Page 104 of 189 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1882

Thread: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

  1. #1031
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    I may be a bit biased about polygamy, being an old man of 64, but I think that having more than one spouse at the same time is crazy stupid. The logistics of it has to be difficult at best.
    If I was 24, I might have a different opinion....
    as your left wing friends tell me when it comes to gay marriage, whether someone wants 2,3 or 4 wives is really none of your business.......
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  2. #1032
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Not true Redress. You want to throw out all laws banning homosexual marriage in favor of allowing it so why can't other alternative lifestyles throw out the laws you enjoy for the sake of your argument?
    They can certainly sue for those rights, just as gays can. However, to say that being gay is the same thing as being incestuous, or a polygamist, or wanting to marry minors, is patently false. They are key differences in each case. This is about gays and marriage.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #1033
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Its absolutely valid you just don't like addressing it.

    You wish to throw out law banning gay marriage. When a child and an adult come to you and say they want to get married and you can't deny them their "right" they are using the same argument as you are ie their "right" to marray. You can't then proclaim there are laws against chidren marrying adults because you just threw out law banning your favored alternative lifestyle. Thats the fallacy of the gay marriage movment. You want gay marriage? Fight for an ammendment don't try to get activist judges to bastardize the Constitution into pretending they were ever addressing homosexual marriage when it is painfully clear they never did.
    First, your comments had exactly nothing to do with what you quoted. I have no clue where you are coming from on that.

    Second, again, you have yet to show any evidence at all that this was an activist judge.

    Third, again, gay marriage is the issue, not those other things which are, clearly, different than gay marriage.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #1034
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    Polygamy vs monagamy also is not the point of this thread.
    Why not......you gays bring up Blacks all the time...............They are not the subject of this thread either..........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  5. #1035
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    don't talk about the NEEDS of bi's

    my argumentative structure can't handle it right now

    THIS is about CALIFORNIA

    you must talk about THAT

    this is about GAYS getting MARRIED

    to ONE!!!

    only to ONE!!!

    anything else is OFF TOPIC!

    LOL!

  6. #1036
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    Nobody named "Barry" has a DoJ.

    It is hilarious watching you keep trying to make this about Obama, and continuously fail.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #1037
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    They don't factor in because they don't meet your agenda.......Like I said earlier which you are ignoring is in the state of Washington we have domestic partnerships for Gays and it all includes elderly member of the same family who want a domestic partnership for the benefits provided............

    There is no sex involved....What part of that do you not understand?

    I don't have a problem with woman on woman if you allow all the other grpups the samr right................
    It doesn't work like that navy. You can't go "They don't factor in because they don't meet my agenda" when I SPECIFICALLY state WHY they don't factor in. If you want to counter me, actually counter me. Tell me why my reasoning is wrong. Show me where my reasoning is hypocritical. Give me some form of evidence.

    Simply saying "You just are saying that cause it doesn't meet your agenda" is nothing but an opinion, an opinion based off seemingly zero fact. That's not an argument, that's not a counter, that's just pure unadulterated ignorance.

    And more power to Washington, its good that they've done something for them. Personally I don't have a huge issue with Civil Unions but I can also understand how they're seperate but equal and thus unconstitutional.

    However saying "if you allow woman on woman you must allow EVERY combination" is as ridiculous as saying "IF you allow man on woman you must allow EVERY combination". If I just said "You MUSt allow women on women" and ended it there, giving no further argument, nothing specific to my argument...sure, maybe you'd have a point.

    But I didn't, I've stated specifically WHY...and unless you can show me where the reasonings I SPECIFICALLY gave to justify same sex groupings ALSO apply to minors, or multiple people, or animals, or anyone else, then you're not countering anything.

    Indeed, you and a fellow poster actually got me to admit, that I'd probably not have a great problem with relations being allowed to "marry" despite finding it incredibly offputting. Though if the genetic issues are present as I thought they were, I am fully in favor of laws prohibiting sexual intercourse between two such people.

  8. #1038
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Nobody named "Barry" has a DoJ.

    It is hilarious watching you keep trying to make this about Obama, and continuously fail.
    but barry says gay marriage is just like incest and pedophilia

    i guess barry fails too

    LOL!

  9. #1039
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    who are you to tell a man he can't marry a man?

    and who are you to tell a bisexual he can't marry 2?

    he or she has needs, too, y'know
    Hi, I'm the constitution, nice to meet you.

    My Equal Protection Clause protects gender as a protected group that requires a mid level range of necessity by the government to discriminate against them.

    My equal protection clause does not apply to "numbers of people" as a protected group.

  10. #1040
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    The liberals here seem to shy away form the polygamy argument, as it tends to nullify the "fundamental" meaning of marriage. This is precisely my point. If marriage is so fundamental, then by what measure is it so? What is it about marriage that makes it fundamental, or inalieanable?

    Liberals care to weigh in?


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •