Page 140 of 189 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 1882

Thread: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

  1. #1391
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Someone needs to learn properly about STD's before saying such ignorant comments.
    Someone does. That someone is you. He is correct that homosexuals have a far higher likely to contract aids and HIV.



    You can apologize for your ignorance on the subject and for attacking him at any time.



    Powered by Google Docs
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  2. #1392
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:23 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,607

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I argue that polygamy is not equal to homosexuality in the impact on the individual or society. Based on the reasons why the government would sanction marriage at all, this makes it a red herring in the GM debate, as it is not equivalent. It's inequality has little to do with rights.
    That may be, but by the reasoning of the decision, the discrimination was on moral grounds. As in, it was violation of equal protection because heterosexual marriage cannot be considered to be morally superior to homosexual marriage. The decision turns on moral considerations.

    Thus, any similar ban on polygamy must also fail, because the idea of a marriage consisting of only two people cannot be considered morally superior to a marriage being made up of more than two.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  3. #1393
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Someone does. That someone is you. He is correct that homosexuals have a far higher likely to contract aids and HIV.



    You can apologize for your ignorance on the subject and for attacking him at any time.



    Powered by Google Docs
    No, MALE homo and bisexuals have higher incidence of HIV. Female homosexuals have extremely low risk.

    And, Hicup said heterosexuals have an "even statistically zero chance of getting HIV," which is about the most ****ing retarded thing I've read on this forum and your little link and graph only proved just how ****ing retardedly ignorant such a claim was.

  4. #1394
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:47 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,360
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Someone does. That someone is you. He is correct that homosexuals have a far higher likely to contract aids and HIV.



    You can apologize for your ignorance on the subject and for attacking him at any time.



    Powered by Google Docs
    We call this a straw man. You completely failed to address what was being talked about, which is challenging "even statistically zero chance of getting HIV" for strait people.

    BY the way, the common factor in HIV is not orientation, but activity. Those who engage in high risk activities(promiscuous sex) have a much higher rate of contracting HIV than those of any orientation who do not engage in high risk activities. Both you and Hicup have had this pointed out to them.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #1395
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    He said zero. Zero chance.

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Someone does. That someone is you. He is correct that homosexuals have a far higher likely to contract aids and HIV.



    You can apologize for your ignorance on the subject and for attacking him at any time.



    Powered by Google Docs

  6. #1396
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,802

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Someone does. That someone is you. He is correct that homosexuals have a far higher likely to contract aids and HIV.



    You can apologize for your ignorance on the subject and for attacking him at any time.



    Powered by Google Docs
    1) Your stats refute his claim that heterosexuals have a near zero chance of contracting HIV.
    2) The information is also irrelevant because the issue with contracting HIV is BEHAVIOR not ORIENTATION... a concept you still don't get. Also, you have presented the correlation, not causation logical fallacy. As usual.
    3) You can now apologize for your continued ignorance on the subject and to Hicup for your assistance in proving him wrong.
    Last edited by CaptainCourtesy; 08-07-10 at 03:22 PM.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #1397
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,802

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    That may be, but by the reasoning of the decision, the discrimination was on moral grounds. As in, it was violation of equal protection because heterosexual marriage cannot be considered to be morally superior to homosexual marriage. The decision turns on moral considerations.

    Thus, any similar ban on polygamy must also fail, because the idea of a marriage consisting of only two people cannot be considered morally superior to a marriage being made up of more than two.
    I am not arguing this based on the decision that was rendered. I'm not convinced that the decision was a good one, or one that will hold up, legally. I'm also not arguing it from a moral perspective. My argument is based on a benefit to society analysis in conjunction with reasons why government would sanction marriage at all.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #1398
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:23 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,607

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    That's funny.

    I thought the constitution is the one that specifically says the courts are there to uphold the constitution.
    It doesn't.

    I thought the constitution is the one that dictates that a judges ruilng regarding to constitution is essentially constitutional law.
    It doesn't.

    I thought the constitution is the one that had the surpemecy clause in it.
    It does.

    I thought the constitution is the one with the equal protection clause in it.
    It does.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  9. #1399
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:23 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,607

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I am not arguing this based on the decision that was rendered. I'm not convinced that the decision was a good one, or one that will hold up, legally. I'm also not arguing it from a moral perspective. My argument is based on a benefit to society analysis in conjunction with reasons why government would sanction marriage at all.
    Well, you did say it has "little to do with the GM debate," and this decision is forefront in that debate, and the topic of the thread. The decision has made it much more of an issue than it ever has been before because of its specific reasoning. So, like it or not, it's in the debate.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  10. #1400
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,802

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Well, you did say it has "little to do with the GM debate," and this decision is forefront in that debate, and the topic of the thread. The decision has made it much more of an issue than it ever has been before because of its specific reasoning. So, like it or not, it's in the debate.
    It's there as a red herring. It has little to do with it, but is presented as a slippery slope... one that does not apply.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •