Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 102

Thread: Gunman Kills Self and Others at CT Company

  1. #61
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,260

    Re: Gunman Kills Self and Others at CT Company

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    I was peeing one day, and looked over at the floor on the stall next to me, where I saw a service revolver laying on the floor in front of the toilet. One of the female officers had forgotten it.



    city cop? /facepalm
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #62
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,260

    Re: Gunman Kills Self and Others at CT Company

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post


    This video should be a public safety announcement about why Glocks suck....
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #63
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,191

    Re: Gunman Kills Self and Others at CT Company

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    This video should be a public safety announcement about why Glocks suck....
    Never put your finger on the trigger unless you intend on firing it.

    To be fair, this guy's foot was threatening him.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  4. #64
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,260

    Re: Gunman Kills Self and Others at CT Company

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    Never put your finger on the trigger unless you intend on firing it.

    To be fair, this guy's foot was threatening him.



    True..... though when your safety is in the middle of the trigger, the room for error goes way down.....


    My cocked and locked 1911 is a safer design than a POS glock.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #65
    Educator
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Last Seen
    10-15-10 @ 08:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    718

    Re: Gunman Kills Self and Others at CT Company

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    I think it would be really appalling and disgusting for any of us to attempt to use this tragedy to make political hay on a gun agenda, whether that agenda is pro or anti-gun.
    I agree completely, however, it doesn't seem to stop either side from doing so, does it? The gun freaks will still go on and on about how everyone should have a piece strapped on, and the anti-gunners will complain that guns exist. Personally, I think they are both ridiculous positions. That's why I won't bother reading the rest of the drivel in this thread, it's all been said before and it hasn't changed even one person's mind.

  6. #66
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,156

    Re: Gunman Kills Self and Others at CT Company

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    True..... though when your safety is in the middle of the trigger, the room for error goes way down.....


    My cocked and locked 1911 is a safer design than a POS glock.

    Do you know, all 4 AD's that I was talking about (the cop shop I worked in} were with Glocks?

    I've never had any problems with Glocks personally, but DAYUM it does seem like some people do, don't they? WTH is up with that anyway?

    I don't carry one personally but I've shot plenty. I carry standard-design DAOs and have never had an AD with them. Got buddies that pack Glocks daily, don't know that they've had any AD's.

    Seems like cops and Glocks just don't go together well. Maybe it's a good thing that so many are switching to Smith M&P's.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  7. #67
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Gunman Kills Self and Others at CT Company

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    I see your new item and raise you an instance of race baiting.

    The man's family is saying that the shooter did this because of racism, which was the reason he was fired
    .

    The truth is that the shooter was fired for stealing beer.

    This story has an eerie parallel, right from my own real life. Those who live in the Houston area may be familiar with the murder of the owner of a flower shop in Sugar Land, just outside of Houston. One of our technicians is going to be a witness in the capital murder trial of the perpetrator. In May, the flower shop was moving to a new location in the same building, and I sold the owner the refrigeration services for her move. After our technician finished his job, he was giving the invoice to the owner of the store, and was there when she fired an employee for theft, and told him that she was going to file charges against him. A week later, that same employee waited outside the store until it closed, followed the owner home, shot her between the eyes, took her body back to the property where the store was located, dumped the body in the artificial lake behind the property, then fled with her car and credit cards. He was apprehended in Mississippi, and brought back to Sugar Land to stand trial for capital murder. There is no doubt that he is going to get the death penalty upon conviction. Guess what the killer's father is claiming? Yup, you guessed it. Racism.

    Yes, there is still racism in America, and I would like to see it all go away. But it won't. Part of the reason is that racism is something that is strongly ingrained in some people, who will always hate. But another part of the reason is that some people choose to race bait instead of taking responsibility for their actions, or the actions of their loved ones. And, as long as race baiting exists, it will be another factor that enables racism. Fact is, racism or not, the shooter here, as well as the Sugar Land flower shop killer, is a murderer. No amount of race baiting is going to mitigate the obvious.
    Exactly. IF he was harrassed due to his race, it is completely, totally and 100% irrelevant to him shooting and killing 9 people. I don't give a **** if they called him a ****ing nigger to his face every single day. That doesn't lessen the maliciousness and depravity of what he did. Any allegations of racism, real or imagined, only distract from the real issues.

  8. #68
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,260

    Re: Gunman Kills Self and Others at CT Company

    Quote Originally Posted by The Uncola View Post
    I agree completely, however, it doesn't seem to stop either side from doing so, does it? The gun freaks will still go on and on about how everyone should have a piece strapped on, and the anti-gunners will complain that guns exist. Personally, I think they are both ridiculous positions. That's why I won't bother reading the rest of the drivel in this thread, it's all been said before and it hasn't changed even one person's mind.



    Hi strawman, you want to show how "gun freaks" think everyone should be "Strapped"?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #69
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,156

    Re: Gunman Kills Self and Others at CT Company

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Hi strawman, you want to show how "gun freaks" think everyone should be "Strapped"?
    I think anyone who has a clean criminal record, has passed the required classes and obtained a CCW, should be able to carry anywhere except those places with obvious security issues (courthouse, chemical plant, etc.}

    There is no evidence available to indicate that such people constitute a problem of any kind. In reality, there is much evidence that CCW's are much less likely to cause problems than the general public.... and at least arguably less likely to shoot the wrong person and have ADs than the cops.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conceal...s#cite_note-39

    North Carolina reports only 0.2% of their 263,102 holders had their license revoked in the 10 years since they have adopted the law.[61]

    Permit holders are a remarkably law-abiding subclass of the population. Florida, which has issued over 1,408,907 permits in twenty one years, has revoked only 166 for a "crime after licensure involving a firearm," and fewer than 4,500 permits for any reason.[62]
    Now if you don't want to pack a gun, don't. Nobody says you have to.


    The likelihood that accidental shootings will occur is commonly overstated, also.

    Firearms Accidents and Firearms Safety Education
    Fatal Firearms Accidents for All Ages Annually: 1,134 nationwide in 1996. Rate of 0.4 per 100T population. Represents a roughly 90% decrease from record high in 1904. Accident rate is down by 65% since 1930, while U.S. population has doubled and number of privately-owned firearms has quadrupled. Compare to other types of fatal accidents, for all ages: Motor Vehicles 16.7/100T, Falls 4.8/100T, Poisoning 4.0/100T, Drowning 1.7/100T, Fires 1.6/100T, Choking 1.1/100T.(National Safety Council, National Center for Health Statistics, BATF, US Census)

    Fatal Firearms Accidents for Children 14 and Under Annually: 138 nationwide in 1996. About 3% of all fatal accidents under age 14. Represents a 75% decrease from record high of 550 in 1975. Compared to other types of fatal accidents for children: Motor Vehicles 44%, Fires 16%, Drowning 14%, Choking 4.5%.(Nat'l Safety Council, Nat'l Center for Health Statistics)
    Last edited by Goshin; 08-05-10 at 11:33 AM.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  10. #70
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Gunman Kills Self and Others at CT Company

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Hi strawman, you want to show how "gun freaks" think everyone should be "Strapped"?
    Well, you know Rev. that they have to defer to derision and appeal to ridicule fallacy when they can't win the arguments in a fair debate. Are we really surprised?
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •