Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 131

Thread: Prop C passes overwhelmingly

  1. #21
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Prop C passes overwhelmingly

    yes, this individual mandate is pernicious

    YOU KNEW WHAT WAS IN THIS BILL

    it will surely be taken on at the congressional level in the next session

    whoever assails it, especially if he or she wins, is sure to PROFIT prodigiously, politically speaking, of course

    so, we have movements of resistance breaking out all over, on every conceivable level

    on the ground, we see SEVENTY TWO percent shouting show me

    in the courts, there's the two dozen or so AG's, headed heroically this week by virginia's ken cuccinelli

    the district judge allowed virginia's challenge to proceed

    but more, the language used by judge hudson was very revealing of his disposition

    the white house repeatedly denied in public that the mandate was a tax but once the issue arrived in court the admin, for legal heft, had to reverse itself

    the judge appears inclined to look at the mandate as a PENALTY and not a tax

    but most heavily, hudson examined the commerce clause, obama's resort and justification

    more accurately, hudson studied the relationship of the clause to the fed's ambitious reach out to tap all americans to buy a very expensive product they don't want by virtually merely of their being living, breathing americans

    if the commerce clause can be used to accomplish this, the judge pondered, what can't the clause be used to justify?

    the electorate is agitated, we've got some movement in the courts, we've got sure legislative rewards once the house is realigned

    we've got the parliamentary procedure of defunding, sure to come

    did you see abc's and ap's breakdown of the new obamacare yesterday?

    jack cafferty on cnn ran with it---68 grant programs, 47 new bureaucracies, 29 demo or pilot programs, 6 regulatory bodies, 6 racial review agencies...

    fine---YOU KNEW WHAT WAS IN THIS BILL

    but, the rub---there's no staffing authority, some of these bodies are well defined in the 2000 pages, others are simply mentioned...

    getting this leviathon up and running is a nitemare, bloomberg called it "impossible"

    millions of americans are going to have to change plans, millions more are being dumped on medicaid (already anorexically underfunded), medicare advantage is zeroed out...

    the reason obama promoted dr berwick to med czar via recess appointment is cuz the admin simply cannot allow these ugly realities to be aired

    but they will be anyway

    it's all on drudge!

    oh well

    party on, progressives

    having fun?

  2. #22
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,746

    Re: Prop C passes overwhelmingly

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    yes, this individual mandate is pernicious

    YOU KNEW WHAT WAS IN THIS BILL

    it will surely be taken on at the congressional level in the next session

    whoever assails it, especially if he or she wins, is sure to PROFIT prodigiously, politically speaking, of course

    so, we have movements of resistance breaking out all over, on every conceivable level

    on the ground, we see SEVENTY TWO percent shouting show me

    in the courts, there's the two dozen or so AG's, headed heroically this week by virginia's ken cuccinelli

    the district judge allowed virginia's challenge to proceed

    but more, the language used by judge hudson was very revealing of his disposition

    the white house repeatedly denied in public that the mandate was a tax but once the issue arrived in court the admin, for legal heft, had to reverse itself

    the judge appears inclined to look at the mandate as a PENALTY and not a tax

    but most heavily, hudson examined the commerce clause, obama's resort and justification

    more accurately, hudson studied the relationship of the clause to the fed's ambitious reach out to tap all americans to buy a very expensive product they don't want by virtually merely of their being living, breathing americans

    if the commerce clause can be used to accomplish this, the judge pondered, what can't the clause be used to justify?

    the electorate is agitated, we've got some movement in the courts, we've got sure legislative rewards once the house is realigned

    we've got the parliamentary procedure of defunding, sure to come

    did you see abc's and ap's breakdown of the new obamacare yesterday?

    jack cafferty on cnn ran with it---68 grant programs, 47 new bureaucracies, 29 demo or pilot programs, 6 regulatory bodies, 6 racial review agencies...

    fine---YOU KNEW WHAT WAS IN THIS BILL

    but, the rub---there's no staffing authority, some of these bodies are well defined in the 2000 pages, others are simply mentioned...

    getting this leviathon up and running is a nitemare, bloomberg called it "impossible"

    millions of americans are going to have to change plans, millions more are being dumped on medicaid (already anorexically underfunded), medicare advantage is zeroed out...

    the reason obama promoted dr berwick to med czar via recess appointment is cuz the admin simply cannot allow these ugly realities to be aired

    but they will be anyway

    it's all on drudge!

    oh well

    party on, progressives

    having fun?
    That explains everything.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  3. #23
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Prop C passes overwhelmingly

    yup, that's where cafferty got it

  4. #24
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Prop C passes overwhelmingly

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    That explains everything.
    Oh I dunno, Drudge is pretty reliable?


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  5. #25
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Prop C passes overwhelmingly

    do you think the SEVENTY TWO PERCENT check out matt?

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Prop C passes overwhelmingly

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    do you think the SEVENTY TWO PERCENT check out matt?
    Do you think that all-caps makes you more likely to be taken seriously?

  7. #27
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Prop C passes overwhelmingly

    SEVENTY TWO percent is SERIOUS

  8. #28
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Prop C passes overwhelmingly

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Do you think that all-caps makes you more likely to be taken seriously?
    I thought it's used as emphasis ... you know, so when you read it to yourself those capitalized words are emphasized more than the others which are not capitalized. Or is it that you can't argue with the results so you attack the messenger ... ?

    Funny stuff though. Funny stuff.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  9. #29
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Prop C passes overwhelmingly

    now, back to important stuff, y'know, the world of adults:

    SEVENTY TWO percent (in MISSOURI) is very, very SERIOUS

    worry

  10. #30
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Prop C passes overwhelmingly

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    SEVENTY TWO percent is SERIOUS
    Seventy two percent is a landslide........ 90 days and counting.
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •