Page 109 of 189 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1882

Thread: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

  1. #1081
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    So what about my particular argument in regards to males and females.

    Can men change the fact they're men in your opinion?

    Can women change the fact they're women in your opinion?

    Then how is telling a man he can only marry women and women can only marry men any different than telling a black person they can only marry a white person and white people they could only marry black people?
    When a Black person marrys he is marrying someone of the opposite sex...........I guess that if a gay man or woman wanted to change their sex then they could marry someone of the opposite sex no matter how screwed up that is.........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  2. #1082
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Just pointing out marriage may not make gays happy.They keep talking about what they gain and avoid looking at what they lose
    Marriage does not make all straights happy either. What's your point? I suppose, in accordance with what you said, we should outlaw all marriage.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #1083
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    The right of marriage is the right to two parties to choose a spouse, and with free and mutual consent, join together and form a household where they then consent to support each other and their dependents. If polygamists wish to argue that the state has an interest in promoting marriage that includes more than two parties, then let them. They must provide evidence to support that they can provide just as stable homes as heterosexual couples and same sex couples. It has been more than adequately demonstrated through evidence in this case that same sex couples are just as capable of providing a stable household and raising children as heterosexual couples. There is no evidence to support that polygamists are similarly capable. As such, arguments of polygamy are irrelevant to same sex marriage.
    Nice try but no! The case before the bar, Sir, isn't whether gays can have stable households. It is whether they're fundamental rights are being infringed.


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  4. #1084
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    And he's wrong.. If one beleives that marriage is fundamental right, then any type of marriage is. Is it not?

    Tim-
    The right to contract is fundamental under the constitution, but minors cannot enter into contracts.

    The right to free speech is fundamental, but there are limits.

    The right to bear arms is fundamental, but there are limits.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #1085
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Ah, it seemed you were speaking about polls as in the whole over turning the peoples will, california people support it, etc. My mistake and apologizes.
    Not a problem, I probably should have been more clear.............
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  6. #1086
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    DADT is currently undergoing a 1 year review by the pentagon, looking into how to handle possible issues with repeal. This review will finish in December. This is all easy to get information if you put the slightest effort into doing so.
    LOL!

    you need to put a little more of that effort you're pushing into finding a little more of that easy info you tout

  7. #1087
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    No... I never claimed that "number of partners" should be included in the "sexual orientation" construct.
    Good. Then your comparison of the two, as I said, was incorrect.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #1088
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    No, it's because the polygamy argument is irrelevant to the issue. It's like comparing apples and airplanes. Bringing it up is a silly talking point/red herring that does not apply.
    Of course it applies, but only as an illustration to make a point.


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  9. #1089
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The right to contract is fundamental under the constitution, but minors cannot enter into contracts.
    And there are laws against hommosexual marriage yet you want to disregard those do you not so what is the difference?

    The right to free speech is fundamental, but there are limits.

    The right to bear arms is fundamental, but there are limits.
    Exactly what we are saying
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  10. #1090
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,124

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Nice try but no! The case before the bar, Sir, isn't whether gays can have stable households. It is whether they're fundamental rights are being infringed.


    Tim-
    Indeed, and that right is defined in this case as, "the right of two parties to choose a spouse, and with free and mutual consent, join together and form a household where they then consent to support each other and their dependents."

    The judge argued that the evidence presented demonstrated clearly that same sex couples could fulfil their obligations to their dependents as well as heterosexual couples. There is no evidence that polygamists could do so and so it is an irrelevant argument to make.
    Last edited by CriticalThought; 08-05-10 at 05:50 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •