Page 102 of 189 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1882

Thread: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

  1. #1011
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Because marriage is not about the state saying you can marry it is about a covenant with God. You can say it can be done without a religious ceremony but then why not just live together.
    Marriage is a contract connected to hundreds of privileges between the two who forge said contract. Your god has nothing to do with it, nor can it be invoked in proper, legal discussion. Gods have no place in the laws of man.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #1012
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Nope, you just don't provide anything worth while to "address" cause you're not making an argument, you're making an ignorant statment.

    Yes, and Redress and others are also giving REASONS why it should be thrown out. Unlike you who....

    Just make statements that assert what people must do without giving any reasons, any argument, whatsoever. For your above statement to be true you must actually take Redresses stated reasonings and show why they apply to children. You can not, which is why you don't, you just throw this **** out there and then bitch when its disregarded like the baseless trash it is.

    its the idiocy of those pushing this counter that are using a fallacy
    equal parts sanctimony and pissiness

    a recipe plain folks can gag on
    Last edited by The Prof; 08-05-10 at 05:09 PM.

  3. #1013
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    48,013

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Again for the thousand time, Blacks are a race of people....They can't change that.........Gays are a class of people defined by their sexual preference..............They can and have done that..........
    So what about my particular argument in regards to males and females.

    Can men change the fact they're men in your opinion?

    Can women change the fact they're women in your opinion?

    Then how is telling a man he can only marry women and women can only marry men any different than telling a black person they can only marry a white person and white people they could only marry black people?

  4. #1014
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    9th amendment.
    It does not say marriage

  5. #1015
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Just like there were laws against black people marrying white people. Just like there were Jim Crow laws. This process has been repeated numerous times in American history, this is just the next time another minority group gets a right that has been denied them because they were different.
    Please don't insult blacks by comparing their plight to gays......There is no comparison and its and insult to blacks..........Thanks
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  6. #1016
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    48,013

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I am talking about the polls here in DP...The count can bew jury rigged......
    Ah, it seemed you were speaking about polls as in the whole over turning the peoples will, california people support it, etc. My mistake and apologizes.

  7. #1017
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:43 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Nothing about the number of partners. Sexual orienation is about the gender one is attracted to. You are wrong on this.
    No... I never claimed that "number of partners" should be included in the "sexual orientation" construct.

  8. #1018
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    48,013

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Because marriage is not about the state saying you can marry it is about a covenant with God. You can say it can be done without a religious ceremony but then why not just live together.
    Then by that definition it is unquestionably unconstitutional as a violation of church and state.

  9. #1019
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by marduc View Post
    You were the one who brought up immoral behaviors and normal. No twisting, it is normal for humans to have a sex drive, and it is normal for them to fulfill this drive with a partner that is attractive to them

    <shrug>
    It is you made it about sex I never mentioned sex

  10. #1020
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:02 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,363
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: California gay marriage ban overturned: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Did you really just Godwin this thread?
    He did. I think some one else did it earlier too, but I forget who.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •