Page 11 of 189 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 1882

Thread: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Dude seriously, what has a gay person done to you, for them to receive such treatment?

    What's the point of arguing against this?
    It makes people look childish.
    What treatment? I have a gay sibling and accept it. But then they do not flaunt it or bring attention to themselves

  2. #102
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,142

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    This is another one. I am ecstatic about this ruling. Every one who knows me on this board knows that gay issues are important to me. However, it is perfectly possible to oppose gay marriage without being bigoted, or for bigoted reasons. Let's leave the over the top rhetoric to the other guys, then laugh at them for it.
    I am not sure what you are saying here, but I was not addressing ANYTHING you said. I was replying to a post by The Prof.
    Last edited by prometeus; 08-04-10 at 07:16 PM.

  3. #103
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    </oldmanrant>

    Why don't you try to convince people, with facts, as to why gay people shouldn't be allowed to get legally married?
    Or apparently be judges.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #104
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    What treatment? I have a gay sibling and accept it. But then they do not flaunt it or bring attention to themselves
    Most gay people don't but why deny them the ability to marry?
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  5. #105
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Some things shouldn't be voted according to the will of the people. The will of the people shouldn't supercede personal rights. Regardless, Prop 8 was passed by a very narrow margin. I wonder how the results would have been if the Mormons wouldn't have gotten involved as heavily as they did.
    Given that Mormons are a small minority everywhere but Utah, the results would have likely been the same. Believe it or not, the people of California don't look to Utah for their guidance on anything.
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    well, aren't you special!

    your mom, bless her heart, must be very proud

    unfortunately, you (or, more accurately, some people a little more important than you) are gonna HAVE TO deal with that fallout

    it's like gravity, unavoidable
    What's unavoidable is that people like you and various other assorted Rip Van Winkles in this society are either going to get with the times or lead a very, very angsty life from now until the time you join the Dodo bird in extinction.

  7. #107
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Argumentum ad populum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Already addressed this earlier.
    That isn't a good argument.
    politically, it's the ONLY argument

    live it, libs, love it

    it's all YOURS

  8. #108
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Your problem is my left wing friend is Keennedy has never voted for gay marriage.............He voted on the texas case and I agree with him on that one.........
    Because it's not been ruled upon -so we can't know. What evidence we do have is that in 3 of the 4 cases addressing gay rights, he voted in favor of the expansion of gay rights.

  9. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
    Should a straight person have done so as well? Should all black people recuse themselves if there is a question about racial discrimination? Should all women recuse themselves if the issue is about equal pay?

    Somehow it never occurs to you people that maybe judges can make decisions based on the law. Perhaps you should question yourselves. It seems you would make decisions based on your own personal biases and therefore you assume everyone else would, too.
    If that were so activist judges would not be an issue. Sad thing is activist judges are a problem

  10. #110
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Is this your first time here my left wing friend.......Its been done a thousand times in DP.........
    Not answering the question here.

    Why?
    Present facts, don't give me crap about the "will of the people."

    You're supposed to be trying to convince people that your argument is valid.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

Page 11 of 189 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •