Page 57 of 78 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 570 of 778

Thread: Ground zero mosque wins key vote

  1. #561
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Ground zero mosque wins key vote

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    Again, the US Constitution is not nor was it ever intended to be a suicide pact. The founders could in no way have contemplated the needs of today nor the depth of this evil. They couldn't even begin to fathom the death of 3k at the hands of 19 in half a day.

    Just remember - Laws are written by men, men can change them.
    My guns defend them. So if you're looking to throw away liberty and freedom for some "safety" because you wet your bed every night at the thought of terrorism; we're gonna have a problem. I'll take the terrorists over Big Brother type folk any day of the week.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #562
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Ground zero mosque wins key vote

    Seems to me that there are three typical positions here


    1 -- I have researched the group involved, and do not think they should be allowed to build.

    2 - -I haven't taken any time to research the group involved, and think they should be allowed build.

    3 -- I have taken the time to research the group involved, do not support them, but support their right to build.

    Those in group #2 are routinely ridiculing all other viewpoints, and seem incapable of distinguishing between group 1 and group 3. What I would ask them is whether they have taken any time whatsoever attempting to understand what the building represents to those building it, whether they have looked into their politics, or the funding of it? Have they made any attempt to understand much of anything at all, or are they just reacting?
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  3. #563
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Ground zero mosque wins key vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    I have a deal for you "conservatives" out there who wanna subvert the constitution.

    If you break private property laws and the constitution to stop the mosque from being built...

    Will you let the gays marry?

    A fair trade I think...

    I couldn't care less if Gay's marry...It's just going to make the greedy divorce lawyers richer.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #564
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Ground zero mosque wins key vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post

    I grow tiresome of your fearmongering.
    Why? Is this what you and others would like to hear from me...

    Islam is all peaceful and tolerant and its not evil like those Christians that kill everybody and are all haters like the NAZI Pope. So we'll finally be free of the nasty right-wing Christians that have forced God into everyone's life, right? And then we can have gay marriage for everyone and get rid of our soldiers and bombs because that Iranian dude said say so.... he's a good dude

    Ya know, Lets just accept Islam's terms now so everyne can get back to their self-deluding opium dreams until its time to get beheadedfor being a whore, a poofter, an infidel, whatever the ****

  5. #565
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Ground zero mosque wins key vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    My guns defend them. So if you're looking to throw away liberty and freedom for some "safety" because you wet your bed every night at the thought of terrorism; we're gonna have a problem. I'll take the terrorists over Big Brother type folk any day of the week.
    Damn skippy! Homeland defense begins at home.

    As it stands now, the government is a far greater threat to our liberty than any terrorists ever were, thanks to people who supposedly had a hard-on for "small government" rushing to Washington to throw away their rights as fast as they could.

  6. #566
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Ground zero mosque wins key vote

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    Again, the US Constitution is not nor was it ever intended to be a suicide pact.
    You're right, its our founding document which is the basis for which our governments is run. It is a document that universally applies to our government and our country and you don't get to pick and choose when you want to use it and when you don't want to use it, not if you want to be taken seriously during either point. Simply saying "its not a suicide pact!" doesn't change the fact that you're pushing for unconstitutional things.

    The founders could in no way have contemplated the needs of today nor the depth of this evil. They couldn't even begin to fathom the death of 3k at the hands of 19 in half a day.
    Which is the same kind of pathetic argument used by people wishing to take the right to bear arms away.

    Just remember - Laws are written by men, men can change them.
    Yes, they can.

    By amending the constitution.

    If you manage to do that to exempt Islam from the 1st amendment, then so be it. Until that point, you don't just get to "deem" the constitution invalid because you think it should be.

  7. #567
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Ground zero mosque wins key vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronado View Post
    Damn skippy! Homeland defense begins at home.

    As it stands now, the government is a far greater threat to our liberty than any terrorists ever were, thanks to people who supposedly had a hard-on for "small government" rushing to Washington to throw away their rights as fast as they could.

    Oh that is just Bull. And a mischaracterization of what is being discussed.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #568
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,298
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ground zero mosque wins key vote

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Oh that is just Bull. And a mischaracterization of what is being discussed.

    j-mac
    Why isn't it?

    You were so scared after 9/11 you allowed the patriot act...

    Many conservatives talk about the tyranny of government, imagine if you did lose control and the patriot act were turned on you?

    "Those who sacrifice liberty for safety shall have niether".

  9. #569
    Dispenser of Negativity
    Cold Highway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
    Last Seen
    12-24-12 @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,596
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Ground zero mosque wins key vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Why isn't it?

    You were so scared after 9/11 you allowed the patriot act...

    Many conservatives talk about the tyranny of government, imagine if you did lose control and the patriot act were turned on you?

    "Those who sacrifice liberty for safety shall have niether".
    Even in the age of the Douche Bag in Cheif they still dont get.
    Jackboots always come in matched pairs, a left boot and a right boot.

  10. #570
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Ground zero mosque wins key vote

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    Why? Is this what you and others would like to hear from me...

    Islam is all peaceful and tolerant and its not evil like those Christians that kill everybody and are all haters like the NAZI Pope. So we'll finally be free of the nasty right-wing Christians that have forced God into everyone's life, right? And then we can have gay marriage for everyone and get rid of our soldiers and bombs because that Iranian dude said say so.... he's a good dude

    Ya know, Lets just accept Islam's terms now so everyne can get back to their self-deluding opium dreams until its time to get beheadedfor being a whore, a poofter, an infidel, whatever the ****
    I think what most would like to hear from ya is silence. We got it, we understand. You believe Islam is horrible and shouldn't be permitted and blah blah blah. Written down, got it right here. I don't care how bad you think Islam is, it's not worth giving up freedom for your bias and opinions. You can tell us the sky is falling in every post. How the big bad terrorists are going to come get us, how evil Islam is or whatever the hell else you want. But it doesn't matter because in the end I will not abdicate freedom and liberty for your fear mongering. That's all there is to it. Life is hard, and it ain't secure, and death can come from a multitude of angles every single day. Yet I still get up and get out of bed and face it. And that's just the way of the world. But I'll be damned if some lot fearing some terrorist foe comes to restrict our freedoms and liberties because they are having a hard time getting out of bed in the morning to face the world.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 57 of 78 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •