Page 131 of 189 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1882

Thread: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

  1. #1301
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    It's that way because it's that way. Sorry, but a man can't screw another man and create another human being. It's just that way.
    Excellent. Someone explained procreation to you and you have now shared your secrets with us. Now what does that have to do with the gay marriage debate?

    The purpose of marriage is steeped in the conception of and raising of children, particularly as seen through the eyes of the church.
    So then you confess it's a religious thing to disapprove of gay marriage. Good, we can disregard that argument completely.

    Gay marriages are just two dudes or girls pretending to play house together, just like a heterosexual couple living together.
    Heterosexual marriages are just a frigid old bitch and a fat, lazy sod of a husband in a sexless, financially cooperative tenant situation. Aren't hyperboles and stereotypes FUN!!!???!!!??

    I half expect gays to one day protest against heterosexuals for procreating because it's not fair that they can't conceive, too, from gay sex.
    I half expect you to make a coherent argument one day but that's obviously just a fantasy, too.

  2. #1302
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Navy, you are back. Can you now show us all those legal experts who claim this ruling is flawed that you said you had read? I can't seem to find them, and published a list of sources showing the opposite. I just know you can back up your word.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #1303
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Bottom line is this judge should have reclused himself because he is gay.................
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  4. #1304
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Bottom line is this judge should have reclused himself because he is gay.................
    Being gay is no reason to be a recluse. And no, he had every right to rule on this case as anyone else. Should every straight judge have "reclused" himself too since straight people were arguing against it?

  5. #1305
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:08 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,157

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You have shown no evidence that they will. I have shown evidence that, among people who study and work in the law, it is considered unlikely but not impossible. I have also shown, with links, that the Walker ruling makes it harder for those supporting prop 8 in the future. You have not in any way shown this to be less than true.
    You've also claimed to have "proven" something you have not. I agree that you've supported your position better than I have with outside sources. Were you to have come to the table having read both sides and formed your own view, I might be interested in more of discussion. As it is, I have little interest in simply trading links, or discussing interpretations of other people's conjecture.

    Let's just wait and see how each of our predictions fares.

  6. #1306
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Bottom line is this judge should have reclused himself because he is gay.................
    Bottom line is that is just stupidly false. The only way he would have needed to recuse himself is if he was planning to get gay married.

    Should women judges recuse themselves in sex discrimination cases Navy? Hint: they don't

    Should black judges recuse themselves in racial discrimination cases? Hint: they don't

    Should white judges recuse themselves in reverse discimination cases? Hint: they don't.

    Should a christian judge recuse himself from a case involving religion?

    Come on Navy, move past the whiny talking point. Show why he should recuse himself. Being gay does not mean anything(hint: some gays are against gay marriage), just as being strait doesn't mean anything.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #1307
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    You've also claimed to have "proven" something you have not. I agree that you've supported your position better than I have with outside sources. Were you to have come to the table having read both sides and formed your own view, I might be interested in more of discussion. As it is, I have little interest in simply trading links, or discussing interpretations of other people's conjecture.

    Let's just wait and see how each of our predictions fares.
    I have proven just what I have claimed, that my position is based on actual evidence, not sayso. You then came in, said I was wrong, for no reason other than you said so, and offered zero backing evidence. You have totally and completely failed to make your point, in any way, shape or form.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #1308
    Professor
    Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    04-27-17 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,782

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Wow I need to check in more often....I scan through the thread so If I bring up something alreadt emntioned forgive me...

    The problem I have with the ruling is the claim to EPC and Due process since this is a California law and California law SPECIFICALLY states that anyone on the Domestic partner registry get the same privledges as "married" spouses. So don't we now have a level playing field with each group receiving equal treatment under the law?
    I see the whole Prop 8 scenario as propaganda by both sides of the arguement with each only representing their particular narrow ideological focus and neither interested in real freedom or justice.
    From the ashes.

  9. #1309
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 11:30 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,026

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Excellent. Someone explained procreation to you and you have now shared your secrets with us. Now what does that have to do with the gay marriage debate?



    So then you confess it's a religious thing to disapprove of gay marriage. Good, we can disregard that argument completely.



    Heterosexual marriages are just a frigid old bitch and a fat, lazy sod of a husband in a sexless, financially cooperative tenant situation. Aren't hyperboles and stereotypes FUN!!!???!!!??



    I half expect you to make a coherent argument one day but that's obviously just a fantasy, too.
    You're a good dude, and I certainly wince that I'm offending you. I have no issue with you being gay, so please know that. This is an issue I'm very passionate about, as are you, and one we'll continue to butt heads. We're pretty parallel elsewhere.

    I post so absolutely for a reason. I find the debate ridiculous frankly. I know you don't, but that's just where I am with it.

    If I met you face to face, I'd gladly have a few beers with you. However, we'll just never see eye to eye on this particular issue.

  10. #1310
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,647

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    I am not against gay marriage. I do not have a homophobic bone in my body (no pun intended.) But I must confess, even though I support allowing gays to marry, I do find it a bit uncomfortable to see a judge over ruling the will of the majority on any issue. But, that being said, if the courts were to always rule along the lines of majority rule, women wouldn't be voting and blacks would still be riding at the back of the bus. So, I can see some benefits going against the majority.

    But one thing is for sure, as Redress brought up. Homophobia is on the decline. In ten years, I think you would be hard pressed to find a majority against the gays no matter where you looked. The folks from the older generations conditioned the way the older generations were raised to believe, are becoming less, and less, and less. That isn't an opinion, but a fact.

    My question is this, when the majority of the population approves gay marriage in the years (<10) to come, will they still hang on to the idea that the will of the majority should be adhered to, like they are saying now, or will they come up with another reason to poo-poo gay marriage?

    Face it. It's coming. Gays will be allowed to marry, coast to coast, within the next 10 years. I know some say it will never happen but those folks also said Obama would never get elected. LOL!

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •