Page 12 of 189 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 1882

Thread: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

  1. #111
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    And a Catholic should have recused himself because the Pope says gays are bad?

    And a Mormon should have recused himself because her church provided like 75% of the funding for Prop 8?

    Surely, and Evangelical would have to recuse himself because God knows they're pretty biased against the gays.

    So, who - in your opinion - should have heard it?
    Posibly a panel of judges

  2. #112
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Given that Mormons are a small minority everywhere but Utah, the results would have likely been the same. Believe it or not, the people of California don't look to Utah for their guidance on anything.
    Actually, Bill, the mormon church injected a HUGE amount of money into a last minute campaign full of deception and false accusations. Numbered among them were that gay people were trying to ban the words "mom and dad".

  3. #113
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Posibly a panel of judges
    That's the next step. This is how it works. One judge, then panel of 3, then full panel, then SCOTUS. But first the "stay" order will follow that path - then the actual ruling will follow that path.

  4. #114
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Prop 8 was such an embarrassment for our state--maybe now we can lead the way to repealing all state level anti-gay laws with regard to marriage and adoption.

    Congratulations and many happy returns to everyone who will be getting married tomorrow.

  5. #115
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,359

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    If that were so activist judges would not be an issue. Sad thing is activist judges are a problem
    We'll say it again
    Activist Judges= A judge who makes a decision one does not agree with/ most of the time.

    If you can read the ruling, and cite evidence that it's an "activist" ruling then post it. If you can't prove it(which you can't) then you should have a problem with this judges ruling.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  6. #116
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Actually, Bill, the mormon church injected a HUGE amount of money into a last minute campaign full of deception and false accusations. Numbered among them were that gay people were trying to ban the words "mom and dad".
    The Mormon Money Behind Proposition 8 - The Daily Dish | By Andrew Sullivan

    The Mormon Church backed up to 75% of the cost to market Prop 8.

  7. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I know. It's been the talk of the news here in CA how they preempted the judge's ruling, basically showing they had no intentions of following the court's decision.

    Any word on whether or not the stay of verdict is being granted?
    Judge overturns Calif. gay marriage ban - Yahoo! News

    Despite the favorable ruling for same-sex couples, gay marriage will not be allowed to resume immediately. Judge Walker said he wants to decide whether his order should be suspended while the proponents of the ban pursue their appeal in the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals.

  8. #118
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    What's unavoidable is that people like you and various other assorted Rip Van Winkles in this society are either going to get with the times or lead a very, very angsty life from now until the time you join the Dodo bird in extinction.
    "people like you..."

    LOL!

    deal with the consequences of your VICTORY

    november nears

  9. #119
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Not answering the question here.

    Why?
    Present facts, don't give me crap about the "will of the people."

    You're supposed to be trying to convince people that your argument is valid.
    Asking for a rationale is not going to yield results. I suggest you save your energy.

    The mouth foaming is exactly why prop 8 was defeated. There is no real reason to ban gay marriage in the year 2010. They've lost now and they'll eventually lose at the federal level for similar reasons. It's the same reason why DOMA was struck down not too long ago.

  10. #120
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    "people like you..."

    LOL!

    deal with the consequences of your VICTORY

    november nears
    Hint: Jallman is a conservative....
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •