Page 133 of 189 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 1882

Thread: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

  1. #1321
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:28 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Except that redress called on law scholars to back the assertion up. All you did was make meaningless decrees with no basis or support.
    It's kind of cute how you follow other people's posts, thanking them and adding little one-liners to the effect of "Yeah! So there!".

    Kind of a like a little sidekick.

    "Yeah! Strict scrutiny!"
    "Yeah! Law scholars!"

    LOL

  2. #1322
    Professor
    Groucho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pocono Mountains, PA
    Last Seen
    05-24-11 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,363

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Pray tell what is that soul and identity?
    Usually those are keywords for "white, Christian and straight"

  3. #1323
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:57 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    You obviously don't understand and I'm bored now repeating myself. Your original position was that you had somehow "proved" that the district court case is not irrelevant because facts are "usually" determined at the district court level and Walker "made it difficult" for it to happen otherwise.

    Sorry you haven't proven anything. That's simple logic, no "backing evidence" required.
    You obviously are not following this at all. You called the ruling irrelevant. It is not and I showed why it is not, with evidence to back me up. You have failed to do anything of the sort. In point of fact, since the starting point for the next step is based on this ruling, it is anything but irrelevant. Now, do you have any facts to bring to bear?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #1324
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,072

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Hey look, irrational fear and an appeal to emotion.
    That's what the Loyalists said circa 1775. To think this country is immune, after 234 measly years, to what has happened to thousands of societies over the course of time is naive.

  5. #1325
    Professor
    Groucho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pocono Mountains, PA
    Last Seen
    05-24-11 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,363

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    And I apologize for that, but the notion of gay marriage is somewhat offensive to me in the first place. It's not something I want to have to address with my kids now, or ever.

    It's like the teachers who had to explain cum on a dress to 5th graders in 1998. Our president was boning the intern outside of marriage, and that character flaw of his had to be dealt with by parents and teachers across the country.

    I'm all for growth and the evolving of society, but to me, this is just an entirely unnecessary and frankly absurd "evolution" that isn't needed. Gays can live and prosper forever, and they can commit to each other however they wish. Just don't ask me to introduce to my 9-year-old that "this is Steve and his husband, Gary."
    As the decision made clear, the fact that this makes you uncomfortable is not a valid reason for discrimination.

    Many people (as you know) had the exact same attitude toward interracial marriage.

  6. #1326
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:57 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    That's what the Loyalists said circa 1775. To think this country is immune, after 234 measly years, to what has happened to thousands of societies over the course of time is naive.
    Hey look, a straw man.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #1327
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    It's kind of cute how you follow other people's posts, thanking them and adding little one-liners to the effect of "Yeah! So there!".

    Kind of a like a little sidekick.

    "Yeah! Strict scrutiny!"
    "Yeah! Law scholars!"

    LOL
    Actually, it isn't their posts I follow; it's the whole thread. And I have contributed to this thread all along. But as long as you are going to keep playing your moronic games, you will get called on it.

    So put up or shut up...what have you got that makes a coherent argument? Surely with all your bravado, you can back it up with something.

  8. #1328
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,671

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Hey look, a straw man.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  9. #1329
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:28 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    In point of fact, since the starting point for the next step is based on this ruling, it is anything but irrelevant.
    I see Redress. If at first you don't you don't succeed... change your argument entirely. And now you want to claim that by calling Walker's decision irrelevant I meant the entire case had no relevance to the legal process.

  10. #1330
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:57 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Moderator's Warning:
    California gay marriage ban overturned: reportLet's all(including me) step it back just a bit please. Thank you.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •