably in proving me wrong. If you want to claim victory, go ahead, but I would hope that the reasonable members here would see otherwise. if they don't, no matter, I knwo that you have not refuted me argument, and I am STILL 100% correct in my analysis.


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  2. #1482
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    More evidence that you do not understand this debate or the issues that surround it. Sexual orientation is defined as such... by a few sources:









    See? Your Star is correct. You are wrong. With your lack of understanding of this issue, I am starting to wonder if you are here to make the anti-GM side look ridiculous.
    Why do you keep saying I have a "lack of understanding"? Does this make you feel superior? Are you trying to garner favor from someone? I would hope that at the very least, to the reasonable members lucky enough to read this thread, I seem to appear to have a somewhat slight grasp of the issue.


    Tim-
    Last edited by Hicup; 08-08-10 at 05:15 AM.
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  3. #1483
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,725

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    No, this statement is completely and utterly false. How can it possibly be true? Even if one were to ignore the blatantly obvious for a moment, homosexuas have a single choice for sexual intercourse, whereas heterosexuals have two. The law of averages alone would completely, and utterly refute your asssertion.
    I would agree that heterosexuals probably do not have anal sex as often as homosexuals... though I would like to see some data to confirm that. However, when discussing this issue, we are talking about risk factors for HIV. Behavior causes HIV. Not orientation. Therefore, the discussion of orientation is irrelevant from a causational factor.



    yes, but..ummm.. hmmm. Sexual activity is what is sampled in the HIV CDC sample, and it is designated by sexual orientation. Do you really not see this as relavant to my analysis?
    It's sampled, yes. It is only relevant in a correlational way. That does NOT lead to the conclusion you made. That is why your final analysis is bunk.

    The fact is that a homosexual, or a heterosexual that doesn't have sex, is rendered moot in my analysis, and I would also argue rendered moot in any meaningful debate on sexuality.
    Sorry, you don't get to eliminate data or information because it doesn't apply to your conclusion. That is not how honest analysis works. Sexual behavior is but one part of sexuality. I would think that you would know that... but perhaps not.
    Last edited by CaptainCourtesy; 08-08-10 at 05:23 AM.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #1484
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    I don't need to rebut you post. I am right, and you failed miserably in proving me wrong. If you want to claim victory, go ahead, but I would hope that the reasonable members here would see otherwise. if they don't, no matter, I knwo that you have not refuted me argument, and I am STILL 100% correct in my analysis.


    Tim-
    I found this hilarious.

    By the way, Your Star may have been wrong about the prevalence of anal sex among straits and gays(she may have been right, it's hard to say), she is absolutely right about the fact that homosexuality is not about sex, but about who a person is attracted true. Homosexual sex is about who you have sex with, not what specific act you perform. So, in point of fact, you are quite wrong.

    To further emphasize the point...anal sex with some one of the other gender is heterosexual sex, while homosexual sex can include such acts as pegging, frotting and mutual masturbation in addition to anal and oral sex. Does this make the difference clear?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #1485
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Why do you keep saying I have a "lack of understanding"? Does this make you feel superior? Are you trying to garner favor from someone? I would hope that at the very least, to the reasonable members lucky enough to read this thread, I seem to appear to have a somewhat slight grasp of the issue.


    Tim-
    I am going to guess he says it because you show a lack of understanding in your posts.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #1486
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,725

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    I don't need to rebut you post. I am right, and you failed miserably in proving me wrong. If you want to claim victory, go ahead, but I would hope that the reasonable members here would see otherwise. if they don't, no matter, I knwo that you have not refuted me argument, and I am STILL 100% correct in my analysis.


    Tim-
    You can't rebut my post, so you run. You are proving that everything I have been saying about you is accurate. You lied, you contradicted yourself, and you used logical fallacies to "prove" your position... an invalid debate tactic. And all you do is say "I'm right" as a rebuttal. You've been proven wrong. And you have no rebuttal.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #1487
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,725

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Why do you keep saying I have a "lack of understanding"? Does this make you feel superior? Are you trying to garner favor from someone? I would hope that at the very least, to the reasonable members lucky enough to read this thread, I seem to appear to have a somewhat slight grasp of the issue.


    Tim-
    I say it because you show a complete lack of understanding of the issue. Not even a slight grasp. Your attempts to divert are noted... considering that you cannot refute anything I have claimed. And at the same time, I have demonstrated that your argument lacks both a grasp of simple concepts like orientation and behavior and is filled with logical fallacies and false conclusions. If you could rebut anything I said, you would. You can't so you won't.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #1488
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I am going to guess he says it because you show a lack of understanding in your posts.
    Oh brother..

    CC -
    Behavior causes HIV
    And you accuse me of lacking an understanding.. ^^^ LOL

    Look, if the gang of whatever you peope are insist on claiming a victory, then please do so. I have not ben proven wrong, in fact, your arguments have only allowed me to illuminate the absurdity of your positions. let the members decide. If they are honest, and logical, then they can only conclude I am 100% accurate. The mere fact that you as part of the "gang" say it isn't, is meaningless to me.

    I'm an honest person, if I'm shown to be wrong, I will damn well say so, and I'll do it publicly, and without condition. Thus far, you all suck at a coherant argument.


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  9. #1489
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Oh brother..

    CC -

    And you accuse me of lacking an understanding.. ^^^ LOL

    Look, if the gang of whatever you peope are insist on claiming a victory, then please do so. I have not ben proven wrong, in fact, your arguments have only allowed me to illuminate the absurdity of your positions. let the members decide. If they are honest, and logical, then they can only conclude I am 100% accurate. The mere fact that you as part of the "gang" say it isn't, is meaningless to me.

    I'm an honest person, if I'm shown to be wrong, I will damn well say so, and I'll do it publicly, and without condition. Thus far, you all suck at a coherant argument.


    Tim-
    I know...let's bitch in advance about others claiming victory, while at the same time claiming victory. Excellent plan, I wonder if it works for you.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #1490
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    You can't rebut my post, so you run. You are proving that everything I have been saying about you is accurate. You lied, you contradicted yourself, and you used logical fallacies to "prove" your position... an invalid debate tactic. And all you do is say "I'm right" as a rebuttal. You've been proven wrong. And you have no rebuttal.
    Let me ask you a question. Do moderators that are involved in a thread allow themselves to self moderate? I ask, only because you accused me of lying here. I have not done so, so please retract it.


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •